• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is an expert

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You don't have to know him on a personal level or even hate him to see what is wrong with him as a human, president, and supposed leader.

It seems to me either a problematically indifferent or ethically faulty stance to have no negative opinions on him given his track record both as a person and as a president.

I don't see anything wrong with him as a human being. Of course a president and leader of a country, there's a lot of things wrong with his policies and professionality over the issues.

His policies and behavior not the person himself. i.e. I don't like Trump's policy X rather Trump is X because of this policy.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I don't see anything wrong with him as a human being. Of course a president and leader of a country, there's a lot of things wrong with his policies and professionality over the issues.

His policies and behavior not the person himself. i.e. I don't like Trump's policy X rather Trump is X because of this policy.

You don't see him as a deceiver and a liar?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You don't see him as a deceiver and a liar?

I don't define him as a person by his lies. I don't care for his attitude and don't agree with a lot of what he says, but I have no issues with him as a person. If I knew him as a friend, regardless of his policies, he's still invited for breakfast. As for Hitler and other people like him, I wouldn't say the same. One I don't like his character and the latter, his behavior. I don't get threatened or offended by someone else's character but their behavior.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I don't define him as a person by his lies. I don't care for his attitude and don't agree with a lot of what he says, but I have no issues with him as a person. If I knew him as a friend, regardless of his policies, he's still invited for breakfast. As for Hitler and other people like him, I wouldn't say the same. One I don't like his character and the latter, his behavior. I don't get threatened or offended by someone else's character but their behavior.

More than 200,000 Americans died due to his carelessness, isn't that enough?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

So being a sexual predator, mocking a person's disability, and being markedly xenophobic, among other things, aren't enough to make you see him as a bad person? Or am I missing something? Because these behaviors are very much an extension of his character. You can't separate the two without jumping through too many illogical hoops.

ecco

Veteran Member
I'm sure Trump isn't that uneducated. Is there a link that says that he says the virus would be gone in two weeks?
Here is a page showing some of HIS tweets...

MARCH 10
“And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”
Donald Trump

Surgeon General Jerome Adams, that same day, warned that “this is likely going to get worse before it gets better.”​

MARCH 12
“It’s going to go away. ... The United States, because of what I did and what the administration did with China, we have 32 deaths at this point … when you look at the kind of numbers that you’re seeing coming out of other countries, it’s pretty amazing when you think of it.”
Donald Trump

Gee, you could have found that all by yourself. Better yet, you could follow your glorious leader's tweets and read all the nonsense he actually says.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So being a sexual predator, mocking a person's disability, and being markedly xenophobic, among other things, aren't enough to make you see him as a bad person? Or am I missing something? Because these behaviors are very much an extension of his character. You can't separate the two without jumping through too many illogical hoops.

I don't define a person by his actions but by his humanity (or soul, maybe). The behaviors he, you, and I make we may identify with personally. I just don't feel it's right to say you're a bad person inherently (for example) because you kicked someone in the teeth. Your "actions" are distasteful, but I wouldn't judge you as a person. Help you would probably be more beneficial than accuse you-as a human being.

He can change his character, though. So, it's best to focus on his behaviors.

I get what you're saying. Just in "my outlook in the world" I feel bad when I judge someone for their behavior. It's like saying their character is fixed and committing them to the death penalty cause I feel they can't change (i.e. inherited sin seems to underline society's thoughts). I just don't see the world like that. I know if I have a bad character, I'm still able to change my behavior and hopefully that character would change for the better. If I know I can do it, why rob others of that same ability?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Here is a page showing some of HIS tweets...

MARCH 10
“And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”
Donald Trump

Surgeon General Jerome Adams, that same day, warned that “this is likely going to get worse before it gets better.”​

MARCH 12
“It’s going to go away. ... The United States, because of what I did and what the administration did with China, we have 32 deaths at this point … when you look at the kind of numbers that you’re seeing coming out of other countries, it’s pretty amazing when you think of it.”
Donald Trump

Gee, you could have found that all by yourself. Better yet, you could follow your glorious leader's tweets and read all the nonsense he actually says.

I can't find in those links (did a search for those quotes) where he says it will go away in two weeks. He does say it will go away, as he did in the public meeting I saw on youtube-was a two hour video-but it seemed like he was optimistic of it going away soon. I never heard him say when. He did say that the numbers will most likely spike in April (would have to go back for that date).

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I guess a shorter way to put it is I believe people can change. I believe people are inherently good and when they connect with their "goodness" for lack of better words, their behaviors will change and thus their character (so I know the connection). So instead of sending people to the chair, I would rather put the "behavior in the chair." How is a totally different story.

ecco

Veteran Member
Lying implies you know something is true or false and you intentionally say otherwise.
Woodward recorded his interviews with Trump.

Privately...

"It goes through the air," Mr Trump told the author on 7 February.

"That's always tougher than the touch. You don't have to touch things. Right? But the air, you just breathe the air and that's how it's passed.

"And so that's a very tricky one. That's a very delicate one. It's also more deadly than even your strenuous flus."

Versus Publicly
Trump tweet suggests common flu worse than coronavirus
President Donald Trump on Monday concluded a four-day stay in Florida by rifling off another tweet undermining his administration’s messaging in suggesting the coronavirus is no worse than the common flu.

“So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!” he tweeted on Monday.​

ecco

Veteran Member
There was a time when both Russia and China lagged far behind the U.S. in terms of military and other technologies, but Russia slowly caught up

It was caught up by the late 50's which is why ...

August 5, 1963

On August 5, 1963, after more than eight years of difficult negotiations, the United States, the United Kingdom, and the Soviet Union signed the Limited Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Woodward recorded his interviews with Trump.

Privately...

"It goes through the air," Mr Trump told the author on 7 February.

"That's always tougher than the touch. You don't have to touch things. Right? But the air, you just breathe the air and that's how it's passed.

"And so that's a very tricky one. That's a very delicate one. It's also more deadly than even your strenuous flus."

Versus Publicly
Trump tweet suggests common flu worse than coronavirus
President Donald Trump on Monday concluded a four-day stay in Florida by rifling off another tweet undermining his administration’s messaging in suggesting the coronavirus is no worse than the common flu.

“So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!” he tweeted on Monday.​

Shrugs. Sounds like opinions. Who would take what he (or any one of us) says as authority. He could be in part denial.

ecco

Veteran Member
There has always been a separation between humans and god saviors. So, maybe cult like behavior? but definitely not worship.
Really?

David Koresh was worshipped.
Charles Manson was worshipped.
Jim Jones was worshipped.

David Koresh's worshippers died in fires with him.
Charlie Manson's worshippers killed for him.
Jim Jones' worshippers committed suicide for him.
Donald Trump's worshippers attend rallies eschewing face masks in a show of loyalty to him.

What is the difference between "worship" and "cult like behavior"?

ecco

Veteran Member
Media plays with minds, though. Both for and against trump. How much do you guys trust the media to tell you the truth about trump? (How much is not cognitive bias and confirmation bias?)

The media doesn't tell me as much about Trump as Trump tells me about Trump.
---
He said "I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. ... Grab ‘em by the *****. You can do anything.”
---
He said, "He's not a war hero. He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

The media didn't disinvite him to McCain's funeral, McCain's family did. Unprecedented.
---
In rallies across coal country, Donald Trump made a big, crowd-pleasing promise: He’d bring back the mining jobs.

“We’re gonna open the mines,” he said to big cheers in Charleston, West Virginia.
---
He said, “It affects elderly people. Elderly people with heart problems and other problems. If they have other problems, that’s what it really affects.”

“That’s it. You know, in some states, thousands of people, nobody young. Below the age of 18, like, nobody,” the president continued. “They have a strong immune system, who knows? You look — take your hat off to the young because they have a hell of an immune system. But it affects virtually nobody.”
---
He said...​

• "I know more about ISIS than the generals do." (November 2015.)
  • "I know more about courts than any human being on Earth." (November 2015.)
  • "[W]ho knows more about lawsuits than I do? I'm the king." (January 2016.)
  • "[N]obody knows the system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. ... Nobody else on this dais knows how to change it like I do, believe me." (March 2016.)
  • "Nobody knows more about trade than me." (March 2016.)
  • "[N]obody knows the [U.S. government] system better than I do." (April 2016.)
  • "I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." (April 2016.)
  • "I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world." (May 2016.)
  • "I understand money better than anybody." (June 2016.)
  • "[L]ook, as a builder, nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." (July 2016.)
  • "[N]obody knows more about construction than I do." (May 2018.)
  • The economy: "I think I know about [the economy] better than [the Federal Reserve]." (October 2018.)
  • "Technology — nobody knows more about technology than me." (December 2018.)
  • "I know more about drones than anybody. I know about every form of safety that you can have." (January 2019.)
  • Drone technology: "Having a drone fly overhead — and I think nobody knows much more about technology, this type of technology certainly, than I do." (January 2019.)

Apparently, many people just ignore that what he says, and especially what he says about himself, shows how deceitful and narcissistic he really is.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Really?

David Koresh was worshipped.
Charles Manson was worshipped.
Jim Jones was worshipped.

David Koresh's worshippers died in fires with him.
Charlie Manson's worshippers killed for him.
Jim Jones' worshippers committed suicide for him.
Donald Trump's worshippers attend rallies eschewing face masks in a show of loyalty to him.

What is the difference between "worship" and "cult like behavior"?

Worship in religion is more being grateful, honor, feeling sense of piece, etc. At least that's how I experienced it when practiced.

Cult, I see it more like follow-blindly, monotoned group, something like that. I've been in cult-like religions and group as well as those who worship. One is creepy the other isn't.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The media doesn't tell me as much about Trump as Trump tells me about Trump.
---
He said "I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. ... Grab ‘em by the *****. You can do anything.”
---
He said, "He's not a war hero. He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

The media didn't disinvite him to McCain's funeral, McCain's family did. Unprecedented.
---
In rallies across coal country, Donald Trump made a big, crowd-pleasing promise: He’d bring back the mining jobs.

“We’re gonna open the mines,” he said to big cheers in Charleston, West Virginia.
---
He said, “It affects elderly people. Elderly people with heart problems and other problems. If they have other problems, that’s what it really affects.”

“That’s it. You know, in some states, thousands of people, nobody young. Below the age of 18, like, nobody,” the president continued. “They have a strong immune system, who knows? You look — take your hat off to the young because they have a hell of an immune system. But it affects virtually nobody.”
---
He said...​

• "I know more about ISIS than the generals do." (November 2015.)
  • "I know more about courts than any human being on Earth." (November 2015.)
  • "[W]ho knows more about lawsuits than I do? I'm the king." (January 2016.)
  • "[N]obody knows the system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. ... Nobody else on this dais knows how to change it like I do, believe me." (March 2016.)
  • "Nobody knows more about trade than me." (March 2016.)
  • "[N]obody knows the [U.S. government] system better than I do." (April 2016.)
  • "I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." (April 2016.)
  • "I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world." (May 2016.)
  • "I understand money better than anybody." (June 2016.)
  • "[L]ook, as a builder, nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." (July 2016.)
  • "[N]obody knows more about construction than I do." (May 2018.)
  • The economy: "I think I know about [the economy] better than [the Federal Reserve]." (October 2018.)
  • "Technology — nobody knows more about technology than me." (December 2018.)
  • "I know more about drones than anybody. I know about every form of safety that you can have." (January 2019.)
  • Drone technology: "Having a drone fly overhead — and I think nobody knows much more about technology, this type of technology certainly, than I do." (January 2019.)

Apparently, many people just ignore that what he says, and especially what he says about himself, shows how deceitful and narcissistic he really is.

My question, though, is how many of you guys follow media but not know you guys are following because of cognitive dissonance (may be a better word) confirmation bias. I've always been skeptical since I was young. I don't take "words" as is.