• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump; like him or not, somethings are just funny

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
If you would actually ask non-americans, it's the fact that we've elected him in the first place that makes us a joke to the rest of the world.

Hard to see a nation as a joke when their military spending is more than the next 7 nations combined.

I mean to say, sure, we still laugh, but we offer up a few of our young as sacrifices too.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Well democracy is everybody getting behind group decisions not whining like *****es because it's not going your way
Democracy doesn't mean tolerating misconduct and/or incompetence from officials just because they were elected. I'm not going to forgo my standards and integrity just because the lowest common denominator lacks them.

Darkforbid

Hard to see a nation as a joke when their military spending is more than the next 7 nations combined.

I mean to say, sure, we still laugh, but we offer up a few of our young as sacrifices too.

Maybe, but I wouldn't feel secure in a country with a single strike total loss target

Darkforbid

Democracy doesn't mean tolerating misconduct and/or from officials just because they were elected. I'm not going to forgo my standards and integrity just because the lowest common denominator lacks them.

So basically you're saying to the rest of the world 'we're brilliant we elected a incompetent idiot' well done

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe, but I wouldn't feel secure in a country with a single strike total loss target

Lowering armament levels, rather than increased offensive capability...is the only way this can actually be achieved. Raising military capability is more in line with the old M.A.D. doctrine.
But this did bring to mind that in Australia there is an old saying (which I'm pretty sure originated in England).
F*** you, Jack, I'm all right.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Which implys what to the rest of the world
That we give a damn and hold elected officials to standards of ethics and decency. I'm sure the rest of the world does know Trump did not win the popular vote, and thus did not win a mandate from Americans.

Darkforbid

Nah, either you're being disingenuous or your reading comprehension is ****-poor.

'Democracy doesn't mean tolerating misconduct and/or incompetence from officials just because they were elected. I'm not going to forgo my standards and integrity just because the lowest common denominator lacks them.'

So basically you're saying to the rest of the world 'we're brilliant we elected a incompetent idiot' well done

Yes it does

leov

I can assure you, they don't. They have different donors and different objectives.
Objective is to separate people of America preferably 50/50, so, nobody agree on anything ,so, they could do anything they want, or puppet master wants, they serve bankers, military industrial complex, and this is not the top yet.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Whether you want to accept it or not, America was established as a Republic to prevent a "democratic based" majority from trampling the minority.
Well it is good to know the rights of minority’s are not being trampled on in the U.S. today.