• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump; like him or not, somethings are just funny

ecco

Veteran Member
Maybe it's because we used to own a third of it, or having a real history not just a few hundred years of genocidal country building

What he means to say is "we (England) used to own a third of it". They lost 90% of it. If we hadn't interfered, they would have lost 100% of it. That doesn't give him much of a platform.

We have our Trump. England has their Brexit. The same sub-mentality that voted for Trump voted for Brexit, The difference is that in two and a half years we will be rid of Trump, England will still be stuck with Brexit.

Darkforbid

What he means to say is "we (England) used to own a third of it". They lost 90% of it. If we hadn't interfered, they would have lost 100% of it. That doesn't give him much of a platform.

We have our Trump. England has their Brexit. The same sub-mentality that voted for Trump voted for Brexit, The difference is that in two and a half years we will be rid of Trump, England will still be stuck with Brexit.

Wow, see a little bit of baiting and it's 'The same sub-mentality that voted for Trump voted for Brexit' what's next let's get rid sub-humans

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I wouldn't say botched. Just over extended

Maybe a bit too greedy or not willing to share. Heck, if they had just acceded on the occasions when Germany wanted to annex parts of the French Empire (such as with the German designs on Morocco in 1905), they might have avoided world war, in which case they might have been able to keep their empire.

Shad

Veteran Member
Wow, see a little bit of baiting and it's 'The same sub-mentality that voted for Trump voted for Brexit' what's next let's get rid sub-humans

Dehumanization is a classic method to silence anyone that disagrees with you. It is a common tactic.

Shad

Veteran Member
Maybe a bit too greedy or not willing to share. Heck, if they had just acceded on the occasions when Germany wanted to annex parts of the French Empire (such as with the German designs on Morocco in 1905), they might have avoided world war, in which case they might have been able to keep their empire.

You mean the provinces, forgot the names, west of the Rhine, Africa colonies or both?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You mean the provinces, forgot the names, west of the Rhine, Africa colonies or both?

The only one I remember for certain pre-WW1 was Morocco in 1905, at which time the British interceded on behalf of the French to prevent the Germans from taking it. Between 1871 and 1918, the Germans still had control of the Alsace-Lorraine provinces, although I think the Germans may have had designs on some of the other French colonies, either in Africa or the Pacific.

If it was just between the Germans and French, then the Germans would have outmatched the French. But the British didn't want the Germans getting any more powerful than they were getting.

Shad

Veteran Member
The only one I remember for certain pre-WW1 was Morocco in 1905, at which time the British interceded on behalf of the French to prevent the Germans from taking it. Between 1871 and 1918, the Germans still had control of the Alsace-Lorraine provinces, although I think the Germans may have had designs on some of the other French colonies, either in Africa or the Pacific.

The provinces were a sore point for both sides dating back to the war with Prussia.

German was late to the show so to speak. It was probably motivated by trade protection as much as France and the UK were.

If it was just between the Germans and French, then the Germans would have outmatched the French. But the British didn't want the Germans getting any more powerful than they were getting.

Sure. Germany was powerful without the colonial empire of France and the UK. Germany let loose could have easily caused the collapse of colonial empires thus a good portion of the European power balance.

ecco

Veteran Member

Aw, did you get upset because I brought your knowledge of England's dominance up to date?

Good luck having Boris as your PM. Since he was such a big supporter of Brexit, let's see what a great deal he can cook up.

ecco

Veteran Member
Dehumanization is a classic method to silence anyone that disagrees with you. It is a common tactic.

Who is dehumanizing? The person who used the phrase "sub-mentality" or the person who twisted it to "sub-humans" and extended it by alluding to extermination.

Darkforbid

Aw, did you get upset because I brought your knowledge of England's dominance up to date?

Good luck having Boris as your PM. Since he was such a big supporter of Brexit, let's see what a great deal he can cook up.

I'm for a no deal exit

Darkforbid

Who is dehumanizing? The person who used the phrase "" or the person who twisted it to "sub-humans" and extended it by alluding to extermination.

There easy you. My post was simply criticising your sub-mentality comment

Darkforbid

By "no deal", do you mean no trade agreements with the rest of the EU? Seriously?

How long do you think England would last with no trade agreements? At least Boris will try to make some deals.

It's only 7.2% of UK GDP and we can negotiate better deals outside the EU when we're out