• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tired of Christian Guilt

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
Thanks for the reply. I am seeing someone currently, but I am on the less medication cycle. See they tend to call what I have Bi-Polar or a form of schizophrenia. The meds are horrible. I have had the religious hallucinations for over 30 years...stemming from my days as a failed Jesus Freak in the 70's. Pot was good but the dogma sucked, could not get it.

I was hoping to find like minded sufferers here and do some self therepy:angel2:

They? Who is they? The doctors?

You must consider that if you are having hallucinations and paranoia (which is how I would classify what you said about not being able to look people in the eye because they expect something from you, or you perceive they do) then perhaps you are bi-polar or schizophrenic.

Searching for support is great, but I wouldn't stop taking your medication or alter the cycle of meds that a licensed mental health care professional has given you in defferance to the self-therapy of some person on an internet forum.

Wornout

King Crimson

You must consider that if you are having hallucinations and paranoia (which is how I would classify what you said about not being able to look people in the eye because they expect something from you, or you perceive they do) then perhaps you are bi-polar or schizophrenic.

Searching for support is great, but I wouldn't stop taking your medication or alter the cycle of meds that a licensed mental health care professional has given you in defferance to the self-therapy of some person on an internet forum.

Doctors are who I was referring to. I joined RF to actually (at some point) give the details of my perceptions(paranoia?). I have been at this a while and have been told by my new Dr. that what I am seeing/experiencing may very well have some truths and that she would not dismiss the episodes as hallucinations. She advised me not to chase my visions, which I do not.

Thus the anti-religion status, especially Christianity.

It would be reassuring to talk, even if on a forum. Maybe a different one than
the Debate Forum?

PEACE)(

Wornout

King Crimson

I was referring to "THEY" as doctors. I joined RF to actually (at some point) give the details of my perceptions(paranoia?). I have been at this a while and have been told by my new Dr. that what I am seeing/experiencing may very well have some truths and that she would not dismiss the episodes as hallucinations. She advised me not to chase my visions, which I do not.

Thus the anti-religion status, especially Christianity.

It would be reassuring to talk, even if on a forum. Maybe a different one than
the Debate Forum?

PEACE)(

Erebus

Having abandoned Christianity myself because of how awful it made me feel, I can definitely recommend Ultraviolet's advice. It works a treat if you've got the stones for it :D

In the immortal words of wednesday 13 "You don't need luck when you don't give a ****"

paolops181

God rules!
As long as I can remember I have been fighting Christianity. I now call myself an agnostic or non believer. I suffer from seeing signs of end times in all most all that I do, see or hear. It always comes down to the same thing, I am being judged and I need to do something... I have become anti religion. I am tired of trying to pray because I do not really believe in a Christ or someone I need to kneel down to...
If anyone wants to debate or talk, I have lots to say, not all good, but true @ least in my mind.

For it is written:
“ I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.” -1cor.1:19:confused:

Wornout

King Crimson
Having abandoned Christianity myself because of how awful it made me feel, I can definitely recommend Ultraviolet's advice. It works a treat if you've got the stones for it :D

In the immortal words of wednesday 13 "You don't need luck when you don't give a ****"

I am not held to Christian beliefs per say. it is just that I get these visions, regardless of what I do. I have a laundry list of things I need to meet head on.
Number one: Sexulaity, I have none. Been married 36 years of which the last 6 have been sexless. Stones?
PEACE)(

1am1ion

Now, it may be true that Christians need the fear of life without Jehovah to make them behave like humans, but many others can do quite nicely just operating on the Golden Rule - you know, the one we learned from the Egyptians, the Sumerians, the Zoroastrians, the Hindus, the Bhuddists... I'm sure you get the gist here?

As for the idea that we choose to find a life without God, you seem to totally forget the whole 'Original Sin' thing - you forget that because some dude many thousands of years ago failed to pass a test set by a rather diabolical 'superior' being who knew he would fail it anyway but went right ahead with it in spite of that, we are all now automatically born in sin and doomed for hell.

Seems like 'WE' didn't choose it after all - your 'god' set a trap then used the results to make sure nobody would ever be innocent ever again unless they follow a very specific set of rules and perform abject worship of the guy who set the trap in the first place.

blackout

Violet.
I am not held to Christian beliefs per say. it is just that I get these visions, regardless of what I do. I have a laundry list of things I need to meet head on.
Number one: Sexulaity, I have none. Been married 36 years of which the last 6 have been sexless. Stones?
PEACE)(

Could you describe a vision or two?

What do you feel is the reason for your sexless marriage.
Does religion have anything to do with it?
Is it you? Her? Both of you?
What specifically.
Breaking it down may help determine how you should take aim. ;)

Wornout

King Crimson

Could you describe a vision or two?

What do you feel is the reason for your sexless marriage.
Does religion have anything to do with it?
Is it you? Her? Both of you?
What specifically.
Breaking it down may help determine how you should take aim. ;)

There was some infidelity on my part, a one time drunk thing. Every since we have failed to be intament. We have since grown very close in a different way. (too complicated to discuss here).

Religion is a topic that we do not discuss much, unless it is from my problems with it. She is a Christian (Believes in Jesus/God) and feels bad for me. She does not attend church, etc.
I have tried seeing a therapist with no results... (Again probably for another forum)
Anyway, loneliness, sexually affects us both on top of the religious crap.
May no longer be an option for us.

Wornout

King Crimson
Now, it may be true that Christians need the fear of life without Jehovah to make them behave like humans, but many others can do quite nicely just operating on the Golden Rule - you know, the one we learned from the Egyptians, the Sumerians, the Zoroastrians, the Hindus, the Bhuddists... I'm sure you get the gist here?

As for the idea that we choose to find a life without God, you seem to totally forget the whole 'Original Sin' thing - you forget that because some dude many thousands of years ago failed to pass a test set by a rather diabolical 'superior' being who knew he would fail it anyway but went right ahead with it in spite of that, we are all now automatically born in sin and doomed for hell.

Seems like 'WE' didn't choose it after all - your 'god' set a trap then used the results to make sure nobody would ever be innocent ever again unless they follow a very specific set of rules and perform abject worship of the guy who set the trap in the first place.

Living in Fear is what they thrive on, it makes them who they are: Conservative Christian Right!