• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those who don't believe in hell

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
We can't decide who deserves the hell, a pastor and an Imam can be in the hell as well,
it depends more in our deeds than what we believe in.
No, we can decide. . .

Coming from a family of medicine for lots of genarations,I have monitored lots of maniacs who deserve no hell but rehab,if possible. They were telling me that they simply loved a bleeding face torn into pieces. Were they so called demons? Sure not, it was just the brain working not very well. Think about the kleptomaniacs who steal for nothing,just because their brain orders to do so far.

We never question a mongoloid as devil, do we? We perfectly know that,that brain is not doing well.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I am certain that some of scripture is being misunderstood so I shall assume that scripture about hell is being misunderstood also.
I believe that hell which holy people wrote about is real. I do not know what it is. I do know that it is not a place of torture. God is love.

God is love doesn't make sense to me as the reality shows that God can be severe in punishment.

MARCELLO

I don't see the connection. It's more to do with less sunlight and culture of keeping your problems to yourself.
Don't accuse sunlight,you have plenty of lamps. There cannot be a culture advising suicide.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
There is no proof that a fiery afterlife exists with pitchforks, boiling crap and being flayed alive. If there was proof I might be less than 100% sure.

Do you have a proof that God and the hell fire doesn't exist the same way that we don't have a proof for the contrary?

No, but I wished for a time that there would be one (though not permanent) for some bad people. I since overcame that wish.

Wishing is different than thinking and is different than what the reality will be.

Regret? No, but I would be surprised at the evil creature that sent good people to eternal torture.

So you'll feel disappointed to know that God was evil and you won't feel regret for what'll happen to you.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
How much you are sure that you're right ?
are you 100% sure that the hell fire doesn't exist and if yes then why ?

Did you think for awhile that the hell fire may exist ?

Will you feel regret if you found yourself in the hell fire afterlife or you won't care about it ?
I do not believe in a "Hell" of fire. I think there's a place where cowards and petty individuals go, but it's not hot, nor is it a place that was designed by the Gods.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
99.999999999% There is a very remote possibility that I am wrong, but it's extremely unlikely.
I've seen too much, FearGod. I think of all the incredible adventures I have had in my journey through inner reality and conclude that hell is a figment of many people's imaginations.

I don't think I have ever believed in any form of Hell.

Will you feel regret if you found yourself in the hell fire afterlife or you won't care about it ?
What a silly question. I'd probably become an activist and organize fellow hell dweller to launch an assault on the so-called heavens to put god on trial for his actions.

What really may fry your bacon is the fact that I don't think I've ever known anyone in real life who was a strong believer in Hell or HellFire. Honest. If they did, they certainly never talked about it. Then again, I have always lived in a pristine part of the planet where atheism is rampant.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
No one can be 100% sure about a concept such as this, but, using God's gift of reason/logic, it seems incredibly counter-intuitive that a place like hell could exist as a place of punishment. I don't see God as being cruel and/or petty enough to create a place for that purpose. I do think that one man's heaven is another man's hell, if that makes sense.
I have trouble making myself consider it as an option, but anything is possible I guess.

I'm not sure the relevance of this question. If hell does exist, anyone there will feel regret about being there. So, it seems that this is pointless question.

Akivah

If God is merciful the way you believe it to be then why many people died and will die by earthquakes and by other
means, why God ordered Moses to kill people who were against him, do you think your God is a violent
in one specific time but not in the afterlife, if so then why you think God will be nice and kind in the afterlife ?

G-d said that humans days would be numbered, that we will die. Why do you think humans should live forever without dying? Should other life forms (e.g. animals or plants) also be immortal? What would be the effect if no one or nothing ever died?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Are you sure that I can't throw a football to the moon?
How sure are you?

I'm 100% that you can't throw a football to the moon

Are you 100% sure that I can't throw a football to the moon? If yes, then why?

Because it is a fact that we can't do it.

Did you think for a while that I could throw a football to the moon?

No i didn't and i won't think that you can do it.

Will you feel silly if you found out that I could throw a football to the moon after doubting me?

Yes of course i won't believe that you did it.

I can't see how your questions are related as God can't be tested.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No, we can decide. . .

Coming from a family of medicine for lots of genarations,I have monitored lots of maniacs who deserve no hell but rehab,if possible. They were telling me that they simply loved a bleeding face torn into pieces. Were they so called demons? Sure not, it was just the brain working not very well. Think about the kleptomaniacs who steal for nothing,just because their brain orders to do so far.

We never question a mongoloid as devil, do we? We perfectly know that,that brain is not doing well.

And who told you that they'll be in the hell fire, we aren't the ones to decide.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
G-d said that humans days would be numbered, that we will die. Why do you think humans should live forever without dying? Should other life forms (e.g. animals or plants) also be immortal? What would be the effect if no one or nothing ever died?

And it's moral and merciful that your prophet Moses were ordered to kill the disbelievers ?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I could be wrong about just about anything, I suppose. I just don't believe any kind of hell exists, and I don't have reason to. This is just one of those things that nobody could possibly know until they've died. I've tried to live a good life as a good person, so I'll have to hope for the best, I guess.

You could be just as wrong about the hundreds of religions you reject just as much as anybody else.
What are you going to do when you end up in Hades without enough money to pay the boat man?

Last edited:

Jumi

Do you have a proof that God and the hell fire doesn't exist the same way that we don't have a proof for the contrary?
Do you have proof that @jonathan180iq can't throw a football to the moon?

Wishing is different than thinking and is different than what the reality will be.
And hell is a wish.

So you'll feel disappointed to know that God was evil and you won't feel regret for what'll happen to you.
It won't happen though.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
99.999999999% There is a very remote possibility that I am wrong, but it's extremely unlikely.

So you're about 100% that the hell doesn't exist, but what is the evidence that makes you that sure ? i can't be
100% sure that the hell does exist, but how you ?

I've seen too much, FearGod. I think of all the incredible adventures I have had in my journey through inner reality and conclude that hell is a figment of many people's imaginations.

But what's your proof, you think it's the people's imagination but how can you prove that it's only people's imagination ?

I don't think I have ever believed in any form of Hell.

Yes since you're approx 100% sure that the hell doesn't exist

What a silly question. I'd probably become an activist and organize fellow hell dweller to launch an assault on the so-called heavens to put god on trial for his actions.

Do you think you can ? :)

What really may fry your bacon is the fact that I don't think I've ever known anyone in real life who was a strong believer in Hell or HellFire. Honest. If they did, they certainly never talked about it. Then again, I have always lived in a pristine part of the planet where atheism is rampant.

So you believe what they believe

MARCELLO

Lamps don't work for vitamin D production like sunlight does. There is no culture advising suicide.
Are you sure??? There are plenty of cultures advocating for it,just google it dear. But,sure don't do it.

Akivah

And it's moral and merciful that your prophet Moses were ordered to kill the disbelievers ?

G-d has many attributes, among them mercy and judgement. We are told different things for different circumstances. But this question has no relevance to your afterlife OP.

Plus you didn't answer my questions that are related to your OP. Do you believe that no one or nothing should ever die?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
G-d has many attributes, among them mercy and judgement. We are told different things for different circumstances. But this question has no relevance to your afterlife OP.

Plus you didn't answer my questions that are related to your OP. Do you believe that no one or nothing should ever die?

So you think God is merciful by ordering Moses to kill the disbelievers since you didn't say
he was evil for doing so, also people dying by earthquakes which God the all powerful
can prevent it from happening is still merciful.

Why do you think in the afterlife God will be different than what he was during Moses era?

Your question about the general death is irrelevant as earthquakes kills many people at one strike
which can be preventable by God's power.