• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today a Franco-German Axis replaces the EU

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Oh, there are british leaders hoping for such? But of course no one in the EU.

Yet british leaders voted against the deal, a deal that the EU would have accepted. So why the contrary claims?

It isn't, but humiliating someone for wanting a guarantee for their loans is humiliation. Or do you think having a worse than nothing guarantee isn't humiliation, perhaps it's a gift...

Sometimes a nation is more important than personal sensibilities.

Yes, lots of countries to save.

You didn't answer the question

Yes, only you are responsible for the negotiations failing. Juncker avoiding discussions with May is just good for dialogue, right.

Nope, british parliament is responsible for rejecting the deal. Consider not talking until there is something to talk about, May and her cronies have dilly dallied over brexit negotiations from day 1, you cannot blame others for their time wasting.

Finland. I forget that not all people I talk to remember previous discussions as well as I do.

Considering the discussion i was referring was post #10 of this thread and

Oh, there are british leaders hoping for such? But of course no one in the EU.

Yet british leaders voted against the deal, a deal that the EU would have accepted. So why the contrary claims?

It isn't, but humiliating someone for wanting a guarantee for their loans is humiliation. Or do you think having a worse than nothing guarantee isn't humiliation, perhaps it's a gift...

Yes, lots of countries to save.

Yes, only you are responsible for the negotiations failing. Juncker avoiding discussions with May is just good for dialogue, right.

Nope, british parliament is responsible for rejecting the deal. Consider not talking until there is something to talk about, May and her cronies have dilly dallied over brexit negotiations from day 1, you cannot blame others for their time wasting.

Finland. I forget that not all people I talk to remember previous discussions as well as I do.

Considering the discussion i was referring was post #10 of this thread and read :-

You'd probably not care for the smaller economies either way. There's always a pawn to sacrifice.

It seems there is only 1 forgetting what you post.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Is it surprising that Germany is #1 if they can have the kind of rules they need? Locally other countries have to adapt to such rules that help them thrive. Doesn't seem like an argument against the big economies getting out of the EU what they want.

That is the statistics. As i said china is #1, germany #2. You griped about that so i suggested forgetting china to mollify you. And now you don't like that... So lets reject germany too and put the next in the table up to the top slot... That would be the EU. You have anything against that?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Oh and regarding to me defending Soros I just used the search function.

"Uh oh! Unfortunately, we couldn't find any results for Soros user:"Flankerl,".
Try checking your spelling or entering another query."

Probably a Jewish conspiracy.

We Italian Souverainists are for the United Europe, but on pre-Maastricht conditions. A Union that outlaws the Troika.

It's the creation of the Fourth Reich that made UK exit.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That is the statistics. As i said china is #1, germany #2. You griped about that so i suggested forgetting china to mollify you. And now you don't like that... So lets reject germany too and put the next in the table up to the top slot... That would be the EU. You have anything against that?

You still think this Franco-German Alliance is acceptable?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
France and Germany sign a bilateral treaty which not only makes France a direct vassal of Germany but turns all other state-members into vavassors.
shttps://www.ecfr.eu/podcasts/episode/the_aachen_treaty_a_closer_franco_german_relationship

But yes...this should convince Britain to remain? To serve the Franco-German superstate?
HA HA

I couldn't access the link. It seems it requires a subscription.

I did notice that the World Economic Forum is being held this week in Switzerland, although a few key players aren't showing up. Davos no-shows reflect the world in a state of crisis - CNN

Yet Trump's decision to remain at home with the rest of the US delegation reflects the world in a state of crisis.

British Prime Minister Theresa May called off her visit after suffering a stinging defeat on Brexit. French President Emmanuel Macron, who is struggling to stop street protests, is also skipping the forum. Neither Chinese President Xi Jinping, who is grappling with a slowing economy, nor Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is fighting for a second term, will be making an appearance.

This being Davos, other national leaders are ready to step into the limelight. Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is making the trip, and so are Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil and Angela Merkel of Germany.

They will have plenty of challenges to discuss. Climate change is wreaking havoc, the global economy is slowing sharply, and central banks may not be in position to respond effectively if there's a big recession.

So, it looks like everyone is worried about something or other.

I think what's funny about all of this is that, 20-30 years ago, a lot of these same people and governments were touting globalization and free trade as if it was the dawn of a new era - and an end to all the old ways of thinking. They thought it was going to bring about all kinds of wonderful things - a "new world order" or a new "thousand-year reich" or whatever they might have called it. Now, just a few short decades later, it's starting to unravel.

So, I wouldn't worry too much about any sort of Franco-German Axis. That won't last either.

Jumi

So again: What are the German policies that directly affected rising prices in France?

If you didn't mean that just write so.
Yep. Like I said it's a wrong assumption.

Probably a Jewish conspiracy.
Funny thing, in my country there are two Jews in parliament (probably the largest % in any country comparing to population), one is an old conservative bourgeois-type, not even the antisemitists find fault in him. :D The other one got elected on an a nationalist anti-immigration platform... so much for Soros.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I couldn't access the link. It seems it requires a subscription.

I did notice that the World Economic Forum is being held this week in Switzerland, although a few key players aren't showing up. Davos no-shows reflect the world in a state of crisis - CNN

So, it looks like everyone is worried about something or other.

I think what's funny about all of this is that, 20-30 years ago, a lot of these same people and governments were touting globalization and free trade as if it was the dawn of a new era - and an end to all the old ways of thinking. They thought it was going to bring about all kinds of wonderful things - a "new world order" or a new "thousand-year reich" or whatever they might have called it. Now, just a few short decades later, it's starting to unravel.

So, I wouldn't worry too much about any sort of Franco-German Axis. That won't last either.

As for Davos, it's Soros ' and others' presence (constantly demonized by Italy, Hungary and Russia- and rightfully so) that dissuaded many leaders from joining the WEF.

Not to mention that Steve Bannon, now residing in Rome has launched a political campaign against Davos and what it stands for.

As for the new Aachen treaty...it's the final argument that will definitively convince the British to exit this looney German dictatorship

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yep. Like I said it's a wrong assumption.

Funny thing, in my country there are two Jews in parliament (probably the largest % in any country comparing to population), one is an old conservative bourgeois-type, not even the antisemitists find fault in him. :D The other one got elected on an a nationalist anti-immigration platform... so much for Soros.
I was sarcastic btw...Soros is hated even in Israel

Jumi

It doesn't matter. You think every country benefits from being in the eurozone? I'm not anti-EU even, though the odds do stack against economies that are not like Germany and with their own situations.

What's the content of the deal? It's right snubbing your prime minister because you think she's a crony and avoiding discussions between the top people. That's always helpful adult behavior for leaders of countries.

How do you imagine your comment making sense here?

Which question is that?

You sure have rosy colored glasses view of the EU. I salute you. While I think your government handled things badly, and mine also doesn't mean the EU is doing a good job being the supposed adult in the room. Oh well, my country is going to be "guiding" EU on your Brexit year, what great things our governments will mess up next is anyone's guess.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
It doesn't matter. You think every country benefits from being in the eurozone? I'm not anti-EU even, though the odds do stack against economies that are not like Germany and with their own situations.

It seems to matter to you enough to gripe at facts

Yes, every country in the EU benefits in various ways.

What's the content of the deal? It's right snubbing your prime minister because you think she's a crony and avoiding discussions between the top people. That's always helpful adult behavior for leaders of countries.

There has been plenty of time for discussion, walking out in a huff when the discussion does not go your way is adult how?

How do you imagine your comment making sense here?

It seems you have a compression blockage. If you consider individual sensibilities above nations, well that may me your problem

You sure have rosy colored glasses view of the EU. I salute you. While I think your government handled things badly, and mine also doesn't mean the EU is doing a good job being the supposed adult in the room. Oh well, my country is going to be "guiding" EU on your Brexit year, what great things our governments will mess up next is anyone's guess.

It is doing a better job than not existing.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
quite the opposite and you do know it
Pretty much everyone with any respect for facts and awareness of the current privileges that the UK enjoys while still a part of the EU actually knows that UK is emolating its own entrails (economically speaking) with Brexit.

I was very surprised when I learned how much. The Leavers come out looking more than a little bit delusional and ingrateful once one pursues the actual facts.

I agree with the commenter who said that the one silver lining is that Brexit ought to teach the British some humility. Apparently that humility is sorely needed already, and has been for some time.

Jumi

It seems to matter to you enough to gripe at facts
Your belief noted.

Yes, every country in the EU benefits in various ways.
I'd say my country is currently in the minus though there are some positives, like more guarantee that we won't get attacked by Russia. Though if we left, I'm sure the EU would handle it like they handled the Greek "loan" guarantees.

There has been plenty of time for discussion, walking out in a huff when the discussion does not go your way is adult how?
Exactly. Though it seems to be better for you if someone from the EU does it than your own people?

It seems you have a compression blockage. If you consider individual sensibilities above nations, well that may me your problem
It seems you misunderstand. It's not individual sensibilities and I couldn't care less if it didn't have consequences. It's making a deal worse with dishonesty.

It is doing a better job than not existing.
Well I have some hopes still. Though not admitting problems and belief in eurosupremacy seems to stop discussion of problems right away. Not that the euroskeptics mostly are that much better.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Your belief noted.

No need to note, its based on your posts as published above

I'd say my country is currently in the minus though there are some positives, like more guarantee that we won't get attacked by Russia. Though if we left, I'm sure the EU would handle it like they handled the Greek "loan" guarantees.

That is one fantastic positive.

Exactly. Though it seems to be better for you if someone from the EU does it than your own people?

Better for me? I dont give a toss who does it so long as it gets rid of uncertainty and is, in the long term, beneficial for all.

It seems you misunderstand. It's not individual sensibilities and I couldn't care less if it didn't have consequences. It's making a deal worse with dishonesty.

Ok i thought you said "It isn't, but humiliating someone for wanting a guarantee for their loans is humiliation. Or do you think having a worse than nothing guarantee isn't humiliation, perhaps it's a gift..."

Oh right, you did.

Well I have some hopes still. Though not admitting problems and belief in eurosupremacy seems to stop discussion of problems right away. Not that the euroskeptics mostly are that much better.

I have never said there are not problems, i believe overall that the benefits outweigh the problems. You said yourself, it keeps russia at bay, that is one huge benefit.

Jumi

No need to note, its based on your posts as published above
Your desire to interpret as you will is noted.

That is one fantastic positive.
True. That gets us through many slaps in the face and the EU knows it. :)

Better for me? I dont give a toss who does it so long as it gets rid of uncertainty and is, in the long term, beneficial for all.
EU will not get rid of uncertainty any more than a church will. It's up to the believer to dispell their own doubts.

Ok i thought you said "It isn't, but humiliating someone for wanting a guarantee for their loans is humiliation. Or do you think having a worse than nothing guarantee isn't humiliation, perhaps it's a gift..."
You misunderstood that one pretty hard. Just replace it with "some country" if you can't understand what I was writing.

Oh right, you did.
I will try to avoid non-literal expressions in English with you in the future. Seems like a mess to explain these things to you. Good thing that English won't be part of the EU official languages soon enough? ;)

I have never said there are not problems, i believe overall that the benefits outweigh the problems. You said yourself, it keeps russia at bay, that is one huge benefit.
It is, now if only we could get out of the euro and get back our better education system which was lowered to "parity" with EU.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Your desire to interpret as you will is noted.

True. That gets us through many slaps in the face and the EU knows it. :)

EU will not get rid of uncertainty any more than a church will. It's up to the believer to dispell their own doubts.

You misunderstood that one pretty hard. Just replace it with "some country" if you can't understand what I was writing.

I will try to avoid non-literal expressions in English with you in the future. Seems like a mess to explain these things to you. Good thing that English won't be part of the EU official languages soon enough? ;)

It is, now if only we could get out of the euro and get back our better education system which was lowered to "parity" with EU.

Ive had enough of this, you know sweet fanny adams about the uncertainty brexit is forcing on millions of europeans living in the uk and vice versa. When one does not know whether their families will be displaced, that is uncertainty.

You can avoid making up bs all you want, i am done with your deeply fantastical self belief.