• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

trump wants to use tanks against American citizens

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
How ironic that we're coming up on the anniversary of Tienanmen Square.

Donald Trump: "When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak … as being spit on by the rest of the world—"

The 1990 Playboy Interview With Donald Trump

(Tee hee! I get to put a link to Playboy outside Eros! Tee hee!)

Riders

Donald Trump: "When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak … as being spit on by the rest of the world—"

Sorry, while the Playboy Bunnies would normally be a temptation for me to mess up my 12 Step program, now it's not a temptation. Putting Donald Trump on the scene with the Playboy Bunnies grosses me out too bad...……………….

Thief

Rogue Theologian
hmmm.. This seems a bit like a strawman AND a false dilemma, no?

How about we make some distinctions:

- peaceful assembly and protest vs. violent rioting
- community-centered, non-escalating policing vs. showing up to a peaceful protest loaded for bear
the Crowd doesn't seem to know the difference

apparently they need some lessons

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I read a Playboy article once, it was about Glen Beck and not too accurate regarding him, but rather alarming in how the general sense of what Beck symbolized has grown to dangerous levels. Fake news and alternative facts are the foretold products of that articles hypothesis.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member

Attachments

• 20200604_234805.jpg
    20200604_234805.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 0

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

Wow.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If Antifa was any indicator of that. There's a lot of destruction going out there last I checked.

So you think some fringe group of dumbass punks tipping over trash cans, smashing windows, tossing traffic cones, etc. will somehow seize power within the government and legislate away our rights and freedoms? Yes, they're destructive, and should be punished for the crimes they commit, but they've no real power or influence.

On the other hand you have Trump who salivates at the thought of using brutal force against the press and peaceful protestors for practicing their 1st amendment rights. Tell me. I must know. Where does this blind, uncritical, unwavering commitment and loyalty come from? What compels his followers to obediently kneel before him no matter how poorly be performs his duties or how badly he misbehaves? You claim to love this country yet support someone who ****s on everything it stands for. Being conservative and being patriotic doesn't require you to lick his boots. It's okay to acknowledge his mistakes and misdeeds. Doing so won't magically make you communist. Think critically and objectively. I'm not saying this to be an *******. We need people to crawl out of their tribal trenches now more than ever.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'd make an exception if Arnold Schwarzenegger was in it....

Ve can gooo outtt un crussh things!!
I considered buying a tank once.
But it wasn't nearly as manly as Ahnold's.
It was smaller, rubber tired Belgian thingie.
Still a tank though.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I had a tank.

I kept a variety of tropical fish in it. But the up keep was too much so I got rid of it.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
They don't need tanks....
They are figuring out to stop the vote that is coming !

averageJOE

zombie
I saw an interesting point yesterday:

For years and years, the gun "enthusiasts" have been saying that the reason they need to be allowed unlimited firearms, semi-auto rifles, large-capacity magazines, etc., is so that they're prepared for the day that a tyrannical government uses the military to infringe on the rights of the American people and the individual states.

Now that this day is here... crickets.
Now more than ever, in the end, I really feel these "enthusiasts" would side with the tyrannical government.