• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Think You're Worthy of an Age of Godliness?

Do you Think you're Worthy of an Age of Godliness?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Say there is to be a cleansing of mankind, and then an Age of Godliness, with only those who are inherently angelic; do you think you'll qualify?

In my opinion. :innocent:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Say there is to be a cleansing of mankind, and then an Age of Godliness, with only those who are inherently angelic; do you think you'll qualify?

I wouldn't want to. How incredibly dull would that be?

My guess is that so-called "cleansing" wouldn't be a very pretty sight for most human animals.

Skwim

Veteran Member

I sure hope not. I find the angelic types here on earth to be complete bores, and wouldn't want to spend a men's room minute with any of them.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't worry about such things. Treating this life as a weigh station to the next is an awful waste, imo. I'm doing my best to leave this place better than I found it, for the sake of my loved ones and their families, children's children, etc. Not for a deity or angelic beings or whatnot. If a deity takes umbridge with that then they are probably not someone I want to hang out with anyway.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

Of course. We are all created in God’s image and live only by virtue of having the breath of God in us. Therefore, we inherently “qualify,” although I think “qualification” isn’t in play in God’s world. We were all cleansed — or reconciled — through the Jesus Event. As for “age of Godliness,” I’m not a dispensationalist, so there’s no such thing.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

I wouldn't need do. The "cleansing" would fail.

15365962819_6735bf8120_b.jpg

wizanda

Premium Member
How incredibly dull would that be?
Hanging around with Buddha, Lao Tzu, Yeshua, Krishna would be boring, in comparison to posting spiritually enlightening things in a world where no one gets them.

Plus being with some of the best musicians in the world is boring, in comparison to playing with tons of amateurs who miss the beat. :rolleyes:
I find the angelic types here on earth to be complete bores
Not sure who you think qualifies as angelic types down here? :smilingimp:
Treating this life as a weigh station to the next is an awful waste
We're on the verge of human extinction in less than 100 years, due to our own neglect of the planet; it isn't optional, reality needs resetting, and only the Godly get to remain.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hanging around with Buddha, Lao Tzu, Yeshua, Krishna would be boring, in comparison to posting spiritually enlightening things in a world where no one gets them.

Plus being with some of the best musicians in the world is boring, in comparison to playing with tons of amateurs who miss the beat. :rolleyes:
Assuming they're even there, and not eliminated in this 'doesn't think enough like me' genocide.

wizanda

Premium Member
I cannot conform belief or behavior based on threat or promise of reward.
It isn't a reward or a threat, that is what religious people turn it into...

These are just facts that are about to happen, and people are either trying to be wiser or they don't belong in the Age to come.
Assuming they're even there, and not eliminated in this 'doesn't think enough like me' genocide.
Saw them in Heaven in my NDE.

The requirements are not 'think like me'; tho many of the representatives words have been imposed onto others like that...

Yet when we look at the whole we see they're all saying the same things will happen, and the same requirements have been stated, to accept the whole, not parts.

This is a simulated reality, and the CPU has shown many what is to happen for their sake, to understand how they can survive; then religious people have turned it into their own, and changed what was originally implied.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I don't believe a person needs to be inherently angelic but only needs to know Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I wouldn't want to. How incredibly dull would that be?

My guess is that so-called "cleansing" wouldn't be a very pretty sight for most human animals.

I get excited about planting seeds watching and tending them and reaping the harvest. I believe my excitement is better than those who get excited over rape and murder.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I sure hope not. I find the angelic types here on earth to be complete bores, and wouldn't want to spend a men's room minute with any of them.

I believe Hell is a very boring place but then maybe some just like to watch the flames for excitement.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

I see no reason to spend time considering such heavily speculative scenarions.

For one thing, there would be no way to know whether there is anything to be done about such a cleansing. Would it even attempt to be fair? If so, by which or whose standards? Is it even within my power to do anything about such a situation?

None of those are questions that can truly be answered, and I see no reason to worry about them.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Sadly, yes, it would get dull. If you don't think it would then you are not likely thinking too deeply about it.

Pro Tip: One might want to examine why so many do not get their "spiritually enlightened postings". I'd suggest that the blame does not rest on the audience.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It isn't a reward or a threat, that is what religious people turn it into...
The Bible is loaded with promises of rewards or consequences. Like when Jesus gave his bit about putting on public displays gives you your reward here, rather than being rewarded in the afterlife. As for the warnings, there is loads about fire, and furnaces, and darkness, and wailing and gnashing of teeth.
I believe my excitement is better than those who get excited over rape and murder.
Most people don't get excited by those things.