• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump RE: Kim Jong Un: 'We fell in love' over 'beautiful letters'

sealchan

President Donald Trump on Kim Jong Un: 'We fell in love' over 'beautiful letters'
Trump, speaking at a rally in West Virginia on Saturday night, said both leaders took tough positions at their June summit.

"I was really tough and so was he, and we went back and forth," Trump told an adoring crowd of thousands at Wesbanco Arena in Wheeling. "And then we fell in love, OK? No, really, he wrote me beautiful letters, and they’re great letters. We fell in love.”​

Do you see the "No, really" part? That's when even his Sheeples sat in stunned silence.

The reincarnation of Narcissus...when Trump looks at the mirror he says Kim Jong Un a profile of strong, masculine leadership.

Kind of like Gaston in Beauty and the Beast...no exactly like Gaston. Its a basic motif of masculine development from the self-centered destructive little boy to the man who can (or in this case, who cannot) emotionally relate to others and curtail their own strength if needed toward that end.

Shad

Veteran Member
President Donald Trump on Kim Jong Un: 'We fell in love' over 'beautiful letters'
Trump, speaking at a rally in West Virginia on Saturday night, said both leaders took tough positions at their June summit.

"I was really tough and so was he, and we went back and forth," Trump told an adoring crowd of thousands at Wesbanco Arena in Wheeling. "And then we fell in love, OK? No, really, he wrote me beautiful letters, and they’re great letters. We fell in love.”​

Do you see the "No, really" part? That's when even his Sheeples sat in stunned silence.

This pandering was useful during the summit. Now that action is failing on NK part Trump needs to change his approach.

ecco

Veteran Member
Sure it's easy.
I'm taking the purely selfish perspective.
We have it good here, & I'd like to keep it that way.

We've tried sanctions against NK.
If trying peaceful negotiation is wrong, then what should we do?
1) Invade & impose a new government & culture?
2) Continue sanctions....which haven't yet worked?

People in NK are clearly suffering.
But I argue that options #1 & #2 would only increase the
overall suffering, particularly to US soldiers & taxpayers.

We've tried belligerence for decades with Iran.
How has that worked?
I think friendliness would be better....& less attacking them.

I'd rather accept that other countries will do things we find heinous.
And that should seek their peaceful coexistence most of all.
It's better than war.
And of course, we may always advocate for their improving things within.

The whole NK thing just highlights Trump's hypocrisy. Cuba has done far less to us than NK has, yet Trump goes hardline on Cuba while propping up Kim and playing nice with Putin.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The whole NK thing just highlights Trump's hypocrisy. Cuba has done far less to us than NK has, yet Trump goes hardline on Cuba while propping up Kim and playing nice with Putin.
Cuba....there's another policy where Trump & I differ.
I'm just advocating that we reach peaceful resolution
with N Korea...even if by Trump's goofy strategy.

ecco

Veteran Member
Cuba....there's another policy where Trump & I differ.
I'm just advocating that we reach peaceful resolution
with N Korea...even if by Trump's goofy strategy.

What you call "Trump's goofy strategy" I, and most political analysts, call Trump being played for all the world to see.

Milton Platt

I guess they will be groping each other soon.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Revoltingest: 32,000+ posts
Henny Youngman: one liners
Jerry Seinfeld: well thought out comedy routines

Do the math.
Where on Earth did you get "32,000+" posts?
I'm nearing 130,000, ya half blind, number challenged, doily colorist!

ecco

Veteran Member
Where on Earth did you get "32,000+" posts?
I'm nearing 130,000, ya half blind, number challenged, doily colorist!
Oh, do pardon me. That was your "rating" (whatever that's supposed to mean).
Well, I did the math. Forty one trite one liner posts per day average.

I'm glad I have a life outside of RF.