• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump to FBI Director Comey: You're Fired!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
More than a bit overdue. Comey has certainly put his foot in it on more than a couple of occasions.

And, no, I don't believe that alleged Russian "ties" had anything to do with it. That's turned out to be a pretty big nothing-burger.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
More than a bit overdue. Comey has certainly put his foot in it on more than a couple of occasions.

And, no, I don't believe that alleged Russian "ties" had anything to do with it. That's turned out to be a pretty big nothing-burger.
Eh. There is a remarkable amount of backpedaling, premature denial, and attempts at distraction by the Trump administration for me to believe there's nothing to it.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member

If this was the case, he would have fired him sooner. It is not a coincidence that he fired him after his recent testimony.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member

His two big unprofessional dealings regarding the Clinton emails occurred in July and October of 2016. This mishandling is the cited reason for his dismissal. Why would he be dismissed now, 4 months after Trump took office, if these were the issues?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
His two big unprofessional dealings regarding the Clinton emails occurred in July and October of 2016. This mishandling is the cited reason for his dismissal. Why would he be dismissed now, 4 months after Trump took office, if these were the issues?
Bigger fish to fry?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
My sheepish nature prods me to deny that there is any foul play or underhanded reasoning.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
For those keeping score at home...

Sally Yates investigates Trump's cabinet: Fired by the Trump administration

Preet Bharara investigates Trump's cabinet: Fired by the Trump administration

Director Comey Investigates Trump's cabinet: Fired by the Trump administration

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
There's never been anything quite like Trump Envy.
Eewwhh! That gives me the creeps!

Frankly, I find the man ignorant, boorish, unrefined, impetuous in the way only teens should be, self-centered and egotistical -- and frankly a clear and present danger to the world. My respect for Americans dropped immeasurably when they elected him.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I duuno, Falvlun, does it really matter all that much?
It depends.

If Comey was dismissed in order to derail the FBI's investigation into possible collusion with the Russians, then it matters very, very much.

If Comey was in fact dismissed because he handled Clinton's emails unprofessionally, and it took them this long to do it because this administration is disorganized, or incompetent, or lazy, then that matters somewhat too.

But if it is just about the email investigation and it normally take this long for these things, then no, it probably doesn't matter much.

I find it a reliable indicator of people, who loves and who loathes Trump.
Those who love him I have time for, while those who loathe him loathe everyone who isn't identical to them.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I find it a reliable indicator of people, who loves and who loathes Trump.
Those who love him I have time for, while those who loathe him loathe everyone who isn't identical to them.
Really, it's hard to know what to say to such astonishingly self-congratulatory piffle. You, personally, have time for people who like what you like, and at the very same moment say everybody who doesn't like what you like hates everybody who isn't identical to themselves?

You might want to think a little more deeply about what you said. The rules of the forum don't permit me to say frankly what I think about it -- but trust me, you would not like it.

I don't doubt it. Typical of every Trump Hater I've ever come across.

And BTW: your signature speaks volumes of your internal confusion.
A belief is something you have, to stand in for what you don't know.
If you knew it, you would have no use for a belief.