Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!
8. UV has her own way of spelling & talking, just smile & nod
I have to chuckle every time a secularist jumps on for the first time and writes about 12 paragaphs on how the bible is nothing but a bunch of fairy tales and that it's time for everyone to accept that religion is outdated and nothing but a plague to humainty. It's as though they think they're the first onese to have thought something like that before.
Why is this still not stickied?!!!1. Not everybody here is a theist.
2. Not every theist here is a Christian.
3. Not every Christian here is a YEC who reads the Bible literally or considers it the infallible word of God.
4. Not every YEC here spends his off time standing on street corners yelling at passers-by that they're going to hell.
5. Most of our regular members did not get their world view, theology, or understanding of history out of a Chic tract.
Ok, post away.
Post 2 of 2
Does this approach sound familiar? Dr. Peterson makes an excellent point. Outsiders view particular religions as just plain silly, one that no person in their right mind would believe. But, in fact, there are many people--good intelligent people--who believe in that particular religion. I'm sure you have had times where you have asked yourself, "how can they really believe that? I just can't believe it."