• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today a Franco-German Axis replaces the EU

Spiderman

Veteran Member
France and Germany sign a bilateral treaty which not only makes France a direct vassal of Germany but turns all other state-members into vavassaors.

But yes...this should convince Britain to remain? To serve the Franco-German superstate?
HA HA
Are you talking about Francisco Franco. He's actually my favorite Dictator of all time.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I hope so!

That's awesome that Germany has come so far out of the rubble it became in the two greatest wars in history.
Yeah-..btw we were Britain's allies in the 20s-30s....it's bad we ended up being the Nazis' vassals :(:p

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I

I'd rather the UK be working in a triumvirate with France & Germany
A triumvirate would imply that UK becomes a Berlin's vassal.
Being out of the EU for Britain means to strengthen the Commonwealth and to open to big commercial potentialities
British GDP will double

Altfish

Veteran Member
quite the opposite and you do know it
Sorry, I don't.
A history lesson...

Before joining the EU the UK was described as "The poor man of Europe" virtually every nation in Europe was performing better than the UK.
As we approach leaving we are/were one of the best performing nations. It isn't a coincidence that the UK's rise has coincided with EU membership.

Jumi

The UK on leaving the EU will become a small economy.
Living in one of the big economies, you don't seem to have a sense of proportion. Of course the EU will punish you whether you leave or come back, it's to be expected. I've long believed that Germany and France when deciding things for us never had the slightest care about how it would affect us smaller nations. In the EU, Brits have always put some kind of damper on their game, for our benefit although it was from selfish motivations.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Sorry, I don't.
A history lesson...

Before joining the EU the UK was described as "The poor man of Europe" virtually every nation in Europe was performing better than the UK.
As we approach leaving we are/were one of the best performing nations. It isn't a coincidence that the UK's rise has coincided with EU membership.
We're speaking of the 80s before Maastricht when Britain had great leaders like Thatcher and a very selective immigration system.

Btw Angela Hitler and his puppet Macron are digging their grave with their own hands.
This treaty would push us Italians to react very fiercely and we will use this argument to strengthen the Brexit convictions

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Living in one of the big economies, you don't seem to have a sense of proportion. Of course the EU will punish you whether you leave or come back, it's to be expected. I've long believed that Germany and France when deciding things for us never had the slightest care about how it would affect us smaller nations. In the EU, Brits have always put some kind of damper on their game, for our benefit although it was from selfish motivations.
We must not forget that Hungary a very new EU member state is standing the worst humiliations because of this anti-Orban campaign

Altfish

Veteran Member
Sorry, but I don't know where you live, so cannot comment.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You'd probably not care for the smaller economies either way. There's always a pawn to sacrifice.

Before the uk joined the eu it had a poor economy, poor export performance due to antique working practices and a huge negative balance of payments (so much so the government scrapped its publication)

Since the brexit vote the uk economy is once again shrinking and assuming a no deal exit those living in britain can look forward to shortages last seen during and just after WW2

How small must an economy be?