• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is angling for a third term

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Trump suggests he would 'negotiate' a third term as president because he is 'probably entitled' to it

"We're gonna win four more years in the White House, and then we'll negotiate, because based on the way we were treated, we're probably entitled to another four years after that" -- Trump, slurring, began his rally in Nevada by teasing that he intends to serve more than two terms.

He wants to be a dictator like the other Big Bullies - Putin, Xi Jinping, Kim Jong-un.
Otherwise he’s just a loser.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I think it's pretty clear that since he declared to run back in 2015 that he was aiming to become Emperor Donald I, president for life, etc., to be followed by whichever of this children is on his good side when he eventually dies...

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Trump suggests he would 'negotiate' a third term as president because he is 'probably entitled' to it

"We're gonna win four more years in the White House, and then we'll negotiate, because based on the way we were treated, we're probably entitled to another four years after that" -- Trump, slurring, began his rally in Nevada by teasing that he intends to serve more than two terms.

He wants to be a dictator like the other Big Bullies - Putin, Xi Jinping, Kim Jong-un.
Actually, Obama is working within the system to garner support for a military takeover. He was upset that he didn't get a third term.

BARACK OBAMA: AMERICA WANTS ME BACK FOR A 3RD TERM - Bloomberg Mag

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Third term? He hasn't even gotten through his first term yet.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

If he has to "negotiate" it, this doesn't sound dictatorial.
The negotiation would also have to include amending
the Constitution.
Of course, it's moot because he won't even get a 2nd term.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Naw. Dictators like ornate palaces. Not white houses.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I suspect it's some bogus site masquerading as Bloomberg.

OK I've found a clean copy. It is from an interview with Obama. Not sure when the interview took place but the report in Bloomberg's magazine, is dated 17th July. Here is the relevant section:
"
Barack Obama has said he believes he would have won a third term in office were he eligible to run in the 2016 presidential election, while also casting a skeptical eye at the UK Labour party under Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership.In a wide-ranging interview with former aide David Axelrod, the outgoing president expressed his belief that he could have won re-election in 2016, based on his view that most Americans still subscribed to his progressive vision and ideals.

“I am confident in this vision because I’m confident that if I had run again and articulated it, I think I could’ve mobilized a majority of the American people to rally behind it,” Obama said on Axelrod’s CNN podcast.

The outgoing president summarized this progressive American spirit as one that “manifests itself in communities all across the country”.“We see it in this younger generation that is smarter, more tolerant, more innovative, more creative, more entrepreneurial, would not even think about, you know, discriminating against somebody for example because of their sexual orientation.”

Ultimately, Obama did not think the election represented a sea change in American politics or a repudiation of his administration, insisting that “the culture actually did shift, that the majority does buy into the notion of one America that is tolerant and diverse and open and full of energy and dynamism”.

To an extent, this was reflected in the final outcome of the election, where Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by nearly 3m votes."

Needless to say, this does NOT say Obama thinks he should have been entitled to a 3rd term, or that he was "upset" not to have got one, at all. Just that, if he had been, he thinks he could have won it.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
OK I've found a clean copy. It is from an interview with Obama. Not sure when the interview took place but the report in Bloomberg's magazine, is dated 17th July. Here is the relevant section:
"
Barack Obama has said he believes he would have won a third term in office were he eligible to run in the 2016 presidential election, while also casting a skeptical eye at the UK Labour party under Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership.In a wide-ranging interview with former aide David Axelrod, the outgoing president expressed his belief that he could have won re-election in 2016, based on his view that most Americans still subscribed to his progressive vision and ideals.

“I am confident in this vision because I’m confident that if I had run again and articulated it, I think I could’ve mobilized a majority of the American people to rally behind it,” Obama said on Axelrod’s CNN podcast.

The outgoing president summarized this progressive American spirit as one that “manifests itself in communities all across the country”.“We see it in this younger generation that is smarter, more tolerant, more innovative, more creative, more entrepreneurial, would not even think about, you know, discriminating against somebody for example because of their sexual orientation.”

Ultimately, Obama did not think the election represented a sea change in American politics or a repudiation of his administration, insisting that “the culture actually did shift, that the majority does buy into the notion of one America that is tolerant and diverse and open and full of energy and dynamism”.

To an extent, this was reflected in the final outcome of the election, where Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by nearly 3m votes."

Needless to say, this does NOT say Obama thinks he should have been entitled to a 3rd term, at all. Just that, if he had been, he thinks he could have won it.
Well, he did have a big cult following,
so he could'a won.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Trump would have served from his gaudy fake royal palace if he had the option to. Thats what he was expecting to do.
You mean this one? :-

trump-home-01.jpg

Terry Sampson

Actually, Obama is working within the system to garner support for a military takeover. He was upset that he didn't get a third term.
Congratulations!!! You get today's "Head-jerker Post" award. Not bad, ... no foul words or nekkid women, but eye-catching all the same. :p

Only one thing missing in the article that you linked to, ... an actual connection to your silly "Obama's comin', ... with an Army" trope. I figured you guys would still be scraping egg off your face or trying to get your foot out of your mouth from back when the U.S. Army carried out military maneuvers through Texas "at Obama's command." Remember that conspiracy fiasco?

Last edited:

IAMinyou

LOL !!! You don't understand Trump's sarcastic humor.