• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trouble with bikers - what would you do?

kadzbiz

Imagine you're a police officer driving along in your patrol car on a suburban street. You're working alone. You come up to some traffice lights and there are a dozen motorcycle gang members also at the traffic lights who suddenly break out into a choir of gravelly voices yelling "Pig! F***ing Pig!" What do you do?

I'll tell you what I did once there are at least a dozen replies to the OP.

kai

ragamuffin
Imagine you're a police officer driving along in your patrol car on a suburban street. You're working alone. You come up to some traffice lights and there are a dozen motorcycle gang members also at the traffic lights who suddenly break out into a choir of gravelly voices yelling "Pig! F***ing Pig!" What do you do?

I'll tell you what I did once there are at least a dozen replies to the OP.

well i dont know but your gangs bigger than their gang so i would call for backup and nab them

PureX

Veteran Member
Call for back up and then just keep an eye on them. If all they do is shout names then just let it pass. But if they're out looking to start trouble, you'll want to be around to put a stop to it. And you'll want some help.

Smoke

Done here.
If you're in your patrol car, I assume you're on the clock. So if they're not breaking the law, what they're doing is none of your concern. I realize that just ignoring them isn't very satisfying, though. I'd probably laugh, pump my fist, and chant along with them, pretending they were chanting for me.

kadzbiz

If you're in your patrol car, I assume you're on the clock. So if they're not breaking the law, what they're doing is none of your concern. I realize that just ignoring them isn't very satisfying, though. I'd probably laugh, pump my fist, and chant along with them, pretending they were chanting for me.

Okay, first of all MB, we're always on the clock. It's a fallacy people have that cops can't or shouldn't be on duty when they're out of uniform. We are expected to uphold the law 24/7 and certainly get criticised when we turn a blind eye. The only exemption to physically getting involved is when we are unarmed and the offender isn't, but then we'd use our training to do other appropriate things.

MB, it's very difficult after years of policing not to be concerned with people's activities even when you don't want to be. Don't get me wrong though, I have closed my eyes to many things. One just has to at times. We have lives too.

Hmm, joining the chant. Interesting idea, but one has to consider how the rest of the public are perceiving the actions of cops all the time. Complaints are the biggest bugbear of the police department and many strategies are in place to get the numbers down. If ever I get called such things doing a foot patrol of a public area, I will take the culprit aside and speak to them about it because 1) the public expects us to do something about such people because of the unnecessary language and lack of respect 2) because they are generally doing it to big note themselves around their mates and they need to be made an example of and have the error of their ways explained to them because no doubt the following week they'll be ringing the police to assist them in some matter. Patrolling in a vehicle is a different kettle of fish, which is where I was at the time.

I'll tell you what I did. I pulled over up the road and flagged the group of bikers to pull up behind my car. I walked over to the one who looked like the leader and said, "It looked like you were yelling out to me back there, but I had my windows and radio up and couldn't hear what you said. You don't look like the kind of guys that would need help from a copper, so no doubt you were probably saying something derogatory to try an offend me and impress each other. Seeing these stripes on my shirt will surely tell you that I've been a copper for some time and you'd have to realize, unless you're a dumbf***, that coppers don't get offended by the s**t that most idiots yell out to us, so not only are you wasting your breath, but you're showing each other how stupid you are by wasting your time doing s**t that is pointless when you could be smokin' a joint and f*****g your moles back in your clubhouse. But thanks for making my shift easier by speaking to you guys about watching your language rather than me dealing with some a**hole who's just run over a kid.......seeya guys." The bikers never said one word even as I got back into my car and drove off.

**waking from a dream** Nice story. I wish it happened that way. What really happened was, I drove by oblivious to the bikers entirely and didn't learn about them and their yelling until about 3 hours later when another guy started work and told me about them. I'll have to rehearese my line for next time. :)

Reactions: kai

Somkid

Smile and tip your hat say something like serving and protecting all of you. If nothing else it will raise their blood pressure and have the opposite affect they intended.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What make of bike do Australian bikers generally ride, Kadz?

Just curious. In the US it's almost invariably Harley-Davidson.

kadzbiz

What make of bike do Australian bikers generally ride, Kadz? Just curious. In the US it's almost invariably Harley-Davidson.

Harleys of course, and mainly because the same gangs that you have in the USA have their chapters throughout Australia and the world.

Just look point and laugh... Let them know your laughing at them... Or my favourite has been the special finger...

Which Ishant Sharma rightfully showed to Symonds... God i hate that guy.