• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things That Aren't Illegal But Should Be

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
To be fair, I bet your wardrobe is so bad it's good.

Last week I held up the grocery line when an elderly man turned around and got a glimpse of me. "Your clothes! Where did you get that?"

The orange boots(knee high with big orange bow) tend to do that. They're not much on their own, but if you pair them with just the right thing...

But, I better not say too much, before I find that @SalixIncendium has run off with them....

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What do you think should be written into law?

Letting off in a car full of people would be high on the list, definitely a crime punishable by banishment from the vehicle.

Not sure if the law would be banishment of the innocent passengers or the perpetrator! Would need serious discussions.

Regards Tony

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Last week I held up the grocery line when an elderly man turned around and got a glimpse of me. "Your clothes! Where did you get that?"

The orange boots(knee high with big orange bow) tend to do that. They're not much on their own, but if you pair them with just the right thing...

But, I better not say too much, before I find that @SalixIncendium has run off with them....
Dear gods, orange boots. Is there photographic evidence? (For use in court).

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Great if there is a lot of mosquitoes about, the ankles are safe. :)

Also or Work Health and Safety, they might pass as high visability, they got toe protection?

Regards Tony

I've always preferred knee high. Never thought about the mosquito benefit, but you're right.

As to the toe protection, I'm sure it could be added. :)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you think should be written into law?
I think viruses and all bacteria should be outlawed, so that we could become immortals. Imagine never having to worry about your body decaying, no matter how oxygen deprived.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I think viruses and all bacteria should be outlawed, so that we could become immortals. Imagine never having to worry about your body decaying, no matter how oxygen deprived.

What about the cases where the body simply wears out with age?

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I also think we should outlaw short people. I'm tired of helping them reach things.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
What about the cases where the body simply wears out with age?
In the absence of bacteria and viruses I think we can patch it up. Remember that without bacteria we no longer need immune systems, so we can get rid of immune systems, too. So we can sew on parts from various other creatures without those parts being rejected. I could get Zebra legs when my legs wear out.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I also think we should outlaw short people. I'm tired of helping them reach things.

I'm going to use my orange boots to kick your butt for that statement... :p

Besides, I seldom pester anyone to get me stuff except my oldest son. Its good for him to help out.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
@JustGeorge sorry if I killed your thread. Lets just outlaw something easier like noisy skates -- the ones with metal wheels that make your teeth chatter when you try to skate on asphalt.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That works both ways, women trying to scam men is also a thing.. my brother in law has pulled away from and reported 2 such scams
Facebook is rife with them. I had to laugh at one that pretended to be from the same state that I grew up in and had no idea of how large the state is. One is at a bit of risk since one tends to put out too much personal information on that site. just remember that if you are in your fifties and above that some sweet young thing is not going to be scouring Facebook for some old fogie to fall in love with.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Radio advertising that has police/ambulance/fire sirens to attract attention.

The number of times I've pulled over to let an emergency vehicle pass only to realise it's a bloody advert for some supermarket.

Yes that has happened to me.
I'm glad it was not on a highway or ramp with john53's (post 2) law in operation.