• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is insane

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There was no doubt that the radiation that did exist was dangerous. And that some of the workers, as workers that are unaware of the hazards of a situation tend to do, were rather careless with radiation protocols. But that only threatened those workers. The concept of a large scale explosion was never in the works. Nuclear explosions are very difficult to make. Nuclear piles, are child's play to make and can be very hard to regulate. I would watch this:

At least for the start to see some of the worst claims made in the "documentary"
Ugh....That narrator is hard to take.
But he missed something.
The water cannot be instantaneously vaporized into steam.
It would indeed become a gas, but as this occurs the latent
heat of transformation cools the remaining water, slowing
the process.
But her explanation was for non-science types, & could be
excused as dumbed down for them.

I couldn't tolerate the whole video, but the criticism I saw
was more about quibbling. It was still accurate enuf to
comprehend the danger & causes.
Compare it to other TV shows & movies....stands up well, eh.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
To all those denying Trump would have said such a thing, and that it's too far-fetched ....

Have you all ever seen and heard him speak and Tweet? He says ridiculous stuff like this on a daily basis.
He is constantly coming up with bizarre statements and ideas. Haven't you been paying attention?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To all those denying Trump would have said such a thing, and that it's too far-fetched ....

Have you all ever seen and heard him speak and Tweet? He says ridiculous stuff like this on a daily basis.
He is constantly coming up with bizarre statements and ideas. Haven't you been paying attention?
Of course, without some cromulent documentation, we also can't
assume that every dumb statement attributed to him is accurate.
I've heard enuf misquotes in the news to take it all with a grain of salt.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Dang, now I need to get to my PC instead of my tablet. According to Axios, the source for this story, they told the Whitehouse nine hours before they ran it, and there are notes from other meetings where Trump made the same suggestion.

Here we go:

Trump keeps complaining that he never suggested destroying hurricanes with bombs, but there's reportedly a White House memo that proves he said it

Axios: Trump floated the idea of using nuclear bombs to stop hurricanes headed for US - CNNPolitics

"You could hear a gnat fart in that meeting. People were astonished. After the meeting ended, we thought, 'What the f---? What do we do with this?'" the source told Axios.

According to the outlet, Trump also raised the idea of using bombs to stop hurricanes during a 2017 conversation with a senior administration official. A source briefed on a NSC memo describing that conversation told Axios that the document does not contain the word "nuclear." According to sources the outlet spoke to about that conversation, despite Trump's interest in the idea, it "went nowhere and never entered a formal policy process."

Both excerpts from the second article. It appears that the first time he brought this up he merely said "bomb". They could deny that he said "nuclear".

At any rate I do remember a science fiction story where this was tried on an uninhabited world. Well at least one without supposed intelligence. It has been far too long to remember the details or author. So Trump is not the only crazy that has had this idea, though at least to test it out they thought of using another world rather than our own.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dang, now I need to get to my PC instead of my tablet. According to Axios, the source for this story, they told the Whitehouse nine hours before they ran it, and there are notes from other meetings where Trump made the same suggestion.
Let's look at the bright side....
It's long been considered a very bad idea.
It's still considered a very bad idea.
It always will be considered a very bad idea...I guarantee it.

Instead, let's consider that on about 9 occasions, we almost
accidentally had global thermonuclear war. Isn't Trump's
ending of treaties with Iran & Russia of far greater concern?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Let's look at the bright side....
It's long been considered a very bad idea.
It's still considered a very bad idea.
It always will be considered a very bad idea...I guarantee it.

Instead, let's consider that on about 9 occasions, we almost
accidentally had global thermonuclear war. Isn't Trump's
ending of treaties with Iran & Russia of far greater concern?

Of course that is the bigger threat. But this proposal of his, which appears to have happened, is symptomatic of how nuts our current Prexy is.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Still, an unsourced claim is a tenuous basis for going all "He's insane!".
One might call it meta-insanity.
This is just one of countless pieces of evidence. Most of the evidence for his insanity come from his tweets. I do agree t that if this was all that those in opposition to Trump had that it would be laughable.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course, without some cromulent documentation, we also can't
assume that every dumb statement attributed to him is accurate.
I've heard enuf misquotes in the news to take it all with a grain of salt.
I hope he said it. I am so on board. Targeted nuclear detonations to control extremist weather is the next obvious step when negotiations have continually broken down. It sends a message to other rogue weather phenomena that the US is not going to accept their violence and destruction.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is just one of countless pieces of evidence. Most of the evidence for his insanity come from his tweets. I do agree t that if this was all that those in opposition to Trump had that it would be laughable.
Pieces of dubious evidence being numerous doesn't bestow cromulence.
I wonder about the left's obsession with things so questionable & not even
realized (eg, nuking storms), when there are issues of substance which get
so little attention, eg, almost starting a war with Iran.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I hope he said it. I am so on board. Targeted nuclear detonations to control extremist weather is the next obvious step when negotiations have continually broken down. It sends a message to other rogue weather phenomena that the US is not going to accept their violence and destruction.
Be careful....if your jokes are too subtle,
you'll be taken seriously.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Pieces of dubious evidence being numerous doesn't bestow cromulence.
I wonder about the left's obsession with things so questionable & not even
realized (eg, nuking storms), when there are issues of substance which get
so little attention, eg, almost starting a war with Iran.
Many people miss such items. And I would not say that this is very dubious.

But if you want to start a war with Iran be my guest.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I think this country has had enough foreign weather patterns invading our sovereignty. They come here bringing their death and destruction and then want us to pay for it all. I don't think so. Those giraffes and ponies we see in the clouds are mocking us. What choice do we have but to respond with a military solution. It is an invasion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I think this country has had enough foreign weather patterns invading our sovereignty. They come here bringing their death and destruction and then want us to pay for it all. I don't think so. Those giraffes and ponies we see in the clouds are mocking us. What choice do we have but to respond with a military solution. It is an invasion.
A wall would keep those clouds out.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Still, an unsourced claim is a tenuous basis for going all "He's insane!".
One might call it meta-insanity.
I don't think he is insane.

His real problem seems to be associated with that swelling on his neck. I know I am not the only one to notice it. Surely. It has this weird orange color and goofing looking hair.