• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those who don't believe in hell

David1967

Premium Member
I'm 100% sure that a place of eternal torture in the afterlife doesn't exist. The G-d I worship isn't illogical nor psychotic. The G-d I worship is merciful and compassionate.
I agree with you....and hope you are correct.

Jumi

We can't find a physical evidence for both.
There are many claims that there is no physical evidence or other convincing evidence. The many different types of hells that have been proposed by different religions among them. My ancestors believed that when we died we roam about in a shadowy afterlife where nothing is as good as on earth. Do you have proof this is not true?

jonathan180iq

But you believe that nothingness was the origin of everything.
No. I've never seen any evidence that "nothing" has ever been a state of existence. Factually, there has always been something.

I believe that natural phenomena such as gravity, day and night ..etc is a great work of the nature, i mean
a great coincidences that made life possible on earth.
Wonderful - So does this provide evidence of an "unconscious nature"? They're simply natural phenomena. If you attribute the idea of God behind any of it, I'm simply asking why.

All is about the unseen, God, the hell and how the universe started from nothingness.
Yeah - so when we don't know the answer to something, do you propose that we just fill in the gaps with fanciful stories of magic deities and imaginary realms?

Did i say that i'm 100% sure about the hell ? you're the one speaking with confident that you're right, my point that everything
can be possible including the things that we think it isn't, of course i'm talking about the unseen and not the football.
You don't have to. If you believe in Hell at all, I just want to know why.
Why do you believe in Hell and not in The Elysian Fields, for example?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
There are many claims that there is no physical evidence or other convincing evidence. The many different types of hells that have been proposed by different religions among them. My ancestors believed that when we died we roam about in a shadowy afterlife where nothing is as good as on earth. Do you have proof this is not true?

And maybe the afterlife is wonderful and amazing and a reality, yes we don't have any evidence
for what will be after life.

Useless2015

No,
Jews do not have hell because hell was invented long after Judaism.
Tom

It's called the wrath of God in the Old Testament;)

He said: "I am going to tell you what will happen later in the time of wrath, because the vision concerns the appointed time of the end.

At first I was confused but then I remembered that you are Muslim. Suddenly everything made sense.

Explain? o_O

Draka

Wonder Woman
How much you are sure that you're right ?
are you 100% sure that the hell fire doesn't exist and if yes then why ?
Yep. I have found no reason to believe such.

Did you think for awhile that the hell fire may exist ?
Nope.

Will you feel regret if you found yourself in the hell fire afterlife or you won't care about it ?
Highly doubtful, but how would I know? And what would it matter at that point anyway?

Akivah

A good track record !, What about the people who were killed because of Moses?

What about them?

God can prevent it from happening, simply saying that God is always merciful doesn't make sense.
I never said that G-d is always merciful, I said that one of G-d's attributes is mercy.

How come you don't answer questions? For the third time, what manner of death do you consider moral?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is what I was referring to. Seems like a stretch, as there is no mention of it in the passage in question. Seems more like God was spiteful.
From before the beginning of humankind God purposed to convey God's will by God's son. Nothing can stop that because it is the will of God. If something might stop that God will eliminate the hazard. HOW do you know that the OT scriptures about the destruction of human life is not about that? How do you know?

Parsimony

How much you are sure that you're right ?
are you 100% sure that the hell fire doesn't exist and if yes then why ?

Did you think for awhile that the hell fire may exist ?

Will you feel regret if you found yourself in the hell fire afterlife or you won't care about it ?
Are you 100% sure that the Protestant interpretation of Hell doesn't exist? Did you think for a while that it may exist? Would you feel regret if you found yourself in the Protestant version of Hell because you rejected Jesus' death on the cross as an atonement for your sins?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
What about them?

Was it moral to kill them per God's order.

I never said that G-d is always merciful, I said that one of G-d's attributes is mercy.

And fierce anger is another one as well

How come you don't answer questions? For the third time, what manner of death do you consider moral?

I said to you which death can be moral

"And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel. And the LORD said unto Moses, 'Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.'" (Numbers 25:3-4)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Are you 100% sure that the Protestant interpretation of Hell doesn't exist? Did you think for a while that it may exist? Would you feel regret if you found yourself in the Protestant version of Hell because you rejected Jesus' death on the cross as an atonement for your sins?

I didn't mention a specific religion but about the hell as punishment.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It's called the wrath of God in the Old Testament
No, that was more like getting leprosy or being invaded by Assyrians or something ;) Nothing about post humus Judgement.
The fact remains, hell is a newfangled invention compared to the oldest Jewish scriptures. I don't even think Jesus believed in it. I think He saw extra punishment and reward for especially extreme people, but not the blanket judgement taught by later jewish heresies.
Tom

Akivah

Was it moral to kill them per God's order.

And fierce anger is another one as well

I said to you which death can be moral

"And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel. And the LORD said unto Moses, 'Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.'" (Numbers 25:3-4)

Now you're confusing me. You asked if it was moral to kill them per G-d's order and then at the end of your post, you say that it is moral to kill them. If you know it was moral, then why are you asking me?

Also, your quote is not in accordance with the Hebrew bible. It wasn't "all the heads of the people", it was "all the leaders of the people".

Useless2015

Please provide a source for this claim.

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman-Chronicles 15:12

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I believe in Heaven & Hell.

If you walk around filled with kindness & compassion, that is Heaven.

Do the opposite and that will be Hell.

Have a good one!