• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump bans government scientists from speaking out publicly

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
They elect science denying people too. Very dangerous. Never put the bible before the constitution.

The insane and members off the house of lords are disbarred from standing for election, in the UK.
To be mentally retarded in some way seems to be a requirement to be a member of congress in the USA

esmith

Veteran Member
I look at it this way.
Climate change appears to be happening and it affect the entire world. Now to man made contributions to the issue. When the rest of the world, and I mean all of the countries of the world come up to the same standards that are imposed here in the United States then and only then will I accept further regulations.

habiru

They elect science denying people too. Very dangerous. Never put the bible before the constitution.

Of course they should elect someone that doesn't believes in scientist's fairy-tales. The word theory means possibility, but not actual facts. And so why should they let these fairy-tales be taught in schools? They are doing what the paid internet trolls are doing. Planting the seed in the minds of the people, and then slowly water until it fully grows into our hearts.

And remember, that you cannot speak against Muslim, or else.....
uowadmin.gif

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Liberal outrage is as good a barometer as any to use to judge how Trump is doing. So far so good.
And a conservative and a libertarian should be outraged as well, as some of the actions he's already taken, matched with some things he's proposing, aren't compatible with either. Some of his actions and proposals simply are not in the direction of state and local rights and balanced budgets, nor in the direction of more personal liberties.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I look at it this way.
Climate change appears to be happening and it affect the entire world. Now to man made contributions to the issue. When the rest of the world, and I mean all of the countries of the world come up to the same standards that are imposed here in the United States then and only then will I accept further regulations.
Man made issues are the problem. So you're saying the largest producers of co2 output like China and India that have already committed to changing the problem isn't good enough?
You're only hurting your generations to come in the future.
Fox, rush and the usual disinformers deny climate change. The good thing is these people aren't the experts. They should be ignored.
Feel free to post a link saying how climate change is a hoax

esmith

Veteran Member
Man made issues are the problem. So you're saying the largest producers of co2 output like China and India that have already committed to changing the problem isn't good enough?
Fox, rush and the usual disinformers deny climate change. The good thing is these people aren't the experts. They should be ignored.
Feel free to post a link saying how climate change is a hoax

That is correct as far as my stance on when more clean air standards are required in the US. And that stance is when the rest of the world and that is all countries are at the same level we are.

As far as your follow on statement it is getting to the point that you are becoming irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. When one constantly complains one is eventually ignored.

Underhill

I look at it this way.

So you want us to be followers rather than leaders.

Europe is way ahead of us. The primary countries that have catching up to do are those countries that manufacture for us. So the wealthy get richer off the sweat of their poor working in under-regulated factories and we expect them to play catch up... I understand why corporations don't want us to lead this issue as it will cost them money. But why anyone else would is beyond me.

esmith

Veteran Member
So you want us to be followers rather than leaders.

Europe is way ahead of us. The primary countries that have catching up to do are those countries that manufacture for us. So the wealthy get richer off the sweat of their poor working in under-regulated factories and we expect them to play catch up... I understand why corporations don't want us to lead this issue as it will cost them money. But why anyone else would is beyond me.
I can not see us undermining our own economy with regulations that may or may not be effective. When the major polluters in the world come up to our standards then take another look at it. However, nothing says that if a processes or anything else becomes economically feasible without massive government subsidies then go for it.
Let the market make the decision not a small group of activists .

And a conservative and a libertarian should be outraged as well, as some of the actions he's already taken, matched with some things he's proposing, aren't compatible with either. Some of his actions and proposals simply are not in the direction of state and local rights and balanced budgets, nor in the direction of more personal liberties.
Oh, I'm neither of those other things either. I just really loath the millennial SJW nonsense that constitutes the voice of the left these days.

Anyway, the trumpeter looks like Reaganomics ++ so far, which is going to scare people at first..Just like last time.

Underhill

I can not see us undermining our own economy with regulations that may or may not be effective. When the major polluters in the world come up to our standards then take another look at it. However, nothing says that if a processes or anything else becomes economically feasible without massive government subsidies then go for it.

Nobody wants to undermine our own economy. But strategic shifts to cleaning things up makes sense. I see little evidence that under Obama our economy has been devastated by his policies and I work in the coal power industry.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
If this is true, it certainly is a new era and we are heading to 1984...

Donald Trump's decision to stop US government scientists speaking publicly is 'chilling'
raw

As history shows us the market doesn't give a ****.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Exactly.

It is totally illogical and very potentially damaging waiting around and not dealing with this problem. As you say above, both India and China, along with many other countries, recognize the problem and are making changes. Proportionally, the Chinese have invested more in green technology than we have, but they do have a much longer way to go than us.

But like you concluded above, all too many on the right prefer their "alternative facts", and the Groper-In-Chief obviously is one of them. .

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
As the billions in the third world move out of poverty into the middle class the inevitable result is an equivalent reduction in the wealth of advanced nations. This is a simple rebalancing of the scales after centuries of colonial exploitation. America can do what it likes but it cannot turn back this irresistible tide. The shift in global economics is inevitable it is better to work with it than against it. The tide will eventually ebb the other way in time, as the higher wages and standard of living increase in Asia.
Cheers

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
In response to trumps ban on Scientific discussion does this mean government scientists cannot attend peer conferences or deliver scientific papers?
Science demands openness and a full disclosure to allow scrutiny and discussion and possible alternate interpretations.
To have a real estate salesman forfeit fact for cheap spin, is an insult to science and all rational people world wide.
Cheers