• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Threesomes?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Threesomes aren't my style, but I agree with Flappycat and others that if three people can make one work, they ought to pin medals on them, or at least draft them into the diplomatic corps. Given all the work I know goes into a twosome relationship, it boggles my mind to consider how much would be needed for a threesome to succeed.

Aqualung

Tasty
Booko said:
A general unsolicted note to everyone, pointed at no one in particular:

Very true, and not like anyone asked me, but I think it does us all good to assume that when someone writes something like that, without the usual qualifiers, maybe they were just in a hurry or tired or whatever, or maybe they're a slow typist, so please just mentally stick the qualifiers in there yourself, or at least ask before assuming it was meant to apply to everyone.

It keeps peace on the boards and everyone's blood pressure down. It's a rare thing when people really mean to apply things universally like that, and the few who do so, it's pretty easy to figure them out reading a couple of weeks of posting.

If you haven't gotten this laid back online yet, well gosh, it only took me 15 years (and some coaching) to figure this out. :eek:
Thank you! Michel seems particularly quick to point me out in that sort of thing, so it's great that somebody else seems to think it's a bit rediculous, as well! :clap

Draka

Wonder Woman
Sunstone said:
Threesomes aren't my style, but I agree with Flappycat and others that if three people can make one work, they ought to pin medals on them, or at least draft them into the diplomatic corps. Given all the work I know goes into a twosome relationship, it boggles my mind to consider how much would be needed for a threesome to succeed.

I think that anyone that can pull off a working polyamorous relationship has got to be one of the nicest, most reasonable people to ever meet. They'd have to be. They couldn't be a jealous or nit-picking individual could they? They'd just about have to be laid back and easy going with plenty of love to go around. If they can make it work, more power to them and congratulations.

A

angellous_evangellous

Draka said:
I think that anyone that can pull off a working polyamorous relationship has got to be one of the nicest, most reasonable people to ever meet. They'd have to be. They couldn't be a jealous or nit-picking individual could they? They'd just about have to be laid back and easy going with plenty of love to go around. If they can make it work, more power to them and congratulations.

I wonder if someone in a polyamourous (I love that word BTW) relationship would tolerate just any ol' person being welcome into the sexual circle of friends. :rolleyes:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
angellous_evangellous said:
I wonder if someone in a polyamourous (I love that word BTW) relationship would tolerate just any ol' person being welcome into the sexual circle of friends. :rolleyes:

I don't imagine so. I imagine that people would have their own 'standards' as to whether they would have someone into such a circle.

Draka

Wonder Woman
angellous_evangellous said:

Considering it's not a "sexual circle of friends" I wuld imagine not. What I'm saying is that they are open individuals who have plenty of love to go around to those they are involved with and can understand that some of those they love have love for someone else as well. They have caring all around. It doesn't mean that they will stand for someone outside their relationship to intrude, but that they aren't inherently a possessive and jealous person.