• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Trump nominates William Barr to be his next attorney general"

Shad

Veteran Member
Senator Obama had virtually no experience in government either. Many would say he worked out quite well.

He was a Senator for 3 terms in Illinois and once for the US resulting in 11 years in government.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
He was a Senator for 3 terms in Illinois and once for the US resulting in 11 years in government.
I did not know that. Thanks, Shad! Did he vote "present" most of the time he was a state senator too?

Shad

Veteran Member
I did not know that. Thanks, Shad! Did he vote "present" most of the time he was a state senator too?

He was pretty active as far as Senators (low bar) go working on a number of Bills as a sponsor or co-sponsor.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
He was pretty active as far as Senators (low bar) go working on a number of Bills as a sponsor or co-sponsor.
Wow. Wonder what happened when he got to the federal senate? Wait, we know what happened.

Shad

Veteran Member
Wow. Wonder what happened when he got to the federal senate? Wait, we know what happened.

Voted down party lines as per normal Congress these days. Ironically Congress was designed to avoid party bloc voting but here it is.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I am personally hoping we will see a more moderate Republican party over the next two years.
I've been hoping for that over 20 years.
Possibly Trump will help. We'll see. I am not holding my breath any more. I just hold my nose and vote straight ticket Democrat these days.
Not that I like them much.
Tom

tytlyf

Not Religious
Constitutional scholar ? Where ? How many scholarly papers and books has he written on Constitutional law ? A community organizer ? Dime a dozen. I am still trying to figure out where all of the 54 states are that he said we have.
You clearly don't vet candidates before electing them. Use google.

UC Law School statement: The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

Obama a Constitutional Law Professor? - FactCheck.org

tytlyf

Not Religious
I did.
It said he wasn't titled as "Professor", nor was he even tenured.
And there was no mention of "constitutional scholar".
Did you read it?
Here you go. Read the link next time.

UC Law School statement: The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Here you go. Read the link next time.
"Served as" is still different from "being".
The school makes the distinction, so it's put'n on
airs to claim he's more than he actually was.
And still no mention of "constitutional scholar".
What were his scholarly works?