• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump

Laika

Premium Member
I live in the UK, but I'd say that watching Donald Trumps Poll numbers in the US is deeply disturbing. The Republican Presidential Primaries are between Feburary and July next year, so still quite a long way off still.
I read in the Guardian today that Salman Rushdie thinks Trump might be a "manchurian candidate" for Hilary to frighten everyone to vote Democrat. I think that's extremely nieve and complacent. it dismisses both the threat Trump poses and the constitency he represents. clearly he has support and will continue to have support for the months to come. his lead in the polls cannot be a "blip" either after the things he's come out with. That constitency won't dissappear even if Trump loses and will remain a continued threat to the American constitution and bill of rights. I am of the opinion that Trump could win in 2016 given the right circumstances and the polarisation of US politics in recent years. a major terrorist attack on US soil and the backlash to it could give him that extra bit of support by cliaming the current police state is inadequate, etc. There's less than a year before the election in 2016 and alot of things could happen which could push it either way.

So I want to ask my american counter-parts what options there are to make it that little bit harder for Trump to get the nomination. I feel uncomfortable telling myself to "wait and see", even on the otherside of the Atlantic. You're welcome to say I'm over reacting, but I'd feel better at least floating the idea for other people's consideration. If it was me, it doesn't seem like telling myself he'd lose is really enough. I'd want to make sure as best you can by being active in some form.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I honestly don't think Trump is likely to get the Republican nomination because over half say they would not vote for him in the primaries. However, even if he did get the nomination, I think that he would have a difficult time getting elected as I personally know some steadfast Republicans that have said they would not vote for him.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I live in the UK, but I'd say that watching Donald Trumps Poll numbers in the US is deeply disturbing. The Republican Presidential Primaries are between Feburary and July next year, so still quite a long way off still.
I read in the Guardian today that Salman Rushdie thinks Trump might be a "manchurian candidate" for Hilary to frighten everyone to vote Democrat. I think that's extremely nieve and complacent. it dismisses both the threat Trump poses and the constitency he represents. clearly he has support and will continue to have support for the months to come. his lead in the polls cannot be a "blip" either after the things he's come out with. That constitency won't dissappear even if Trump loses and will remain a continued threat to the American constitution and bill of rights. I am of the opinion that Trump could win in 2016 given the right circumstances and the polarisation of US politics in recent years. a major terrorist attack on US soil and the backlash to it could give him that extra bit of support by cliaming the current police state is inadequate, etc. There's less than a year before the election in 2016 and alot of things could happen which could push it either way.

So I want to ask my american counter-parts what options there are to make it that little bit harder for Trump to get the nomination. I feel uncomfortable telling myself to "wait and see", even on the otherside of the Atlantic. You're welcome to say I'm over reacting, but I'd feel better at least floating the idea for other people's consideration. If it was me, it doesn't seem like telling myself he'd lose is really enough. I'd want to make sure as best you can by being active in some form.

Well Laika, I am sorry you feel this way. I am an American and I am, at least so far, a supporter of Donald Trump. I am sick of the past seven years of the Borak Obama administrations extreme ideology and political correctness and mamby pambying around all the important issues and problems. Donald Trump is speaking and saying what at least 56% + of Americans are actually thinking. America must become energy independent, our immigration system is deeply inept, hence the call for a temporary halt on some immigration, due to the threat that Islamic extremism from other countries poses until we can improve the vetting system. They hate us and are at war with us, hence ISIS.

I am sick of hearing the lie that "climate change" is the worlds greatest threat. It is a hoax and I will not debate it. Borak Obama is a disgrace and his presidency has been a total disaster. It is his failed administration which has made the way for the rise of Donald Trump. All Hillary Clinton offers is just a continuation of the same old corrupt political system, more than likely, on steroids.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Well Laika, I am sorry you feel this way. I am an American and I am, at least so far, a supporter of Donald Trump. I am sick of the past seven years of the Borak Obama administrations extreme ideology and political correctness and mamby pambying around all the important issues and problems. Donald Trump is speaking and saying what at least 56% + of Americans are actually thinking.
How charming. :rolleyes:

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
Trump is the most well-known person on the planet right now.

While I disagree with much of what he says,
he has by far the best perception of what the average American
is thinking, and what they want. I reckon he will win
because he is probably the only major candidate that
is not a total puppet. He has that authentic nature to him,
his gaffs are the type of gaffs ordinary people make.

In a weird kind of way he is probably the Winston Churchill of America.

If he were to promote legit marijuana, he would swing enough votes
to win by a landslide.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Well Laika, I am sorry you feel this way. I am an American and I am, at least so far, a supporter of Donald Trump. I am sick of the past seven years of the Borak Obama administrations extreme ideology and political correctness and mamby pambying around all the important issues and problems. Donald Trump is speaking and saying what at least 56% + of Americans are actually thinking. America must become energy independent, our immigration system is deeply inept, hence the call for a temporary halt on some immigration, due to the threat that Islamic extremism from other countries poses until we can improve the vetting system. They hate us and are at war with us, hence ISIS.

I am sick of hearing the lie that "climate change" is the worlds greatest threat. It is a hoax and I will not debate it. Borak Obama is a disgrace and his presidency has been a total disaster. It is his failed administration which has made the way for the rise of Donald Trump. All Hillary Clinton offers is just a continuation of the same old corrupt political system, more than likely, on steroids.

I have lost quite a bit of respect for you Adra... But at least you know where you stand.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
In a weird kind of way he is probably the Winston Churchill of America.
An utterly wretched person we will rightfully throw under the bus when we're able, after we realize he was only good for one thing? In Churchill's case, it was his sheer bull-headed refusal to contemplate defeat.

What's Trump's quality?

Entertainment? A new breed of horrific "hair" surgeries? Free manure from all the bull**** constantly leaking from his every orifice? Or is this the nation-state equivalent of self-harm, and we're punishing ourselves for some horrible, unspeakable deed involving the sacrifice of babies to some dark, nameless and soul-consuming god that existed before "Let there be light"(otherwise known as Trump's hairpiece)?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Thing is, if Trump remains in the Republican camp or bolts and goes independent the result will be the same; the Democrats will remain Democrats and the Republicans will be horribly split one way or the other, leaving no opponent with enough votes to beat the Democratic ticket. His goofy presence will also badly taint Republican Congressional candidates. The Democrats couldn't be more happy with Trump than if he actually was a Manchurian candidate.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Thing is, if Trump remains in the Republican camp or bolts and goes independent the result will be the same; the Democrats will remain Democrats and the Republicans will be horribly split one way or the other, leaving no opponent with enough votes to beat the Democratic ticket. His goofy presence will also badly taint Republican Congressional candidates. The Democrats couldn't be more happy with Trump than if he actually was a Manchurian candidate.
I dunno. I think everyone would be happier with that, simply because it would mean there was no way for Trump to actually be real. The alternative is that not only does this man exist, he's somehow remained stupidly wealthy despite owing more in PERSONAL DEBT than some countries have entire budgets.

Akivah

I live in the UK, but I'd say that watching Donald Trumps Poll numbers in the US is deeply disturbing.

Well Laika, I'm a consistent Republican voter, but you are following our polls much closer than I am. I haven't made a decision whom I will be voting for, but after two terms of Hussein Obama, I am eager for a change.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Well Laika, I'm a consistent Republican voter, but you are following our polls much closer than I am. I haven't made a decision whom I will be voting for, but after two terms of Hussein Obama, I am eager for a change.
Ideally you want the new diaper to be clean. This is America, of course, so we can't have that, but how does Trump even fit the definition of "least ****ty", let alone clean?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Well excuse the hell out of me, this is why I don't like debating or talking politics amongst friends. I should have never made that post. I still have all the utmost respect for you Hammer and everyone else. But I am that I am.

I still respect you, think of it more as a disappointment. Everyone has their own political views. I don't have to agree with them, and you need not agree with mine. 'tis life.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I am saddened that some of you have less respect for me because of my present support for Trump. But I will not apologize, I will not fall for all the bull ****e vomited forth from the US government over the past umpteen years. We need real Change. Trump represents this. Hillary Clinton represents the status quo, more lies more corruption. No way, no more!

dust1n

Zindīq

No reason to worry. The Donald is already on the way to splitting the entire party in half. Even if he won the nomination, he would lose. And even if he won, I'd leave the country and sell all my possessions to foreigners, and I would never pay another tax dollar again.

David1967

Premium Member
Well excuse the hell out of me, this is why I don't like debating or talking politics amongst friends. I should have never made that post. I still have all the utmost respect for you Hammer and everyone else. But I am that I am.
That was big of you to say. Who a person decides to vote for has nothing to do with whether I will be their friend. I have friends far to the left and right of me. I consider them friends just the same and have had highly entertaining and sometimes informative conversations with them all. One thing I have noticed that the extreme left and extreme right have in common is that they both shout down and ridicule another who is of a differing opinion. And you are right. Politics is a sensitive subject among friends.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I am saddened that some of you have less respect for me because of my present support for Trump. But I will not apologize, I will not fall for all the bull ****e vomited forth from the US government over the past umpteen years. We need real Change. Trump represents this. Hillary Clinton represents the status quo, more lies more corruption. No way, no more!

Bernie Sanders represents more change then the both of them combined, and not racist hate fueled change. *shrug*