• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transgender people cannot be godparents, says Vatican

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This is a straw-man argument. Not separating conjoined twins can lead to complication later on in life. Heart murmurs are a life-threatening condition. Being in the "wrong body" is not a threat.

Again, this is a straw-man. You had the surgery for a physical condition that could help you walk. I was talking about having surgery for esteem issues. I just realized now that bringing up my CP was completely irrelevant to my argument. All I was trying to say was that I don't feel suicidal for being disabled, therefore there is no reason why a transsexual should feel suicidal just for perceiving they have the wrong gender. That's very silly.
Gender/sex dysphoria is not a "self-esteem" issue, although it can cause self-esteem issues. It's severe distress caused by the body and the mind not being on the same page. There's the concept of the brain map. Basically, the brain "expects" the body to have a certain layout but the body doesn't follow suit. It ties into phantom limb syndrome that many amputees experience. In fact, many trans men have experienced something that's much the same, called phantom penis syndrome. This makes sense since the brain is sexually dimorphic and evidence points to the brains of transsexuals being more akin to the brains of the sex the individual identifies with. (So a male-to-female individual would have a brain that's alike a female's brain, and vice versa.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria

This causes severe anguish, depression, self-hatred and anxiety. And that's not even including how trans people are treated in society. Trans people suffer very high rates of harassment, bullying, assault, murder, discrimination, homelessness, unemployment, poverty, lack of access to healthcare, etc.
Do you think my CP is natural? I don't think so. My cerebral damage is not genetic, it happened when my oxygen supply was cut off in the womb when my mother's uterus tore. Don't you dare say that my disability is natural. I'm quite sure any dwarf would take your statement to be offensive.
You sound angry and bitter over your health issue. I'm sorry you feel that way. But you don't speak for all people with disabilities. There's many people with dwarfism who accept it as part of who they are and as natural. Peter Dinklage, for example, doesn't seem angry and bitter over having dwarfism.

If you find it that offensive and questionable and repulsive, then why are you wasting your time on it? Aren't you wasting your "pathetic time" by not even being able to put together an argument? It is an ad hominem, what you did, and it isn't a valid argument to make.
There is also the current aspect of the article, which is what they call "news." You're going to have to do much better here or you'll get chewed up. As I'm sure you can tell by now, some posts get rather long and in depth. You laughing at the OP makes me want to laugh at you for not being able conceive of any valid reason other than to go "bashing" someone under the "guise of tolerance," because it's very shallow thinking.
Offersensive, repulsive..? I never even suggested any of that. You see I don't disagree with this for moral reasons. I disagree with it for reproductive reasons. You simply cannot get a human being with the same sex. Our whole humanity depends on reproduction..

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't you dare say that my disability is natural
Your disability is natural. Once again, natural does not mean normal, the normal progression, the normal status quo. It means occurs in nature. And diseases and disorders which are not genetic or inherited, including disorders due to damages to the womb, are still part of nature.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Offersensive, repulsive..? I never even suggested any of that. You see I don't disagree with this for moral reasons. I disagree with it for reproductive reasons. You simply cannot get a human being with the same sex. Our whole humanity depends on reproduction..
A tiny minority of people not sexualy reproducing is not in any way endangering the human race. And besides, both gay and transgendered people can and do have children. Both through surrogacyour, artificial insemination and adoption (I bet you don't protest people who decide to adopt over having a kid.)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That has nothing to do with the topic, really. Many trans people are parents, even after transitioning. Most of us actually don't get genital surgery, you know. There's trans women who impregnate, and trans men who give birth.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You simply cannot get a human being with the same sex. Our whole humanity depends on reproduction..
That stopped mattering over a century ago.
There are now 7 billion of us. Fewer would be better. People who don't particularly want to add to the problem, but want to raise children, are free to adopt the ones irresponsible people birth.
Tom

A tiny minority of people not sexualy reproducing is not in any way endangering the human race. And besides, both gay and transgendered people can and do have children. Both through surrogacyour, artificial insemination and adoption (I bet you don't protest people who decide to adopt over having a kid.)
Look, you seem to miss the point it does not bother me, I have no moral disagreement about it. Have sex with whatever and whoever you want. I'm just stating that on a scientific level it makes no sense because even with insemination you still need the 3rd party male to extract the sperm from.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Look, you seem to miss the point it does not bother me, I have no moral disagreement about it. Have sex with whatever and whoever you want. I'm just stating that on a scientific level it makes no sense because even with insemination you still need the 3rd party male to extract the sperm from.
Science, why which im assuming you mean population science, doesn't care how the deed gets done. Doesn't even care if the deed gets done. The naturalism argument seems to always forget that homosexuality and blurred gender lines exists PROLIFICALLY in the animal kingdom.

I'm glad it doesn't bother you and all, but saying that science would somehow be opposed is a little tunnel visioned imo.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What exactly does this have to do with transgender people?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Are you really concerned about a small percentage of the population, including those are not gay or trans, who can't reproduce, your concerns are misplaced, as there are millions of non-breeders compared to billions of breeders.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So what? The Earth needs fewer of us.

Are you really concerned about a small percentage of the population, including those are not gay or trans, who can't reproduce, your concerns are misplaced, as there are millions of non-breeders compared to billions of breeders.
It's not a matter of being "concerned". I already told you, I don't give a duck what people do, I don't disagree on a moral stand point. Stop trying to start that argument so you can virtue signal.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Im not going to hold your hand because you can't understand my point...
I'm asking you to clarify because your point doesn't make much sense. There's many transgender people who have children "the old fashioned way". If I go off of testosterone long enough, my reproductive system will start up again and I could get knocked up. I wouldn't be the first trans guy to do that, either, not by a long shot. So what's your point?

I'm asking you to clarify because your point doesn't make much sense. There's many transgender people who have children "the old fashioned way". If I go off of testosterone long enough, my reproductive system will start up again and I could get knocked up. I wouldn't be the first trans guy to do that, either, not by a long shot. So what's your point?
Show me one case where that is true.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Show me one case where that is true.
You're being ridiculous. Learn how to Google.

thomas.jpg

tumblr_kwvjicnc3i1qazxevo1_400.jpg

Michael-Wright-baby-bumb.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/transgender-man-pregnant-female-transgender-7050883

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_pregnancy

There's a bunch of trans men in relationships with cis men and they have children together. There's many trans men in relationships with trans women and they end up having kids together, too. Etc. It's not so mysterious.

Yes, the person who has been a member for over 4 years, with almost 20,000 posts is the troll, according to the newbie who just showed up out of nowhere, can barely type English and whose post count is stuck at "3". Hmm. :rolleyes:
Haha you're making having good ratings and "a lot of posts" as a base for legitimacy? Well with that logic I guess Bill O'Reily is the wisest and most Intelligent man on the planet, anyways this argument has degraded. It's too bad.. You could've gained some insight. I heard tapatalk hadn't been taken over by the regressives yet, like Reddit, apparently I'm too late.