• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump bans government scientists from speaking out publicly

Altfish

Veteran Member
I'll write a message for them. Grandchildren, if you're standing at the edge of the sea, step back an inch or two so Global Warming don't sweep you away.
Tell that to the Solomon Islanders. They have already lost islands that were once part of their archipelago.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
no it is not
Erosion is the removal of material.
In this case the land remains as it was. it is the sea level rise, that covers it.
This is happening all around the world.

I'm not convinced the land did remain as it was. What I see is a guy who wanted some money, who heard about some islands that sunk into the ocean. So he went and did a story about it, writing how climate change caused the islands to disappear. Then he went up to Alaska in summertime to photograph the polar bears as the ice was melting. Before retiring to Margarittaville.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I'm not convinced the land did remain as it was. What I see is a guy who wanted some money, who heard about some islands that sunk into the ocean. So he went and did a story about it, writing how climate change caused the islands to disappear. Then he went up to Alaska in summertime to photograph the polar bears as the ice was melting. Before retiring to Margarittaville.

Have you not seen the the annual satellite photographs of the Ice caps showing their progressive reduction over time. And the newer ones showing the encroachment of the sea in coastal areas.
Put some ice cube on a plate and watch what happens when they melt.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Have you not seen the the annual satellite photographs of the Ice caps showing their progressive reduction over time. And the newer ones showing the encroachment of the sea in coastal areas.
Put some ice cube on a plate and watch what happens when they melt.

It's hardly apocalyptic, probably not man made. Put those ice cubes on a plate and say "this is the Earth in the ice age", then watch what happens.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes. Never at the same press conference, but yes.

Edit: so I probably should have said that they hold both positions simultaneously, not that they argue them both simultaneously.
I notice that some will often attribute different things which different
people in a group will say, to everyone in the entire group.
It's easy to do when names & quotes aren't cited.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Silence any dissent. Make America Alternative Facts Again.

Climate change is real, tons of evidence showing it's happening due to man. There is no debate on the topic.

The fossil fuel corporations responsible for the problem are obviously going to lie to you about the topic.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Why do you think you are entitled to blame me?

I'm stating a fact. climate change regulation would reward less industrialized nations and punish more industrialized nations. It's redistribution of wealth, sort of global communism or"stealing" if you prefer , as laid out by the Vatican years ago.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I'm stating a fact. climate change regulation would reward less industrialized nations and punish more industrialized nations. It's redistribution of wealth, sort of global communism, as laid out by the Vatican years ago.
Spare me your assumptions about my motives. They are disrespectful, not to mention way off the mark.

There are such sillies in this land, no doubt. I do not sympathise with them, and that is no excuse to avoid environmental responsibility in any case.