• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trumps second Impeachment Trial Dead on Arrival

Cooky

Veteran Member
The left...the right...each reads a "code" they want.

I just don't think it's real. I think there can be special words used that trigger certain emotions in people like "systemic" brings a very specific connotation to it immediately.

...But I don't think there's a secret language of codes that triggers people to go out and begin hurting people. If that were true, it would be like hypnotherapy, and I don’t think Trump or Roy Cohn are hypnotists.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
"Fight" can be interpreted literally or as a figure of speech... When a football team says "let's get em'", it doesn't mean they literally capture their opponents and hold them against their will.

How can we be sure, without a doubt, that Trump was telling his protesters to literally go out and begin hurting people physically?
Cookie, I urge you, if you ever run into a con man, do not speak, do not listen, do not look at him.

But of course, that's all impossible because you won't recognize him.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If only Republicans could manage to get as worked up about an attempted insurrection against the government where five people were killed, than they did about what happened in Benghazi. Remember how many times they hauled Hillary Clinton in for hearings on that one? But for this, Trump is still a-ok in their books. It's quite astonishing. But not really.
Excellent point. I had forgotten about Benghazi, but you are correct to point this out.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Cookie, I urge you, if you ever run into a con man, do not speak, do not listen, do not look at him.

But of course, that's all impossible because you won't recognize him.

How can you be sure I'm not actually a conman myself, playing the game, right now..? hahaha, of course I'm not though...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
"Fight" can be interpreted literally or as a figure of speech... When a football team says "let's get em'", it doesn't mean they literally capture their opponents and hold them against their will.

How can we be sure, without a doubt, that Trump was telling his protesters to literally go out and begin hurting people physically?
There was nothing to fight. It should have been an emphasis on accepting a fair, free, legit election that otherwise went rather smoothly. But Trump told them to fight like hell to overturn that, on a day that is basically a formal ritual that is required by the Constitution.
We know when people feel they have no other choice and are not being heard, they are more likely to resort to violence. We know the courts acted accordingly, properly, and predictably. Yet Trump continued his lie, bringing about the belief the courts just weren't open to seeing the cases and evidence. These people, believing they are acting on behalf of the president, on the behalf of god even, felt they had no other course to resolve their grievance. It's now or never, the clock is winding down, and Trump is telling them to fight like hell for it. He speaks of cowards and of the courageous. And he tells them someone needs the courage to "stop the steal." "Fight like hell" he told them, and fight they did.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Of course you aren't.
It is pretty obvious.

At least (I think) I hold a solid position that it can't be assumed that Trump actually incited a riot by code or "if not for" laws... I think since he wasn't there, and didn't actually say to do it (it was recorded), then he's pretty much off the hook.

What else could there be to get him on?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
At least (I think) I hold a solid position that it can't be assumed that Trump actually incited a riot by code or "if not for" laws... I think since he wasn't there, and didn't actually say to do it (it was recorded), then he's pretty much off the hook.

What else could there be to get him on?
No coded words required. He explicitly told them to "fight like hell" to make a last minute play to overturn the election. However, he probably didn't expect it to escalate as it did. It was a bonus, and we saw his emotional high from it.
But he must be held accountable and responsible for the results of his actions/words, as it did incite an insurrection that did attempt to intimidate (and possibly kill) elected officials and over turn a valid election. He may not have thought people would die over it, but he is still responsible.

Cooky

Veteran Member
No coded words required. He explicitly told them to "fight like hell" to make a last minute play to overturn the election. However, he probably didn't expect it to escalate as it did. It was a bonus, and we saw his emotional high from it.
But he must be held accountable and responsible for the results of his actions/words, as it did incite an insurrection that did attempt to intimidate (and possibly kill) elected officials and over turn a valid election. He may not have thought people would die over it, but he is still responsible.

Again, using traditional U.S. law, what exactly does "fight like hell" mean? exactly...

How does hell fight realistically? Is that even a realistic concept? And if hell is not realistic, then why take any other part of it realistically?

...It would be like me telling my wife that we should fight like hell to get the last toilet paper rolls, and so she literally begins punching women and children all the way down aisle 5. Am I guilty of inciting violence? Or has my wife gone off the deep end?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Again, using traditional U.S. law, what exactly does "fight like hell" mean? exactly...

How does hell fight realistically? Is that even a realistic concept? And if hell is not realistic, then why take any other part of it realistically?

...It would be like me telling my wife that we should fight like hell to get the last toilet paper rolls, and so she literally begins punching women and children all the way down aisle 5. Am I guilty of inciting violence? Or has my wife gone off the deep end?
Perhaps they should impeach Obama too.
FACT CHECK: Bringing a Gun to a Knife Fight

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Idioms usually don't make any sense when we look at what is there. And we know from context what Trump was telling them to fight against.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Idioms usually don't make any sense when we look at what is there. And we know from context what Trump was telling them to fight against.

But haven't the democrats been actively trying to get rid of Trump since the moment he took office? How can we be sure that it's not just the pressure of past failures convincing us that this is our 'last chance'..? So we find ourselves desperate to tie him to this... So desperate, in fact, that we're willing to use common, everyday Idioms as "evidence" of direct orders to commit a crime.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But haven't the democrats been actively trying to get rid of Trump since the moment he took office? How can we be sure that it's not just the pressure of past failures convincing us that this is the 'last chance'..? So we find ourselves desperate to tie him to this... So desperate that we're willing to use common, everyday Idioms as "evidence" of direct orders to commit a crime.
The only desperation is the desperate grasping at straws by some on the Right to excuse Trunp from responsibility. There was nothing to fight, but he told them to fight it.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The only desperation is the desperate grasping at straws by some on the Right to excuse Trunp from responsibility. There was nothing to fight, but he told them to fight it.

When he said fight he figuratively meant protest. What fools took it upon themselves to go beyond that is on them.

This should not be reduced to some last chance, ditch effort to accomplish a failed goal configured some 4 years ago on inauguration day 2016. But that's all it is for some.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When he said fight he figuratively meant protest. What fools took it upon themselves to go beyond that is on them.
That was addressed in post 86.
This should not be reduced to some last chance, ditch effort to accomplish a failed goal configured some 4 years ago on inauguration day 2016. But that's all it is for some.
It's not. It has been that "thing" that managed to get Trump to shed support.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Post 86 seems like a Hollywood drama skit. I can just see the steam from their breath as they hyperventilate... Their fists clenched and raised high in the air as they charge the Capitol, screaming and shouting.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Post 86 seems like a Hollywood drama skit. I can just see the steam from their breath as they hyperventilate... Their fists clenched and raised high in the air as they charge the Capitol, screaming and shouting.

I am a good writer.
But the post is based in my background, a background that is the behaviors and whys of what people do. It's based on what happened for all to see. It's not Hollywood but something we can see happening after months of lies, and a post election that sowed the seeds of discord. He primed people for group hysterics and to feel the urgent need to act to save their country (and they truly believed their actions were for that end).

Heyo

Veteran Member
There are some negative consequences for pursuing
an impeachment which will fail to result in conviction.
The major one is to turn Trump into a martyr because
the process looks like mere vengeance. Trump's only
punishment will be some money spent on defense.
But he'll possibly win prominence on the public stage
again. He might relish it.
Sure, sure, such behavior should be punished. But it
should be thought carefully thru. Ever play a board
game wherein you captured an enemy group, but the
cost exceeded the value of the group? It happens.
Not impeaching Trump (or, if that's not possible, prosecuting him) would be the strategic error that will lose you the game. It sets a precedent that some people are immune from ever being held accountable. Do you want such a tool in your opponents hands?