• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transgenderism

Maria Morrell

This is the point, isn't it? Who, in your view, is to decide what people should be allowed to do? Your church, I suspect.
If that is your logic, where do we draw the line? Should we stop someone from taking their own life even through they are "allowed" to do so. Well lets take that further. Would you stop a close family member or friend from taking their life even through they are allowed to do so. Because if you would stop them, then why would you not stop someone from doing something that significantly impacts their want to commit suicide?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The anatomy, brain structure and hormones directly correspond to the chromosomes. Through DNA, the body is formed as well as the chemicals within.

Well, that is part of the point. They *don't* always correspond to the chromosomes for a variety of reasons. Not all of development is determined by the DNA. The environment of the womb has a significant effect, for example.

But, in any case, the brain structures are *known* to be more like the preferred gender (and not the chromosomal gender) for those who are trans.

Orbit

I'm a planet
The anatomy, brain structure and hormones directly correspond to the chromosomes. Through DNA, the body is formed as well as the chemicals within.

No, they don't, not always. About 2% of the population is born with intersex conditions.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
A human being is born as one of two absolute genders, male or female. Some anomalies occur such as hermaphrodites, but that is not my point. Why should individuals be able to change their genders based on a feeling rather than listening to the common laws of genders. If an individual has XX as their chromosomal pair, then they are female. If they have XY, they are male. Why should they be allowed to change it.
What business of it is yours? Does their life affect you? Does it put you out?
If someone wants to live as a man or woman or a pikachu, how does that harm society? And why should you care?

Also gender is not the same as sex. And the combinations of chromosomes are far more than XX and XY. Did you fall asleep in biology class or something?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Oh, they know it, that why the idea has been abandoned. The combined increased data doesn´t support what they originally thought.
Better tell all those scientists who haven't abandoned their collection of brains in jars and pressed onto microscope slides.

Maria Morrell

What business of it is yours? Does their life affect you? Does it put you out?
If someone wants to live as a man or woman or a pikachu, how does that harm society? And why should you care?

Also gender is not the same as sex. And the combinations of chromosomes are far more than XX and XY. Did you fall asleep in biology class or something?

that's like saying that it is okay for everyone else to kill themselves because it doesn't affect me. And no I don't sleep in school. obviously there are 46 Chromosomes, 2 of which are sex chromosomes. These chromosomes can come in pairs such as XXY, XXX, XO and so on. Those cases are different. I am purely saying that in cases where someone has a set of XX or XY, they should not be allowed to identify as something other than that.

GoodbyeDave

If that is your logic, where do we draw the line? Should we stop someone from taking their own life even through they are "allowed" to do so. Well lets take that further. Would you stop a close family member or friend from taking their life even through they are allowed to do so. Because if you would stop them, then why would you not stop someone from doing something that significantly impacts their want to commit suicide?
I'm having difficulty sorting out what you're on about here! But if you are asking whether I'd stop some-one committing suicide, then it depends. If it were some-one suffering for temporary depression or despair, then naturally I'd try to dissuade them. If they were suffering from a terminal illness, then naturally I wouldn't.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Women are female, definition of the word itself, so all you are doing is ignoring the definition and making up a new one
No, I'm pointing out something that factually does happen. It is not at all my fault that biology does not play by the rules of "male or female," and "XX = female, XY = male" and people don't want to accept that. I made nothing up. You are denying reality.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
that's like saying that it is okay for everyone else to kill themselves because it doesn't affect me. And no I don't sleep in school. obviously there are 46 Chromosomes, 2 of which are sex chromosomes. These chromosomes can come in pairs such as XXY, XXX, XO and so on. Those cases are different. I am purely saying that in cases where someone has a set of XX or XY, they should not be allowed to identify as something other than that.
So, why do some groups get a "it's different" pass but not the others?

Shad

Veteran Member
No, I'm pointing out something that factually does happen.

No you are pointing out disorders and claim the disorders are a sex while ignoring how words work. All you have claimed is there are female males which is nonsensical babble.

It is not at all my fault that biology does not play by the rules of "male or female," and "XX = female, XY = male" and people don't want to accept that. I made nothing up.

You have made up a definition of not only a word but ignored phenotype sex in biology which is xx is male and xy is female and the rest are disorders.

You are denying reality.

Wrong. Try again. Less making up stuff next time

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
All you have claimed is there are female males which is nonsensical babble.
o_O
I'd like to see what kind of magic you can work to squeeze such a claim from anything I've said.
You have made up a definition of not only a word but ignored phenotype sex in biology which is xx is male and xy is female and the rest are disorders.
Just because I'm more informed and educated than you about something doesn't mean I'm making things up.
Less making up stuff next time
How about less "I don't know what is being said so it must be made up?"

Shad

Veteran Member
o_O
I'd like to see what kind of magic you can work to squeeze such a claim from anything I've said.

The definition of woman is female human while you are claiming women can be XY which is male. Pure nonsense.

Just because I'm more informed and educated than you about something doesn't mean I'm making things up.

I guess you skipped basic English along your "education" and also missed biological phenotype.

How about less "I don't know what is being said so it must be made up?"

Nope. I rather go with people use words they do not understand nor bother to look up in the dictionary then get called on their babble.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Well that didn’t answer the question of how does it affect you!

And I have witnessed the harrowing experiences of palative care wards. So I’m pro voluntarily euthanasia, provided there are mental health professionals to ensure there are precautions.
And who are you to control someone else’s identity? Are you God? Are you the king/queen of the world? What someone else identifies as is frankly none of your business.