• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump; like him or not, somethings are just funny

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well it is good to know the rights of minority’s are not being trampled on in the U.S. today.
Unfortunately, that tends to be done in the name of "state's rights." There is also a pretty solid history of states using "state's rights" to trample the rights of others, such as immigrants, black people, queers, women, run away slaves, those in need of health care, and so on.
It sounds all really good on paper, but it's been effectively proven we are the ultimate vanguard of our own rights and liberties.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Objective is to separate people of America preferably 50/50, so, nobody agree on anything ,so, they could do anything they want, or puppet master wants, they serve bankers, military industrial complex, and this is not the top yet.
Except America isn't divided anywhere close to 50/50, most Americans are moderates are beyond fed up with partisan bickering, and "across the isles" we have way more in common with each other than what the bungholes at Capital Hill would imply.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I personally think in this communication age, the need for elected representatives is long passed
I'm totally against dictatorship. It's against the very root of our ideals. We see what it leads to in China, Russia, Iran and in many other places - evil.

pearl

Whether you want to accept it or not, America was established as a Republic to prevent a "democratic based" majority from trampling the minority.

Even a minority of one, so states the Constitution. But now it is the trampling of the very document that is supposed to ensure that democracy.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So basically you're saying to the rest of the world 'we're brilliant we elected a incompetent idiot' well done

Why should the "rest of the world" be so concerned anyway? America is our country, not theirs.

Audie

Veteran Member
I have to agree. The 2016 election and all the vile crap and investigations that came out of it didn't make America look very competent to others.

The USA is way way way too powerful and influential
to be a joke. Scary, contemptible, weird,dangerous,
childish, who knows, but not funny. Not a joke.

Like a rich, six-foot four and aggressive teenager
is not funny.

Audie

Veteran Member
Why should the "rest of the world" be so concerned anyway? America is our country, not theirs.

Think about it-the richest most powerful country
in the history of the world, No ship sails without
the US knowing it, and giving tacit approval.
Troops are stationed everywhere. One could
go on to list things.

I say this not as a citizen or a big fan of the USA
or its policies, domestic or foreign.

Just take one country for an example-Taiwan.

There would be no Taiwan if not for the USA,
and they are very aware of that. They follow
US politics with a lot of interest / concern, as
well they might.

When the USA gets sneezes, the world gets a
cold.

So yeah, it matters a lot who is in office and what
they do.

Audie

Veteran Member
Whether you want to accept it or not, America was established as a Republic to prevent a "democratic based" majority from trampling the minority. The Founders saw democracy as basically mob rule, and they were right. Having our elections staggered the way they are is another "anti-democracy" feature that prevents spur-of-the-moment movements from taking total control. Just because people have a vote doesn't mean they live in a democracy.

Hear hear.

It seems quite fashionable to display
facile cynicism about the US constitution,

Fact is though that the concepts and ideals
were and still are an inspiration to the world.

I sure dont think that any of your cynics and critics
here could do remotely as well then or now.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
insular America speaks

Not quite as insular as you might think. I do find it funny, though, whenever people from England presume to speak for the "rest of the world," as if they're any more qualified in that area than Americans are.

Darkforbid

Not quite as insular as you might think. I do find it funny, though, whenever people from England presume to speak for the "rest of the world," as if they're any more qualified in that area than Americans are.

Maybe it's because we used to own a third of it, or having a real history not just a few hundred years of genocidal country building

Audie

Veteran Member
Maybe it's because we used to own a third of it, or having a real history not just a few hundred years of genocidal country building

Yes, yes, kind wonderful people, friendly as can be,
cooperatively working out mutually beneficial trade
agreements with others around the world, in a spirit
of respect and understanding among nations.
opium, wars - Google Search: