• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transgenderism

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The definition of woman is female human while you are claiming women can be XY which is male. Pure nonsense.
I'm enjoying your bull horned ignorance that you claim is fact so much I won't even help you on this, especially since it's been discussed and went over so many time here you have no reason to validate or excuse your ignorance.
I guess you skipped basic English along your "education" and also missed biological phenotype.
Actually it was in freshman biology where I learned biology gives not one damn about the human insistence there must only be male and female and the XX/XY really isn't the gold standard for measuring it because it's not unusual or uncommon if things don't fall into that dichotomy.

Shad

Veteran Member
I'm enjoying your bull horned ignorance that you claim is fact so much I won't even help you on this, especially since it's been discussed and went over so many time here you have no reason to validate or excuse your ignorance.

This is hilarious considering you have problems with basic definitions of words.Basic English? Heard of it?

You seem to think merely because you redefine words I am obligated to follow. You are wrong in that matter. You also assume your abuse of English is anything less than babble and an explanation of anything but a desire playing out as pseudoscience.

Actually it was in freshman biology where I learned biology gives not one damn about the human insistence there must only be male and female and the XX/XY really isn't the gold standard for measuring it because it's not unusual or uncommon if things don't fall into that dichotomy.

Wrong as XX and XY are the gold standard. You are conflating disorders as if an actual sex unto itself. Again you ignore basic English.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This is hilarious considering you have problems with basic definitions of words.Basic English? Heard of it?

You seem to think merely because you redefine words I am obligated to follow. You are wrong in that matter. You also assume your abuse of English is anything less than babble and an explanation of anything but a desire playing out as pseudoscience.
I going to keep laughing because you are so far in over your head and continue to stammer around insisting you have all the facts.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm surprised anyone could think that biology and nature are anything that even comes close to remotely resembling a perfectionist and that it has any "goal" or "drive" to be so. The removal of homosexuality from the DSM also speaks volumes to the fact that abdnormal doesn't necessarily mean disorder or malfunction. God may not play with dice, but nature takes a crap shot every time an organism is born, and another one every time that organism's DNA is replicated. Nature doesn't give one damn about what we humans think about the way things should be. And very typically humans haven't really applied such rigid "either-or"s to their lives for most of our existence.
And just a cursory glance of history and gender will make it apparent that no one has ever applied such standards. But they still had male, female, and commonly something for eunuchs, effeminate men and masculine women. And because the things we have discovered didn't come into existence once we discovered them, it becomes rather obvious we have always depended on standards other than biology and birth-anatomy to determine gender.

Shad

Veteran Member
I going to keep laughing because you are so far in over your head and continue to stammer around insisting you have all the facts.

Says the one that thinks males can be females and ignored basic English but provides zero rebuttals outside fallacious authority and knowledge claims

Shad

Veteran Member

Not a gender nor sex. I guess that history you babble about didn't include English nor the history of eunuchs? Or the history of feminist theory, non-science, deciding based on nothing scientific gender has nothing to do with sex.

Ironically you merely established some TGs are merely eunuchs.

effeminate men and masculine women.

Not a sex nor gender.

And because the things we have discovered didn't come into existence once we discovered them, it becomes rather obvious we have always depended on standards other than biology and birth-anatomy to determine gender.

Or made up along the way to fulfill validation TG desperately need via an authoritarian ideology.

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
What brain structure would determine one's gender? In the cases where the individual is XX or XY, why should they be allowed to alter what their DNA has determined.
DNA is not wholly deterministic. For instance, there are people who have XY chromosomes who were born physically female, due to a failure of a hormone to switch on which triggers the development of male physical characteristics. Should these individuals be forced to change their naturally developed (without human interference) female bodies conform to their male DNA via human interference?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
A human being is born as one of two absolute genders, male or female. Some anomalies occur such as hermaphrodites, but that is not my point. Why should individuals be able to change their genders based on a feeling rather than listening to the common laws of genders. If an individual has XX as their chromosomal pair, then they are female. If they have XY, they are male. Why should they be allowed to change it.
Maria, you have no idea of how mistaken you are.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
that's like saying that it is okay for everyone else to kill themselves because it doesn't affect me. And no I don't sleep in school. obviously there are 46 Chromosomes, 2 of which are sex chromosomes. These chromosomes can come in pairs such as XXY, XXX, XO and so on. Those cases are different. I am purely saying that in cases where someone has a set of XX or XY, they should not be allowed to identify as something other than that.
It is true that sexual identity and sexual behavior of other people do in fact affect us.

That is unavoidable. But it does not entitle anyone to attempt to repress the expression of anyone else's sexuality and gender identity. Those are very basic, sacred personal rights and ought to be respected as such.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
A human being is born as one of two absolute genders, male or female. Some anomalies occur such as hermaphrodites, but that is not my point. Why should individuals be able to change their genders based on a feeling rather than listening to the common laws of genders. If an individual has XX as their chromosomal pair, then they are female. If they have XY, they are male. Why should they be allowed to change it.
A better question, why shouldn't they? I don't believe in stopping people from doing something they want to do without a very good reason, and I am unaware of any reason to want to stop people changing their gender expression as they see fit.

Tiberius

A human being is born as one of two absolute genders, male or female.

Incorrect.

Some anomalies occur such as hermaphrodites, but that is not my point.

Except for the fact that you've just disproved your previous argument.

Why should individuals be able to change their genders based on a feeling rather than listening to the common laws of genders. If an individual has XX as their chromosomal pair, then they are female. If they have XY, they are male. Why should they be allowed to change it.

Genetics doesn't work that way. There are some XX people who you would classify as male, and some XY who you would classify as female, even without gender affirming surgery.

And there are far more options than simply XX and XY.

In any case, a person's sense of self as a man or woman does not depend on their genes, so you are wrong there too.

And finally, even if you were right (which you aren't), if they want to change it, why not? It affects no one but themselves.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Says the one that thinks males can be females and ignored basic English but provides zero rebuttals outside fallacious authority and knowledge claims
I have offered rebuttals. Many of them. I'm basically done repeating myself. Nature doesn't give one **** about how you think things should be. But I will say I've kept enough of my statements open enough that the "sloppiness" of nature also includes asexuals, species that have neither male nor female. And then numerous species can change sex due to environmental factors. Hermaphrodites and intersexuals. The many chromosome patterns that aren't XX or XY in species that do have male/female sexual reproduction.
Not a gender nor sex.
It obviously is a gender as "when it was a thing" they were not regarded as men or women.
Not a sex nor gender.
Again, yes, they have been recognized as genders in various cultures.
Or made up along the way to fulfill validation TG desperately need via an authoritarian ideology.
Nope. The Hijra and Two-Spirits exist and existed long before transgender appeared in Western medicine. The Bible, Quran, and Hadith make it vary obvious eunuchs were considered another gender and not considered men. Many pre-Christian religions have stories of transgender people and gods - even some Greek stories have survived the centuries.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Should these individuals be forced to change their naturally developed (without human interference) female bodies conform to their male DNA via human interference?
From what I know, most of them of would tell someone to bugger off if they told them they are men who need to start acting like men because they have a Y chromosome. And why wouldn't they? Very typically they have female identities.

Shad

Veteran Member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_androgen_insensitivity_syndrome

Read your own source.... Still reference chromosome of XY as male. Try again.

Again read your own source. That is a disorder not a sex. More so it follow what I said about males and females. Try again.

Oops. Speaking of people not knowing what they're talking about...

Get a dictionary... opps yourself. Read your own sources... oops. Hilarious

Definition of WOMAN

Shad

Veteran Member
I have offered rebuttals.

Via assertions, nothing more.

Many of them. I'm basically done repeating myself. Nature doesn't give one **** about how you think things should be.

Irreverent as I am using biological sex phenotype. Try again.

But I will say I've kept enough of my statements open enough that the "sloppiness" of nature also includes asexuals, species that have neither male nor female.

Which humans are not. I didn't talk about other species I was talking about TG and humans. Try again.

And then numerous species can change sex due to environmental factors.

Not Humans. Try again

Hermaphrodites and intersexuals.

Not a sex but a breakdown and disorder of human development.

The many chromosome patterns that aren't XX or XY in species that do have male/female sexual reproduction.

Which are disorders ie a problem in development in humans

It obviously is a gender as "when it was a thing" they were not regarded as men or women.

It isn't a gender. It is a male with their balls removed. Try again.

Again, yes, they have been recognized as genders in various cultures.

Which is merely primitive thinking from primitive people that couldn't figure out a man with their balls cut off is still a man. I am not impressed by stupidity nor ignorance wrapped up in "culture"

Nope. The Hijra and Two-Spirits exist and existed long before transgender appeared in Western medicine.

Not a gender nor sex.

The Bible, Quran, and Hadith make it vary obvious eunuchs were considered another gender and not considered men. Many pre-Christian religions have stories of transgender people and gods - even some Greek stories have survived the centuries.

If you think those scriptures mean anything to me in this matter you are wrong. Primitive books written by primitive people. Religion claiming X means nothing to me in general.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What brain structure would determine one's gender? In the cases where the individual is XX or XY, why should they be allowed to alter what their DNA has determined.
They can alter whatever they want.

It will never change who they physically are at the end of the day. Weither that will be different through genetic manipulation will depend on how far technology will advance, but it's still clearly a long way off.

Regardless , I do see a far future not only for sex changes, also changes for race and ethnicity as well as even new and 'creative' alterations made to the body that venture into completely new territory.