• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trumps second Impeachment Trial Dead on Arrival

Heyo

Veteran Member
Who exactly understands this "code", and can it be uncoded by professional code breakers? Is it a fact..? Or is it mere "conspiracy"...? Inquiring minds want to know!
It's easy, really. You just have to watch what people are doing when they receive a command.
It's like when you watch a foreign person command their dog. When the dog sits, the command spoken immediately before was "sit".
When a mob attacks the Capitol ...

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
REPUBLICAN Senators have all but killed off Democratic hopes of impeaching former President Donald Trump - leaving the charge of inciting an insurrection "dead on arrival".

Trump's 2nd impeachment trial ‘dead on arrival’ as 45 GOP senators cast vote

I'm so glad the people who were taking pages from Putin's playbook, trying to ruin the possibility of Trump pursuing politics in the future had their ***** handed to them. Freedom and Democracy always win here... Always!

...Say NO, to left-wing totalitarian dictators. :thumbsup:

The right is always actively prepping itself to commit violence without regret or remorse, no matter what else it's doing. More folks need to grasp the reality and full significance of that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
There are some negative consequences for pursuing
an impeachment which will fail to result in conviction.
The major one is to turn Trump into a martyr because
the process looks like mere vengeance. Trump's only
punishment will be some money spent on defense.
But he'll possibly win prominence on the public stage
again. He might relish it.
Sure, sure, such behavior should be punished. But it
should be thought carefully thru. Ever play a board
game wherein you captured an enemy group, but the
cost exceeded the value of the group? It happens.
Not doing so is catering to ideologues. This isn't a dead on arrival trial. That was the first one when we knew it whittled down to a farce of an obligation. Things are different this time. Trump took a hit in approval, many hold him accountable, and there have been rifts within the Republican party over it. This one will put Republicans into a difficult decision. Not many in the House went against, but the Senate is where McConnell said "don't do it" and some did it anyways.
And encouraging this Trump party should be considered, as it could absorb the more Looney of the Right. This does include a great many Evangelicals, something that would serve everyone well if the Republicans shed them.

Heyo

Veteran Member
And encouraging this Trump party should be considered, as it could absorb the more Looney of the Right. This does include a great many Evangelicals, something that would serve everyone well if the Republicans shed them.
It would also guarantee democrats to win every election until the Trump party dissolves. It would be beneficial in the long run but which politician can think past the next election?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not impeaching Trump (or, if that's not possible, prosecuting him) would be the strategic error that will lose you the game. It sets a precedent that some people are immune from ever being held accountable. Do you want such a tool in your opponents hands?
The precedent of immunity is not only already
set...it's the norm, eg, Nixon, Clinton, Trump.
The better perspective is...
What makes the most sense to do?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So ... what purpose does not impeaching and failing to even try serve?
He's already impeached. That's the easy step,
& is reasonable because it disgraces Trump.
I'll answer a different question.
Why not have the trial in the Senate?
- Save time.
- Save $$$$.
- Avoid making Trump more of a martyr.
- Avoid inspiring more MAGA violence.
- Inspire greater cooperation from the other side.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not doing so is catering to ideologues.
Doing so is done by ideologues.
This endless doomed impeaching just isn't productive.
Nay, it even sends the message that Presidents can
get away with anything if their party has enuf Senators.
This isn't a dead on arrival trial.
Do they have anywhere near enuf Senate votes?
That was the first one when we knew it whittled down to a farce of an obligation. Things are different this time. Trump took a hit in approval, many hold him accountable, and there have been rifts within the Republican party over it. This one will put Republicans into a difficult decision. Not many in the House went against, but the Senate is where McConnell said "don't do it" and some did it anyways.
A Trump victory in the Senate just might re-boot
his political career. Could that be what Dems
want...an easy opponent in future elections?

Heyo

Veteran Member
He's already impeached. That's the easy step,
& is reasonable because it disgraces Trump.
I'll answer a different question.
Why not have the trial in the Senate?
- Save time.
- Save $$$$.
- Avoid making Trump more of a martyr.
- Avoid inspiring more MAGA violence.
- Inspire greater cooperation from the other side.
Maybe you are right. I still too often see things from a European perspective, too principled. A pragmatic approach would solve so many problems. Drug related crime. Just make it legal, or don't even bother with that, just don't persecute drug criminals. Save time and $$$. And when we're at it, most petty crime isn't worth persecuting. The military. It's only there to "punish foreign criminals". You could disband it entirely. Save time and $$$. Same with the police. De-fund. (They have less to do anyway.) I like that idea. Rethink what is necessary and pragmatic. Is a government necessary? When you have the Anarchistic States of America I come for a visit.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Maybe you are right. I still too often see things from a European perspective, too principled.
Europe is too principled....yeah, that's it.
A pragmatic approach would solve so many problems. Drug related crime. Just make it legal, or don't even bother with that, just don't persecute drug criminals. Save time and $$$. And when we're at it, most petty crime isn't worth persecuting. The military. It's only there to "punish foreign criminals". You could disband it entirely. Save time and $$$. Same with the police. De-fund. (They have less to do anyway.) I like that idea. Rethink what is necessary and pragmatic. Is a government necessary? When you have the Anarchistic States of America I come for a visit.
Those sound like pretty extreme & simplistic measures.
I prefer pragmatism over ideological obsessions.

exchemist

Veteran Member
REPUBLICAN Senators have all but killed off Democratic hopes of impeaching former President Donald Trump - leaving the charge of inciting an insurrection "dead on arrival".

Trump's 2nd impeachment trial ‘dead on arrival’ as 45 GOP senators cast vote

I'm so glad the people who were taking pages from Putin's playbook, trying to ruin the possibility of Trump pursuing politics in the future had their ***** handed to them. Freedom and Democracy always win here... Always!

...Say NO, to left-wing totalitarian dictators. :thumbsup:
Yes the Republicans have a real dilemma, don't they? On the one hand, they want to keep the votes of all those bearded white supremacists and "militia" men - from their trailer parks up and down the land - but on the other, by sticking with Trump they lose a lot of votes at the other end of the spectrum, as this article describes: Tens of thousands of voters drop Republican affiliation after Capitol riot

I think it will be some time before they work out which way to jump. In the meantime, the death threats received by those Republican senators bold enough to disavow Trump will give a lot of the rest a reason to prevaricate. ;)

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I am a good writer.
But the post is based in my background, a background that is the behaviors and whys of what people do. It's based on what happened for all to see. It's not Hollywood but something we can see happening after months of lies, and a post election that sowed the seeds of discord. He primed people for group hysterics and to feel the urgent need to act to save their country (and they truly believed their actions were for that end).
Which is why a lot of people saw this (the insurrection) coming long before it came.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Honest question. Can you point me to someone on the right, high or low, willing to publicly sustain a well-reasoned, fact-based analysis of the right's current capacity for self-awareness these days? Conclusion doesn't matter now. Can they get somewhere in a public discussion when their own side is looking on by relying only on fact and logic?
No can do.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A Trump victory in the Senate just might re-boot
his political career. Could that be what Dems
want...an easy opponent in future elections?
I'm not sure this time around. This insurrection has damaged Trump. He lost support over it, his brand image was hurt over it, business was hurt over it, it split Republicans, and America largely blames him for it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not sure this time around. This insurrection has damaged Trump. He lost support over it, his brand image was hurt over it, business was hurt over it, it split Republicans, and America largely blames him for it.
Trump has been damaged in the middle. So his
presidential chances are dashed. But he still has the
MAGAs, & there are many other venues open to him.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So are you among that tiny minority on the right these days who have very recently come to the realization that maybe Trump's vision for America ranks up there with being as evil as folks have it today in California or New York?

Not that it could matter to you, but I see California as a left wing failure that needs to be realistically appraised by the left, remedied, and have concrete measures put in place to prevent its lessons from being forgotten. Do you know of anyone on the right who today is familiar with doing any of that sort of thing in terms of taking responsibility for something? If so, could you name one or two of them for me, please?
Nobody comes to mind, but I do want to see for example the elimination of out of control privatized law enforcement and prison entities.

I'm actually with Bidens call on removing that cancerous system. Any Republican supporting things like that are no friends of mine as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just hoping for more bipartisan shakers and movers. I no longer view Republicans as a preferred party which is why I'm linking up with SAM.

I just hope people with real power and influence follow.