• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trigger warning: Does 100% birth control exist?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
What if she wants to start a family later, once she and her partner can afford it?
What's wrong with her partner eventually having a vasectomy?
::shrug:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Abstinence is 100% effective as well.

At least in my experience, it is. No one has told me I've gotten them pregnant in the last several years.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yes, there is 100% effective, safe, free, and available birth control. No surgery required.

It does require a level of self control.
"Choice".
People who don't want to be parents have to Choose it. But it works.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
A man should also take equal responsibility to ensure he doesn't get his sexual partner pregnant if he were unwilling/unable to be a responsible father.
I totally agree.
One of the unreasonable aspects of this conversation is referring to "she", when obviously the fetal child has a male parent.
It should be "they".
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I guess that'd rule me out. ...:D
Maybe so.
I don't see procreation as anything like a God given right.
Mess up, even once, by Choosing irresponsible sex and you get your tubes tied.
Take responsibility and I probably wouldn't think that. Make a baby who needs taxpayer support to get along, and I would be OK with requiring you to get a vasectomy in order to renew your drivers license.
Tom

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Sexual impulses for adolescents or young adults raging with sexual hormones is hard to control. Right?

Yes, but it is not beyond control. Saying there are those that are unable to remain abstinent is just excusing those that choose not to.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Yes, but it is not beyond control. Saying there are those that are unable to remain abstinent is just excusing those that choose not to.

I think a typical sexually active man taking this newly invented male birth control pill along with his female sexual partner taking her birth contraceptives greatly reduces the chances of her unexpected pregnancy from one percent to a mere one percent of one percent. If there's practically a zero chance of any unwanted pregnancy happening when both sexually active partners are taking effective birth control pills, then the choice of acting on natural impulse certainly lacks the negative consequence of any unwanted pregnancy.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I think a typical sexually active man taking this newly invented male birth control pill along with his female sexual partner taking her birth contraceptives greatly reduces the chances of her unexpected pregnancy from one percent to a mere one percent of one percent. If there's practically a zero chance of any unwanted pregnancy happening when both sexually active partners are taking effect birth control pills, then the choice of acting on natural impulse certainly lacks the negative consequence of any unwanted pregnancy.

I'm not disputing that. I haven't seen the results of the study. But I will say that abstinence is one percent of one percent more effective a form of birth control if your numbers are accurate. :)