• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's no such thing as the "war on women"

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Morally and ethically, I am completely against abortion but I fail to see how banning it will make the situation any better.

nilsz

bzzt
I am just jumping into this thread without having read its entirety to offer my ignorant perspective.

I am pro-choice. If someone who is pregnant is not ready or willing to have a baby, they shouldn't have a baby. Initially I have held a pro-life stance before being yanked to my senses, which made me realize that I had completely neglected any concern for the one bearing children.

It is difficult to approach this issue with a simplistic, naive understanding of morality. Generally, we treat every human being with dignity and respect, which is especially important for young children growing up to become responsible adults. But what about every human being that could have been, but which we did not even conceive? Is it a crime against humanity to not be breeding like rabbits?

It may seem heartless to look at it this way, but a human tends to give most back to society and younger children when they have themselves become an adult, and to form an adult human being is a major investment. This investment has not gone into a fetus in the womb, and doing away with this fetus is not a comparable loss of investment.

This doesn't mean that it is ok to kill young children, because that will strike fear into other, developing children, and it will most certainly chip at our humanity.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Has no one told you yet?
Limbaugh is not elected to his position.
(He's an entertainer & commentator.)

While I agree with you...it still presents a view that is shared by many in that party as to how they view women and how women should be treated. He has a following that in turn repeats this message because it's actually something many of them believe. It's not just "entertainers" that have the ear of the public. Others in a position to affect the masses are doing this as well....

Mississippi Tea Party says women are too emotional and diabolical to vote - Detroit liberal | Examiner.com
Our country might have been better off if it was still just men voting. There is nothing worse than a bunch of mean, hateful women. They are diabolical in how than can skewer a person.
GOP Rep. says working mothers should have stayed at home | The Raw Story
This isn’t the politically correct thing to say, but when we drove the mother out of the home into the workplace and replaced her with the television set, that was not a good thing
Panel Led By NV GOP Chair Questions Women's Role In Workforce
In a panel led by Nevada GOP Chairman Tom Taber, conservative publisher Len Semas questioned the role of women in the workplace, according to Ralston Reports.
Semas said that he felt that women leaving the role of nurturer may have attributed to societal problems like attention deficit disorder.

"The reality is there is a special role that women take on, biologically, as the bearers of children and the nurturers of children," Semas said Thursday morning, as quoted by Ralston. "I don't know that we haven't created problems in society by ignoring that important role. ADD and various learning disabilities, hyperactive kids, kids building bombs in their garage."

Semas argued that women have left the home in the past few decades at about the same time that some of these issues started cropping up.

“There is a cultural issue. I'm of the opinion that many of – and I need to be careful how I phrase this – there are a lot of social conditions, a lot of social changes, that have occurred in the last 50 years and they parallel women leaving their home occupations as mothers and homemakers and entering the workforce," he said. "While I don’t deny anybody’s rights to pursue their dreams regardless of their sex…"
After a few of the panelists weighed in, Taber asked the group, "Does it matter whether the mom is at home or the dad is at home?"

Most of the panelists said, "It does," according to Ralston.
The rest of the panel was made up by Nevada GOP vice-chairman Tom Dickman, candidate for Nevada assembly Jill Dickman; Washoe GOP intern Sean Barnhill and Kelly Rush, host of a food program on Nevada local radio.
And this gem right here is just priceless.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeFhA_sL38c

This guy heads a congregation of people who believe this. His affect on his followers can shape their views which translates in many cases to how they will cast their vote....

Last edited:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Here's a gem from the Republicans in Michigan:

You now must have separate insurance in Michigan to cover abortions. Abortions can no longer be covered in regular plans offered by private insurance companies. While there is an exception for danger to the mother's life, there is no exception for rape, which has led to it's appropriate label as "Rape Insurance".

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Here's a gem from the Republicans in Michigan:

You now must have separate insurance in Michigan to cover abortions. Abortions can no longer be covered in regular plans offered by private insurance companies. While there is an exception for danger to the mother's life, there is no exception for rape, which has led to it's appropriate label as "Rape Insurance".

That's just so sad....

It's a pot meet kettle situation with Republicans......

GOP Doctors Caucus marks three-year anniversary of Obamacare | Republican Doctors Caucus
Rep. Larry Buschon, M.D. (IN-08):“As a former cardiothoracic surgeon, I understand healthcare decisions are better made between a patient and their doctor – not by government bureaucrats,” said Rep. Bucshon.
He said that in reference to the ACA....but I guess they don't see the irony in their position...unless they do and it doesn't mean anything to them....:shrug:

I would say since there was not a woman voting on this bill that concern's women make's it a wrong worthless vote. But it's really nothing new. A dull moot point. I am anti-abortion very strongly.

How to do if you are a gynecologist and ask to do an abortion for in incest case or rape case of a child under 15 y is it a curse for me ? Or must i let her go and seek unprofessionel help with the risk for her own life ? I am become recently a cristian so as most as possible i dont do abortion any more but as a professional i know my job very well should I asked forgiveniss for the Lord and help her or should I send her away in the un known with a high risk? I know a lot of cases in my county and neighbour country where teenagers lost ther life because they dont receive professional help. I am ver confused i pray the lord for the answer i want to serve him and him alone and i dont want to be part of a curse! What is your deep christian feeling about this case? Thanks a lot and God bless you!

How to do if you are a gynecologist and ask to do an abortion for in incest case or rape case of a child under 15 y is it a curse for me ? Or must i let her go and seek unprofessionel help with the risk for her own life ? I am become recently a cristian so as most as possible i dont do abortion any more but as a professional i know my job very well should I asked forgiveniss for the Lord and help her or should I send her away in the un known with a high risk? I know a lot of cases in my county and neighbour country where teenagers lost ther life because they dont receive professional help. I am ver confused i pray the lord for the answer i want to serve him and him alone and i dont want to be part of a curse! What is your deep christian feeling about this case? Thanks a lot and God bless you!