• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is an expert

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Someone is in denial, that is for sure.

A lot of people are. Some are fearful. Some are aggravative. Of course these people may not know they feel this way but, like you say, behavior defines character (sorry, not a word for word quoter), so maybe that's who they are and don't realize it until someone who doesn't know them tells them. Then again, they only hear from those they trust.

Everyone has their safety zone with things like this.

ecco

Veteran Member
My question, though, is how many of you guys follow media but not know you guys are following because of cognitive dissonance (may be a better word) confirmation bias. I've always been skeptical since I was young. I don't take "words" as is.

No. Actually you said...
Media plays with minds, though. Both for and against trump. How much do you guys trust the media to tell you the truth about trump? (How much is not cognitive bias and confirmation bias?)

I responded that my views of Trump (highly negative) are not based on what the media reports, but what Trump actually says and does.

I guess you need to believe we are under the spell of the media and need confirmation bias.

I guess you can carefully re-read my post where I give many examples of the sickness that is Donal Trump and you will still conclude that the media is shaping my views.

I guess you will just continue to willfully ignore what he says and what he does.

ecco

Veteran Member
A lot of people are. Some are fearful. Some are aggravative. Of course these people may not know they feel this way but, like you say, behavior defines character (sorry, not a word for word quoter), so maybe that's who they are and don't realize it until someone who doesn't know them tells them. Then again, they only hear from those they trust.

Everyone has their safety zone with things like this.
When I said "some are in denial", I was referring to you.

Are you "fearful"?
Do you not know you "feel this way"?
Do you not "realize it until someone who doesn't know them tells" you?

If you wait for those who agree with you to tell you these things, you will never hear them.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No. Actually you said...

I responded that my views of Trump (highly negative) are not based on what the media reports, but what Trump actually says and does.

I guess you need to believe we are under the spell of the media and need confirmation bias.

I guess you can carefully re-read my post where I give many examples of the sickness that is Donal Trump and you will still conclude that the media is shaping my views.

I guess you will just continue to willfully ignore what he says and what he does.

I don't share your negativity, so I tend to try to find your point within it. For most people, it's hard.

I added cognitive dissonance. The question is the same.

Many people are focus on media as facts. You know how negative media is about trump. I couldn't find a single positive thing about him in Google. Media fuels negativity.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
When I said "some are in denial", I was referring to you.

Are you "fearful"?
Do you not know you "feel this way"?
Do you not "realize it until someone who doesn't know them tells" you?

If you wait for those who agree with you to tell you these things, you will never hear them.

I don't care for indirect statements and questions. Ask me directly. The conversation will be better so we won't talk past each other.

The last comment I don't know where that's from. You're putting intentions in my mouth without asking for clarification then reacting to your intentions as I'd they were mine.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I don't define him as a person by his lies. I don't care for his attitude and don't agree with a lot of what he says, but I have no issues with him as a person. If I knew him as a friend, regardless of his policies, he's still invited for breakfast. As for Hitler and other people like him, I wouldn't say the same. One I don't like his character and the latter, his behavior. I don't get threatened or offended by someone else's character but their behavior.

If the person fooled you, will you be glad to make him your friend while he's fooling you?
and invite him for breakfast !!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If the person fooled you, will you be glad to make him your friend while he's fooling you?
and invite him for breakfast !!

Well, that spoken behavior (lack of better words) would offend me depending on what he said. But then I have friends that fool me a lot, so it depends on what it is. But I'm more concerned about what people do not who people are.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Well, that spoken behavior (lack of better words) would offend me depending on what he said. But then I have friends that fool me a lot, so it depends on what it is. But I'm more concerned about what people do not who people are.

Would you trust a person that you know he fools you?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Depends on what it is he fooled me about. I have friends who fool me and I'd still invite them over. Do you mean would I invite someone over I mistrust?

If someone told you I slept with your wife, will you trust what he says
and will you accept him still as a friend while he's fooling you?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If someone told you I slept with your wife, will you trust what he says
and will you accept him still as a friend while he's fooling you?

I wouldn't judge him as a friend unless he did something to harm me or my wife, but of course I'd be hesitant to invite him in my home especially around my wife.

Trump is a stranger to me. Since I don't know him personally, I can't possible judge his character/who he is as a person by what I see and read on t.v. and internet. How do you judge someone's worthy of being your friend without knowing them in person?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I wouldn't judge him as a friend unless he did something to harm me or my wife, but of course I'd be hesitant to invite him in my home especially around my wife.

Trump is a stranger to me. Since I don't know him personally, I can't possible judge his character/who he is as a person by what I see and read on t.v. and internet. How do you judge someone's worthy of being your friend without knowing them in person?

When Trump fool you when saying that Russia and China are jealous because his
administration was behind a secret weapon that no one in this world has ever seen.
Don't you see that he insult your intelligence as if he thinks that he speaks to idiots

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
When Trump fool you when saying that Russia and China are jealous because his
administration was behind a secret weapon that no one in this world has ever seen.
Don't you see that he insult your intelligence as if he thinks that he speaks to idiots

I wouldn't know. My question, though, was how can I judge someone's character (who they are) without knowing him (or her) in person?

ecco

Veteran Member
Many people are focus on media as facts.
But I've already told you, several times, that my negative views about Trump come directly from his own words and his own actions. Why do you find it necessary to continue to pretend that my negative views about Trump are based on the media? Is it because you have access to his own words and actions just as I do, but you intentionally dismiss how evil he really is?

I couldn't find a single positive thing about him in Google.

Really? Did you even try? I Googled "Good things about Trump"...

You have such a need to blame the media for your Trump's idiocy, that you intentionally must make up untruths like..."I couldn't find a single positive thing about him in Google."

That's really sad.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
But I've already told you, several times, that my negative views about Trump come directly from his own words and his own actions. Why do you find it necessary to continue to pretend that my negative views about Trump are based on the media? Is it because you have access to his own words and actions just as I do, but you intentionally dismiss how evil he really is?

Really? Did you even try? I Googled "Good things about Trump"...

You have such a need to blame the media for your Trump's idiocy, that you intentionally must make up untruths like..."I couldn't find a single positive thing about him in Google."

That's really sad.

You're putting words and intentions in my mouth then conversing with your conclusions on what you think I said only to be upset when I say something contradicting your assumptions.

Interesting.

ecco

Veteran Member
You're putting words and intentions in my mouth then conversing with your conclusions on what you think I said only to be upset when I say something contradicting your assumptions.
Nonsense. Several times, in a post directed to me, you alluded to people being driven by the media to think badly of your Trump. You did this even after I clearly showed that I was driven to a disgust of Trump by Trump's own words and actions.

You didn't contradict any of my assumptions. All you did was repeat your strawman views of where I get my information.