• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transgender people cannot be godparents, says Vatican

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't want to speak for @Shadow Wolf. She can do fine for herself.
Apparently, I'll need a mediator.
For one thing, animals do it sometimes. Not often, and almost always under odd circumstances.
From my observations, it's more often than sometimes. Just the other day I smacked my moms male cat for pinning down and trying to rape one of the other male cats. One of my brother's dogs is always trying to hump the other male dog who is also his brother. Animals in general I don't think have many concepts, level of awareness, or care or concern about many human ideas of sex. It seems about the only similarity in regards to sexuality is that animals, especially social animals, just like getting laid (especially bonobos).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Animals don't do that much. Only people do.
I also question that one because it does appear that some other animals, such as a few apes and elephants, do seem to have a sense of benevolence and gentleness to them. And depending on how you want to define morality, it could be said the omega wolf's submissiveness is an altruistic moral act because their pains and shame work to keep the pack together. And to talk about bonobos again, males who step out of line are known for being sent to "time out," where they are known for throwing tantrums and blowing off steam. So, it does seem reasonable to suggest they have a since of right and wrong, guilt and punishment. As for elephants, when the Mythbusters test the myth about elephants being afraid of mice, they actually did rule they are, but I didn't see fear but more a rather a pause over being aware of such a small creature and not wanting to step on it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Apparently, I'll need a mediator.

From my observations, it's more often than sometimes. Just the other day I smacked my moms male cat for pinning down and trying to rape one of the other male cats. One of my brother's dogs is always trying to hump the other male dog who is also his brother. Animals in general I don't think have many concepts, level of awareness, or care or concern about many human ideas of sex. It seems about the only similarity in regards to sexuality is that animals, especially social animals, just like getting laid (especially bonobos).
And I wonder how many parents were embarrassed with seeing monkeys involved in an orgy or witness male chimps performing oral sex on the other.