• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those who don't believe in hell

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So you think God is merciful by ordering Moses to kill the disbelievers since you didn't say
he was evil for doing so, also people dying by earthquakes which God the all powerful
can prevent it from happening is still merciful.

Why do you think in the afterlife God will be different than what he was during Moses era?

Your question about the general death is irrelevant as earthquakes kills many people at one strike
which can be preventable by God's power.
Has it occurred to you that God's ordering of the killing of some people is God being merciful to FUTURE people that those being ordered to kill will kill?

jonathan180iq

I'm 100% that you can't throw a football to the moon
But how do you KNOW? Have you ever seen me try?

Because it is a fact that we can't do it.
Based on what? We send things to the moon all the time. How do you know I can't send a football by throwing it?

No i didn't and i won't think that you can do it.
Yes- but why not?

Yes of course i won't believe that you did it.

I can't see how your questions are related as God can't be tested.

You would require physical evidence for my ability to throw a football to the moon, right? Then why don't you use that same level of discernment when it comes to mythological places of torture? Why don't you require physical evidence of Hell in the same way that you require me to prove that I can throw a football to the moon?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Do you really think that an order to extinguish anyone is because of his not believing?

"And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel. And the LORD said unto Moses, 'Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.'" (Numbers 25:3-4)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
How much you are sure that you're right ?

Are you 100% sure that the hell fire doesn't exist and if yes then why ?

I am 100% sure. It just makes sense. No theological mental jumping jacks. We do not know what happens after we die. We can believe. We can guess. We can have hope. We can say maybe. The Fact that there is no other way of knowing but to die and once dead, thats it...its like hell is people trying to cope with not being punished for their bad deeds...in order to look forward to heaven for their good. Its purely based on human needs. For it to be a fact, it should not need our belief in it to exist. It should be self existant.

I believe physical death is like before we are born. We are gone. I choose to believe the spirits I have seen are the passing of those who are not at rest.

Our choices. Our beliefs. Our religions. Dont make anything true/fact. Thats not a bad thing. Some accept they live by a belief others mistake belief for fact.

Hell is one of the major ones I dont get. At least with god, we know in some way its an experience. With hell, to say there is such a thing is like knowing (not believing) you will live after death. That is claiming to known uncertainty.

Actualy, thats odd in itself. To know what we are not uncertain of. Big claim. Based on fact, no. Aka not true.

Did you think for awhile that the hell fire may exist ?

No.

Will you feel regret if you found yourself in the hell fire afterlife or you won't care about it ?

Whose hell? Id be more upset with the Avichi hell because that means all the time I tried to live as a Buddha, my mind hasnt got there yet. It starts with the mind and ends with the mind.

Hellfire is so unreal and movie like that I wouldnt be thinking religion if it happened. Id just be scared and shocked.

But, assuming that I am still human and can experience such things without having a body and mind.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel. And the LORD said unto Moses, 'Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.'" (Numbers 25:3-4)
That is right. Why isn't it, according to you?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You would require physical evidence for my ability to throw a football to the moon, right? Then why don't you use that same level of discernment when it comes to mythological places of torture? Why don't you require physical evidence of Hell in the same way that you require me to prove that I can throw a football to the moon?

Without physical evidence then you don't believe that God does exist as well, then you believe that all things
have been created by itself due to coincidences, right. IOW it was the result of the unconscious nature.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Without physical evidence then you don't believe that God does exist as well, then you believe that all things
have been created by itself due to coincidences, right. IOW it was the result of the unconscious nature.
But, the existence of God doesn't prove the existence of hell, does it?

Akivah

Why do you think in the afterlife God will be different than what he was during Moses era?

G-d rescued the Jewish people from 400 years of slavery and provided the Torah for us during the Moses era. G-d has a good track record.

Your question about the general death is irrelevant as earthquakes kills many people at one strike which can be preventable by God's power.

Are earthquakes immoral? Which manner of death do you consider to be good and moral?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
G-d rescued the Jewish people from 400 years of slavery and provided the Torah for us during the Moses era. G-d has a good track record.

Are earthquakes immoral? Which manner of death do you consider to be good and moral?
Is playing favorites with the Jewish people a good thing?