• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transgenders

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Really? Cats and dogs don't lose their parts? That sums up what you know.

Spaying your cat/dog remove the ovaries and/or uterus.
Neutering, is the surgical removal of the testicles.

No parts gone lol
They still have a penis. That seemed to be the be all-end all of your "old addage."

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
"Spaying your cat/dog remove the ovaries and/or uterus."

For the record, they never had a penis.
Male cats do have a penis and it's barbed. The barbed parts dont come out until it's inserted into a female cat. That's why female cats scream when mating both cuz of hormones and cuz those barbs hurt https://www.hepper.com/why-do-cats-have-barbed-penises/#:~:text=The male cat penis is,rough like a cat's tongue.

It’s not easy to thoroughly understand the male anatomy of a cat. The male cat penis is known for having penile spines that resemble small spikes and only present themselves when they mate with a female feline. They immediately disappear when the penis retracts back into the skin once the mating is over. These barbs are rough like a cat’s tongue. The texture of a cat’s tongue papillae helps to grip the food ripping the flesh from the bones while they eat. But that doesn’t seem useful for mating, right? What do the barbs do?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
They didn't choose to live as a female afterword though. They still lived as a man

Why does it matter either way, though? Gender dysphoria often requires sex reassignment surgery as part of treatment, and while it's not a perfect replication of being born as a member of the target sex, it certainly helps many trans people.

For many trans women, they don't "choose" to live as females any more than you and I "choose" to live as males. It's a core part of living in accordance with their identity.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
If your have a dog or cat spayed or neutered, turn a bull calf to a steer, etc etc. They are still the same sex as they were to begin with.
Ehh, cats and dogs are not humans though. Whether or not they have gender specifically is unlikely, since gender is a human social construct. I’m not entirely sure how much is truly biological, in the sense that we can more or less live beyond mere survival instincts.
You know? Like we have books and philosophy and gaming and reading and theatre and whatever. Those are purely human endeavours.
So there are certain phenomenons that are just not going to be a 1 to 1 translation onto non human animals. For a variety of reasons.

Also sex =/= gender.
Sex in humans is determined usually through external presenting sex characteristics. Though that definition is itself also a tiny bit simplistic and is not always “accurate.”
Since there are a few differing combinations of external and internal sex characteristics that can occur naturally in humans.
Indeed some intersex conditions aren’t even diagnosable until the onset of puberty. Like Klinefelter Syndrome (someone born externally presenting as male but with an extra X chromosome, typically resulting in a noticeable lack of masculinisation during the onset of puberty.)
Gender refers to the social expressions and expectations associated with femininity or masculinity which can actually vary culture to culture. And indeed era to era.

That all said, there does seem to be a possible biological “reason” (if you like) for gender dysphoria as a human phenomenon
Written in DNA—study reveals potential biological basis for transgender
More study is needed, of course. But considering what can occur in the distribution of sex characteristics (both internal and external) just in general, it wouldn’t surprise me if scientists are able to pinpoint/predict the exact biological process in depth in the future. Or even if they can do now. I mean isn’t one part of diagnosis at least partially reliant on brain scans these days?

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
It's none of your damn business what people have or haven't had done. You aren't entitled to it, you aren't privileged to it, you are asking people for sensitive medical information.

You know I was thinking...when a person is cis male or a cis female, everyone knows what they have.
You being transgender why do you want to hide what you have?
Are you ashamed? Embarrassed? Or what?

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
If your have a dog or cat spayed or neutered, turn a bull calf to a steer, etc etc. They are still the same sex as they were to begin with.
No one said they weren't, but animals don't have the sense of gender identity we do, nor would it necessarily affect that even if they did. A man isn't not a man because he lost his genitals in some accident, a woman isn't less of a woman because she had a hysterectomy or mastectomy. You're just giving more fuel in terms of the contrary to what you appear to hold as true yourself on gender as a term

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
You know I was thinking...when a person is cis male or a cis female, everyone knows what they have.
You being transgender why do you want to hide what you have?
Are you ashamed? Embarrassed? Or what?
Not sure most people refer to themselves as male or female apart from very specific contexts. And no, as a cis man I don't just have my genitals out, that would get me arrested and put on a list