• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's cold war

Should Trump bomb North Korea in your opinion?

• Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The cold war begins again.

Please leave all the reasons why Trump going to war with North Korea would help him get reelected.

Thanks!
North-Korea_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I voted no because there is no compelling reason to get into a shooting war with this insignificant tin pot dictator. North Korea has virtually no ability to carry on a sustained war and they HAVE to realize that reprisals would be swift and devastating. That HAS to give them pause - regardless of their bluster.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Don't let Trump know war in Korea could help him get reelected... that is the last thing he needs to be fondling with his huge ego

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's amazing how many people don't learn from recent history which included Afghanistan, Iraq and other adventures that were supposed to be surgical and quick.

If I were Kim and was attacked, I'd fire every conventional artillery piece I had, and I have many, at Seoul immediately as well as unleashing my stockpile of chemical and biological weapons. And I'd set off my pre-positioned at the border nukes as well.

And that's for starters.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Don't let Trump know war in Korea could help him get reelected... that is the last thing he needs to be fondling with his huge ego
Trust me, he won't need this to get reelected. The dithering Dems are practically going to hand him reelection.

It's amazing how many people don't learn from recent history which included Afghanistan, Iraq and other adventures that were supposed to be surgical and quick.

If I were Kim and was attacked, I'd fire every conventional artillery piece I had, and I have many, at Seoul immediately as well as unleashing my stockpile of chemical and biological weapons. And I'd set off my pre-positioned at the border nukes as well.

And that's for starters.
Which would guarantee the obliteration of North Korea by China and the US, likely sanctioned by the UN.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Trust me, he won't need this to get reelected. The dithering Dems are practically going to hand him reelection.
Just keep thinking that as the blue tsunami builds.

Which would guarantee the obliteration of North Korea by China and the US, likely sanctioned by the UN.
If you think China would react to our starting a war with North Korea by joining in on our side, I have a bridge to sell you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I voted no because there is no compelling reason to get into a shooting war with this insignificant tin pot dictator. North Korea has virtually no ability to carry on a sustained war and they HAVE to realize that reprisals would be swift and devastating. That HAS to give them pause - regardless of their bluster.
I voted the same.
(Just to copy you.)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I voted "no" because time can sometimes change things. Who would have thought decades ago countries like Vietnam and China and Italy and Germany, etc. would be trading partners with us?

I cannot understand why anyone would vote "yes" because of all the life that would be lost-- mostly innocent ones.

Jedster

^^
This
Exactly my thoughts

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The cold war begins again.

Please leave all the reasons why Trump going to war with North Korea would help him get reelected.

Thanks!
North-Korea_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Interesting thought I had last night, both these fellows have this "hair" thing going on.

432C38AA00000578-4782690-image-a-79_1502472244955.jpg

I wonder if that is significant. o_O

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-3_12-26-32.jpeg
    upload_2018-1-3_12-26-32.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 0

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I voted "no" because time can sometimes change things. Who would have thought decades ago countries like Vietnam and China and Italy and Germany, etc. would be trading partners with us?

I cannot understand why anyone would vote "yes" because of all the life that would be lost-- mostly innocent ones.
Do you believe Israel was right in killing Iranian nuclear scientists?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I can dream too. *sniffle* (Frankly, with Trump I wouldn't be surprised by ANY developments.)
Mostly I agree but with one stipulation: if he, say, became a communist, for example, I would be not only surprised but astonished and flabbergasted.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Mostly I agree but with one stipulation: if he, say, became a communist, for example, I would be not only surprised but astonished and flabbergasted.
Even less likely, what if his speech became civil, thoughtful, & measured?

Just kidding!
It'll never happen.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I would not use the word "right" in that context but I do believe one has a "right" of self defense.
Israel wasn't defending themselves when they killed the Iranian scientists. Iran was making threats like North Korea's making. Israel was simply trying to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Israel wasn't defending themselves when they killed the Iranian scientists. Iran was making threats like North Korea's making. Israel was simply trying to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons
Since the Iranian leadership frequently said they would be willing to destroy Israel, the Israeli actions can be viewed as self-defense.