• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trumps task force breifings

Bear Wild

I know that if a Democrat or celebrity had asked a similar question no one would have noticed - because there is nothing wrong with asking questions.
So you think a president should on national television propose even if it is a question things that could be fatal to anyone who tries them?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
That never happened. Fake news.
In the UK we all watched as President Trump made mention of using disinfectant internally. True.

That darned BBC..... always making stuff up, eh? :p
And he spends most his time telling America that he and his team are 'tremendous', 'fantastic' (that one's true! :D), amazing, 'great people', 'nice guys' and so forth.......... every press conference is not about saving and protecting people, it's all about selling...... Trump!

Last edited:

JesusKnowsYou

I apologize if I have offended you.
I was not offended. You just misrepresented what I said.

Thank you for the apology. I accept it - of course.
Trumps record is clear to anyone. He has been divisive, has better connection with world dictators, and is sending us backwards with environmental protection as we head into a crisis.
Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) makes people unreasonably hostile and irrational toward the President.

They put the absolute worst spin on anything Trump and attribute some ill-motive or stupidity to everything he says and does.

I would claim that what you said above is your interpretation based on your bias.

You just have an extreme bias that causes you to only accept information that conforms to a certain narrative - i.e. “Orange Man Bad”.

I consider the President to be much less divisive than Obama - who divided us on racial and economic lines.

I believe all this “divisiveness” is due to people with TDS who can’t accept that they lost the election.

They want it to appear that we are divided - but in reality the majority of Americans are united behind the President.

In regards to your comment about “world dictators” - shouldn’t our President have better connections with these and other world leaders - especially our enemies?

He does not pander to them like Obama did (bowing, giving away hundreds of billions of dollars and our uranium) and he doesn’t threaten them with war (like Hilary did during her campaign).

He treats them with a modicum of respect but he takes no nonsense and stamps out any aggression. He has been tough on Russia, China, North Korea and Iran.

Not to mention ISIS.

The environmental protections in the U.S. are ridiculously restrictive and make us dependent on other nations for our energy needs.

I don’t believe that the President always says the right thing - but he has been making the right moves in these areas in my opinion.
Note nothing mentioned about you.
You never offended me. You never openly insulted me. You just claimed that I had said something that I did not.

Thank you for being so conscientious though. I appreciate it.
I disagree. He misrepresents medical information. He supports unconfirmed medical treatment, boasts about how great he is doing after calling everything a hoax.
I don’t know when the President misrepresented medical information. Do you have a specific example?

There is nothing wrong with him mentioning and supporting an untried or unconfirmed medical treatment - especially when he tells his team of medical experts on international television to look into those treatments and test them.

The President is never alone in these briefings. Everything that is talked about is run by the medical experts on his team.

Announcing that his team is looking into new treatments is not a misrepresentation of medical information or a recommendation that anyone drink Koi Pond cleaner or inject anything into their bodies themselves.

Why do you believe that it is a bad idea for the President to tell the people that he and his team are looking into potential treatments for COVID-19?

According to your OP the President spent only 45 minutes - out of 35 briefings - praising the efforts of himself and the team.

When you consider that the average length of the briefings were 110 minutes - that’s approximately only 1% of that time and that’s not a lot of time spent on that at all.

I believe he should spend even more time praising his efforts and the efforts of his team - merely as a means to combat the unfair coverage of the liberal mainstream media that has TDS.

The President has not been “calling everything a hoax”.

Obviously the Russia investigation, what happened to Kavanaugh, the Mueller report, what happened to Michael Flynn and this new “Trump didn’t handle the COVID-19 crisis well” are hoaxes - among others - but that’s hardly “everything”.

I understand you didn’t specifically say that he was calling the virus a hoax - but are you still erroneously claiming that the President called the COVID-19 virus a hoax?
He promises everything will open on Easter despite all of the medical support team in complete saying this was not a good Idea.
Yet - on the other hand - you praise South Korea for their response to the crisis - and they didn’t close down their country at all.

Other countries with low infection and death rates also refused to shut down during the crisis.

Perhaps that method is not as effective as the media, Hollywood and the Democrats - who have TDS - have led us to believe?

It is my belief that these liberals want the shut down to continue so they can attempt to use the crumbling economy to get rid of the President.

I mean - Bill Maher admitted on national television that he was hoping for a recession in order to get rid of Trump.

The low unemployment rate has been a huge selling point for the President.

I believe that they don’t want to save lives - or livelihoods - or preserve our freedoms and rights.

They believe that they know what is best for the country and that entails getting rid of Trump. Classic TDS.

The President’s job is not only to protect the lives of citizens - but their livelihoods and freedoms as well - so there needs to be concrete indisputable evidence that closing everything down actually saves lives to justify crippling so many Americans.

I don’t believe that evidence exists.

However - the President now has a second opportunity to “Make America Great Again” by saving the economy for a second time.

No one can try to give credit to Obama once Trump pulls us out of the fire again.

JesusKnowsYou

The best way for a president to calm down the people is to be careful and knowledgeable about what he says. Trump is none of these.
The majority of the briefings were of the President’s medical team - not the President himself.

The President cannot be held accountable for those with TDS - grade-A morons - spreading lies and hoaxes.

The Koi Pond cleaner lady was proven to be an avid anti-Trumper who wanted her husband dead. It was a hoax.

Twitter idiots account for the claim that Trump recommended injecting disinfectant - because he did not say it.

We shouldn’t be relying on Twitter or media “breakdowns” for our news. Watch the briefings yourself.
Yes it was. As a member of the medical community the message was clearly incorrect and sent a dangerous message.
There was no “message”.

He asked his team of medical experts about using ultraviolet light in the body and possible methods to detoxify or “clean” the body internally.

He never said that people should inject anything into their bodies or drink Koi Pond cleaner.

He has never recommended that anyone perform any treatments on themselves.

That is fake news.
It was still to be taken internally whether injection or not.
What was to be taken internally?

The President never said that disinfectants should be taken internally. I will quote the President again,

“And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me."

Did the President ask about injections being used to clean the inside of the body? - Yes.

Did the President ask if disinfectants should be injected into the body? - No.

Did the President recommend that people should apply treatments to themselves? - No.

He mentioned that these disinfectants could “knock out” the virus in a minute.

Then he asked, “Is there a way we can do something like that?”

What is that “something like that” that he is referring to? - “knocking the virus out in a minute”

The President asked his team of medical experts if there was a way - possibly through injections or internal cleaning - that we could “knock the virus out in a minute”.

He asked if there was a way to clean - or detoxify - the body in a way that would “knock the virus out in a minute”.

The President never made any claim or recommendation on what should be injected into anyone.

He just wanted to know if there was anything that could clean the body internally.

It was the effectiveness of the disinfectants that motivated him to ask his question - but he never asked if the disinfectants themselves should be used in any of these possible injections or internal cleanings.

And he clearly stated that it would all be done by medical doctors - not people doing it to themselves.

Only those with TDS would interpret this to mean that the President was recommending that anyone should take it upon themselves to inject bleach into their bodies.
Does not matter a president must be much more careful and knowledgeable than this one. People have actually tried his advice.
Of course it matters.

If he made no recommendation - then no one can claim that he made one.

If he never said that disinfectants should be injected into the body - then no one can claim that he did.

It is very simple and basic logic that those with TDS can no longer identify.

I haven’t seen cases of people actually injecting disinfectants into their bodies.

Would you mind supplying a link to these cases?

However - if anyone actually did do this - we couldn’t blame the President since he never gave any “advice” - he asked a question.

We would need to blame the media - or Twitter - who created and perpetuated this farce.
No thank the Germans for that!!!!
I’m not about to take away credit where it is due.

I’m not disparaging the Germans - but I believe that God is due all of our gratitude.
So you think a president should on national television propose even if it is a question things that could be fatal to anyone who tries them?
He never said that anyone should do this or to try anything on themselves.

Let’s say that instead of disinfectants they were talking about radiation and how it kills the virus.

“And then I see the [radiation], where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by [irradiating] inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me."

You believe that this would be the President “proposing” that people drink or take baths in radioactive waste?

The President never proposed that anyone do anything without the approval of medical professionals.
That the Unitied states did a better job than any other country
I'm asking you to supply the actual quote and the source of the quote.

In all the quotes of the President I have shared on this thread he has referred to his efforts and the efforts of his team as “great jobs” and “good job”.

Can you quote exactly when the President claimed that the U.S. did a better job than any other country?
You cannot see this is exactly the opposite to what he does?
I cannot see what is not there.

It is the media, Hollywood and the Democrats who have been “whipping people up” - not the President.

Last edited:

Bear Wild

The President cannot be held accountable for those with TDS - grade-A morons - spreading lies and hoaxes.
Except he was the one calling a hoax and he is the one spreading lies so does that make the king of grade-A morons?
I’m not disparaging the Germans - but I believe that God is due all of our gratitude.

No the Germans are due the respect for what they did. If god was in control of this then why wouldn't gods followers been protected.
Watch the briefings yourself.

I watch all of them that's why I posted what I did. This is a dangerous divisive president and his briefings by him are often incoherent and self congratulating.

Bear Wild

He asked his team of medical experts about using ultraviolet light in the body and possible methods to detoxify or “clean” the body internally.

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost" This statement should never been made from a president with any intelligence on national news. The connection of disinfectant and injection are too closely aligned and anyone at that level of office should have been aware that this statement has no medical support. He was aware of the crisis long enough not to make a ignorant statement like that. The rest is just excuses and coverup

JesusKnowsYou

I noticed that you didn't respond to most of my comments. You also didn't answer any of my questions.

So - I'm going to assume that when you don't comment on something that I have said or answer my question that you and I are in agreement on that subject.

For example - you did not respond to my question about whether or not your claim that the President says that "everything" is a hoax also included your earlier (and false) claim that he had called the COVID-19 virus a hoax.

Since you did not answer that question I am going to assume that you agree with me on the fact that the President never claimed that the COVID-19 virus was a hoax.

Also - when I asked you that if the President had been talking about "radiation" rather than "disinfectant" would you believe that he was recommending that people drink radioactive waste.

I'll assume that you do think that - which would make you...um...not so smart.

You are free to point out if we are not actually in agreement or if you are in fact smarter than you appear - but that's up to you.

You'll have to go back and respond to what I said and actually answer my questions.
Except he was the one calling a hoax and he is the one spreading lies so does that make the king of grade-A morons?
First off - the President "calling a hoax" is not the same as "starting a hoax" - so I don't know why you pointed this out.

Would you calling out a lie all of a sudden make you a liar? - That makes no sense.

Now - I'm going to teach you a little something about how to share facts and opinions.

You just made the claim that the President is guilty of "spreading lies" - but you offered no quote or source to support your claim.

If you do not have a quote or source that supports that claim - you are are sharing an opinion - not a fact.

Since you are sharing an opinion you should preface it with "I believe..." or "I think..." or "I consider..." or "In my opinion..." or some equivalent.

I did that several times in my latest posts to you.

"I believe all this “divisiveness” is due to people with TDS who can’t accept that they lost the election."

"It is my belief that these liberals want the shut down to continue so they can attempt to use the crumbling economy to get rid of the President."

"I’m not disparaging the Germans - but I believe that God is due all of our gratitude."

I bring this up not only to educate you on how to properly share facts and opinions - but toalso hopefully prevent you from breaking Forum Rule #8 which reads,

"Stating opinions as a definitive matter of fact (i.e., without "I believe/feel/think" language, and/or without references) may be moderated as preaching."

RF Rules

Also - to answer your question - no - I do not consider the President the "king of grade-A morons" because calling out a hoax does not make someone a perpetrator of a hoax and you have yet to share any proof that he has lied.
No the Germans are due the respect for what they did.
What did they do exactly to warrant my respect?

Don't forget that I proved in an earlier post that if the U.S. had had the same infection rate as Germany - they would have had a lower death rate.
If god was in control of this then why wouldn't gods followers been protected.
That's a discussion for another thread - but God allows everyone - follower and non-follower - to get sick and die.

Believing in God and following His precepts is not a "Get-Out-of-Sickness-and-Death Free Card".
I watch all of them that's why I posted what I did.
I don't believe for a second that you watched all of them or any of them for that matter.

I believe you watched some news anchor on CNN offer up their very limited interpretation of what the President and his team said in the briefings.

Or something someone said on Twitter about the briefings.

No reasonable person who actually watched the briefings would be convinced that the President was "whipping" anyone up.
This is a dangerous divisive president and his briefings by him are often incoherent and self congratulating.
This is the third time I have had to point out that your own OP claims that the President spent only 1% of the time of the briefings to congratulate himself and his team.

What about that are you not getting?

Also - you again stated your opinion as if it were fact.

If you want to claim that the President is divisive or incoherent either claim that it is your opinion or provide examples of him being decisive or incoherent.
"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost" This statement should never been made from a president with any intelligence on national news.
First off - it's a question - not a statement.

Second - this question should never have been asked according to whom?

I see no problem with the question.

He is asking if there is a way to "clean" or detoxify the body internally that could "knock out the virus in a minute".

Only idiots would interpret this to be a recommendation to inject bleach in our bodies.

Also - you forgot to quote the part where he said that medical doctors would need to be used to look into it.

Not only did he not recommend that anyone inject bleach into themselves - he never recommended that any treatment should be administered without the use of medical professionals.

Sorry - you lose. This is fake news.
The connection of disinfectant and injection are too closely aligned and anyone at that level of office should have been aware that this statement has no medical support.
Again - he made no statement - he asked a question.

And you are of the opinion that having words close together or "closely aligned" will cause people to be stupid?

If he had talked about a sandwich he had for lunch and then mentioned injections - people would be injecting BLTs into their veins?

This is such a dumb thing to say.

His medical team had just talked about the effectiveness of disinfectants and the possibility of being able to put ultraviolet light into our bodies.

It's not a leap for him to ask about possible ways to clean our bodies internally.

This isn't even to mention the fact that mere moments after he asked this question he told a reported that he wasn't recommending that people be injected with disinfectants.

The President covered all of his bases. Anyone who believed he was recommending that they inject bleach into themselves either wasn't paying attention or they are an idiot.

This is fake news.

By the way - you still have yet to provide a source to support your claim that people actually injected disinfectant into themselves as a result of what the President said.
He was aware of the crisis long enough not to make a ignorant statement like that. The rest is just excuses and coverup
Again - he made no statement - and the "rest" is actually watching the briefing and not relying on a news anchor or Twitter to get my "liberal spin" on what Trump had said.
Don't you actually mean the medical field itself who has been in conflict and disagreeing what the president does?
Nope.

Last edited:

JesusKnowsYou

In the UK we all watched as President Trump made mention of using disinfectant internally. True.
You either watched a BBC "spin" on what he said or you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome.
That darned BBC..... always making stuff up, eh? :p
Exactly.

Like how they claimed that the President had made racist comments against those anti-American Congresswomen.
And he spends most his time telling America that he and his team are 'tremendous', 'fantastic' (that one's true! :D), amazing, 'great people', 'nice guys' and so forth.......... every press conference is not about saving and protecting people, it's all about selling...... Trump!
This claim contradicts the OP that claims that out of 35 briefings the President dedicated 45 minutes (1% of the time) to praising his efforts and the efforts of his team.

Did you not read the OP? Do you disagree with the OP?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You either watched a BBC "spin" on what he said or you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Exactly.

Like how they claimed that the President had made racist comments against those anti-American Congresswomen.

This claim contradicts the OP that claims that out of 35 briefings the President dedicated 45 minutes (1% of the time) to praising his efforts and the efforts of his team.

Did you not read the OP? Do you disagree with the OP?
We've watched Trump selling Trump through those meetings.
If you like President Trump then you do. But most Brits have a very low opinion of his levels of care for others.
Take your pick. :)

JesusKnowsYou

We've watched Trump selling Trump through those meetings.
If you like President Trump then you do. But most Brits have a very low opinion of his levels of care for others.
Take your pick. :)
I never claimed that he wasn't "selling Trump" during the briefings.

I only claimed that he spent a very insignificant amount of time doing so.

I don't see anything inherently wrong with that.

What do you mean by his "levels of care for others"?

JesusKnowsYou

And the flip-side are the DABS*.

* Dumb As a Brick Syndrome. :p
I hope you are not claiming that I have this DABS - because that would be a violation of Forum Rule #1.

Claiming that someone has a particular bias (TDS) - however - is not.

Besides - I find my position to be defensible
Maybe read this from a non-partisan source: Racial views of Donald Trump - Wikipedia
I would not consider Wikipedia to be a "non-partisan source".

I would be willing to discuss any of its content as long as they were presented one at a time.

Either way - this doesn't make the example I mentioned of what the President said racist.

The BBC is biased.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I hope you are not claiming that I have this DABS - because that would be a violation of Forum Rule #1.
Which is why I put the ":p" there, to thus indicate I was pulling your leg.

Claiming that someone has a particular bias (TDS) - however - is not.
Sorry, but that simply is clearly a bogus cover-up attempt in all likelihood, because of the word "Derangement". Your wording above sorta tells me that really do know that.

I would not consider Wikipedia to be a "non-partisan source".
I get this kind of nonsense back all the time with the time with some people here who are not able to counter evidence with facts, thus they blame the "messenger" (Wikipedia). Even if you thought you're correct, there are links that were provided there that you could have checked out, but you clearly didn't do that. Next time, if you can't come back with facts, maybe consider being honest with what you say, and sometimes saying nothing may be the best.

The BBC is biased.
That largely depends largely on who's doing the reporting.

But, again, you're resorting to using what's called "intellectual dishonesty", and I've seen way too much of that here to just let this pass without comment. Use facts, not bias; and if you can't, maybe it's best not to fabricate a response and remain silent. BBC has an excellent worldwide respect as a source of news, but it ain't perfect, that's for sure. Sure the heck knocks Fox "News" out of the water though.

And, in closing, Trump's racism is often very clear, and if you can't see that-- well, I'll just stop here. Maybe think about this when you're in or after church tomorrow, btw, as well as dismissing things simply because you don't like the "messenger". IMO, it's a great time for me to meditate on what I've done wrong over the week and what I can do to improve, and I make more than my fair share of mistakes, let me tell ya!

Take care, and have a Most Blessed Lord's Day.