• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

trump wants to use tanks against American citizens

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Riots eventually subside on their own. They won't continue indefinitely.

Even in historical cases of full-blown uprisings or revolutions - even those end eventually and might result in a new government being formed, as what happened in Russia in 1917 or China in 1949.
or the farmer that ended up with a pitch fork in his chest

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
and if you were a store owner burned out business......

I wouldn't own a store in the city. If I had thoughts of owning a store, I would pick a nice, sleepy little town, just like Sam Drucker.

8fLOk-1556913033-1405-quiz_question_image_-1_shopkeeper_sam_drucker_copy.jpg

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I saw an interesting point yesterday:

For years and years, the gun "enthusiasts" have been saying that the reason they need to be allowed unlimited firearms, semi-auto rifles, large-capacity magazines, etc., is so that they're prepared for the day that a tyrannical government uses the military to infringe on the rights of the American people and the individual states.

Now that this day is here... crickets.
Of course. In their minds the tyranny was going to come from the left.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I'm not hardline anything

but obviously.....

LET THE RIOTS CONTINUE.....!!!!!!
ANARCHY FOR ALL....!!!!!!

hmmm.. This seems a bit like a strawman AND a false dilemma, no?

How about we make some distinctions:

- peaceful assembly and protest vs. violent rioting
- community-centered, non-escalating policing vs. showing up to a peaceful protest loaded for bear

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

For years and years, the gun "enthusiasts" have been saying that the reason they need to be allowed unlimited firearms, semi-auto rifles, large-capacity magazines, etc., is so that they're prepared for the day that a tyrannical government uses the military to infringe on the rights of the American people and the individual states.

I have observed the same thing in other threads. also, who remembers this endless conversation?

1.Them; "We need are gunz to stop gummint tyranny!"
2.Me: "you really think you're going to stand up the US military with hunting rifles and no logistic support?"
3. Them; "The US military would never turn the weapons on American civilians! They'll automatically side with the Patriots!"
4. Me; "You don't really need your guns then, do you?"
5. Them; "We need are gunz to stop gummint tyranny!"

Repeat until you pray for an aneurism.

But you note step 3, which is one of the central gun fetishist hand waves? Well, here's hoping they're right (of course, I know gun fetishists don't see the current protesters as on the same side as "the Patriots", but it's still fun to poke holes in their claimed "logic")

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
if Trump wants to park a tank in my front yard......

I might let him do that
If they're parking tanks in people's yards, you won't get a say in where they go.

and if you were a store owner burned out business......
These owners of a burned-out business support the protests:

Islam told As It Happens host Carol Off that as their restaurant lay in ruins, she overheard her father, Ruhel Islam, tell someone on the phone: "Let my building burn, let justice be served. Those police need to be arrested."

In a Washington Post opinion piece published Sunday, Hafsa Islam said it had become clear that the "issues at hand are greater than Gandhi Mahal" and while the restaurant can be rebuilt, "we will never reclaim the life George Floyd didn't get to live."

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...is-restaurant-stand-with-protesters-1.5593104

Kangaroo Feathers

101100487_3302028166494052_2267394212871798784_n.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

You're going to oppose the might of the US Army with popguns? Even AK-47's are popguns compared to what the Army has.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The article does touch on a severe problem with Trump, and that is everyone says hes joking. He wasn't serious. He was just talking out loud. It was lockerroom talk. Will the excuses ever end?
However, one official told the Daily Beast that Mr Trump’s mentioning of tanks may not have been all that serious, saying: “I think that is just one of the military words he knows.”

Kangaroo Feathers

You're going to oppose the might of the US Army with popguns? Even AK-47's are popguns compared to what the Army has.
Obviously. But "we need are gunz to fite guvmint tyranny" is a central talking point of gun fetishists, and has been for years. It's always been utter nonsense, of course, but it's extremely satisfying watching them utterly fail to put their money where their mouth is.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You're not considering how rebellion would play out differently
from that vision. But that's not the issue, which is that this is
not a time for more violence....even if some here would egg
it on with provoking language.