• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump’s Fascist Dog Whistle

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Duke has publically said he never endorsed Trump, his statements are on youtube and other outlets. Also Duke said he has not been a member of the KKK in almost 40 years.

This is a bogus attempt by the Democratic and Republican establishment to try and cast anyone who supports Trump’s policies on illegal immigration as a racist and a KKK. It has already failed miserably and there is in fact a wave of blowback from the public on this and support for Trump has increased as a result.

But neither the Democratic establishment nor the Republican establishment will ever learn anything from their mistakes in this election cycle and become further tarnished in the eyes of voters.

I have already said it, mark my words, if Sanders takes the lead in delegates, you will be reading a story in the media that Sanders has received the endorsement of a domestic terrorist involved bank bombings from the 1960's and link Sanders thereby to some group such as the Symbionese Liberation Army.

The person said to be endorsing Sanders would have actually not endorsed Sanders at all. Nor will that person have even been involved in the SLA or any such group in over 40 years.

Mark my words. And the actual source of this smear will be the establishment Clinton cartel.

Both this person and Duke, however, will make money over the story.

What this is also about is power. Too much emphasis is put upon "liberal" and "conservative" - actually both are being rejected since now many are seeing it as "in power" verse "not respected and being screwed".

Today is Super Tuesday. Let us see who is more open to change, or not.

There is an old Italian proverb and a famous Roman proverb that perhaps will inspire those such as myself as we go out and vote in the primary of one's State. As I mark my ballot for Trump, I will be thinking two oldies but goodies.

"It is better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep." - Italian proverb...

"It is better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a lamb.". --Roman proverb.

one-day-as-a-lion.jpg

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Maybe just clicking on their account is sufficient, but if he didn't then that's careless sure, how does this make him a fascist?
Where precisely did I say that it makes him a fascist? You appear to be as thoughtless with your inferences as Trump is with his endorsements.

Sultan Of Swing

Where precisely did I say that it makes him a fascist? You appear to be as thoughtless with your inferences as Trump is with his endorsements.
I've always loved your blunt style :kissingheart:

But it was more in response to what the OP was inferring, and I suppose I did then superimpose the OP's inference over your own, but it can't be that an unreasonable assumption to make that you were defending the OP's position. I guess you weren't then. Come here and give Uncle Sultan a big hug.

Duke has publically said he never endorsed Trump

“Voting for these people, voting against Donald Trump at this point, is really treason to your heritage,” Duke said on the David Duke Radio Program.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/david-duke-trump-219777#ixzz41jNTa4Yj

Maybe there's an argument to be had that he should do more background research on the people he re-tweets, sure, but that just makes him careless/uncaring, it doesn't mean he agrees with them and is actually a fascist.

It’s not just the tweat, it’s the totality.

But as for the quotation itself, Trump is neither lion nor lamb (sheep). He possesses neither the gentleness nor calm of the latter, nor the strength and dignity of the former. People like Trump because he is powerful but power is not the same as strength. Trump has power but his power rests in his willingness to lie without compunction, to attack without honor, to bully without conscience. Shark, pig, snake fit much better.

People think trump is a person of strength because he projects himself in a confident manner. A lot of people have false confidence. They are confident in their fantasy of themselves, in a self-image they create which isn't real, which is but an illusion, rather than confident in their true self, in who they actually are. This is trump. He sees himself not as he is, weak, aggressive, full of fear, full of spite but as he wants others to see him and as he wants to see himself.

We should not let the myth of American exceptional-ism blind us to the possibility that this country, like most countries may fall into an abyss of profound evil. Our history already proves that we are not invulnerable to the demons of slave labor, racist violence, “medical” torture, scapegoating and silencing those who are different or those who disagree with our position – the hallmarks of Nazism under Hitler.

I hope that I am wrong, I hope that a history of amoral, dishonest, insensitive, vulgar, authoritarian, brutish behavior and racist proclivities… does not mean that if trump were elected he would become an authoritarian dictator who hurts people and tramples on their rights. I hope I am wrong but the signs are not good.

Last edited by a moderator:

While he may be doing things that some fascists also did, he is not advocating a one party political system, aggressive militarism or state corporatism. As such, he is not a fascist.

"Analogy tells us that if two situations are similar in some respects, they are probably similar in all respects, or at least most of them… The basic truth is that circumstances in which situations differ from each other may precisely be those that define their essential nature…"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
While he may be doing things that some fascists also did, he is not advocating a one party political system, aggressive militarism or state corporatism. As such, he is not a fascist.
The clever way to call him a "fascist" is to continually ask if he is.
He must be, otherwise the question wouldn't be asked, eh?
These flames are fanned with false quotes attributed to Trump.
It all embiggens others to simply call him one as though it were factual.

There are very good reasons to oppose Trump.
It's too bad that so many are using mischievous demonization.

Thank you Jay for posting the Slate article.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...fascist_an_expert_on_fascism_weighs_in.2.html

I wouldn't label Trump a fascist, that exaggerates and oversimplifies, but the qualities about him that disturb me most are also the qualities that made the fascists so dangerous, such as:
When you read Hitler’s program, his 21 points, when the party was founded in 1920, and when you read Mussolini’s first program in 1919, it had very little to do with what they eventually did. Mussolini, particularly, came from the left, and his first program included things like the vote for women, the abolition of a monarchy. It was more his style than the details of the program. The details of the program were constantly changing. They say whatever seems to suit the mood of the moment. Mein Kampf is taken as a model that [Hitler] carried out—well, in Mein Kampf, he wants to make peace with the British. They are full of inconsistencies, they were very opportunistic, totally opportunistic, and there was a high degree of change in their programs.
Emphases added.

I wouldn't label Trump a fascist, that exaggerates and oversimplifies, but the qualities about him that disturb me most are also the qualities that made the fascists so dangerous, such as:

Fascism, whatever the dictionary definition, means and has certainly come to mean the endowing of ultimate, inviolable authority in a single individual. Being a fascist doesn't necessarily mean that you are evil. At least in my mind, because of the way the church is structured, the current Pope is a kind of fascist, yet I would say that he is nevertheless a moral man who, within the limits of the church he represents wants to do good. While constantly playing with perceptions - first avowing then disavowing positions in very much the opportunistic manner described in the slate article, I believe trump possesses the personality of someone who, given the reigns of power would use them in a fascistic manner and at least in some cases (his promise to murder the families of terrorists, which means women and children who may very well be enslaved; his promise to deport 11 million people many of whom would face certain death) for purposes that are abominably evil. Of course today, after the fierce outcry prompted by his reiteration of some of those promises just last night, he has attempted to disavow, almost in the same breath, what he previously avowed. As the article says "They say whatever seems to suit the mood of the moment."