• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There's no such thing as the "war on women"

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Made you look....:p

20-Week Abortion Bill Advanced By All-Male Congressional Panel
Republicans in the House Judiciary subcommittee voted on Tuesday to expand Rep. Trent Franks' (R-Ariz.) proposed D.C. abortion bill to apply to the whole country and advanced the bill favorably to the full committee. The bill would ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy in the United States in all cases except those in which the mother's life is in danger.

Tell me do you think about this initiative by this all male group of republican men?

Titanic

I would say since there was not a woman voting on this bill that concern's women make's it a wrong worthless vote. But it's really nothing new. A dull moot point. I am anti-abortion very strongly.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I would say since there was not a woman voting on this bill that concern's women make's it a wrong worthless vote. But it's really nothing new. A dull moot point. I am anti-abortion very strongly.

Question.....

If you're strongly opposed to abortion what difference does it make if it was simply a panel of men enacting an agenda you support? Is it the underlying provisions in their bill proposal?

It's an honest question. I have no motives or combative agenda with your response to my question. I'm simply trying to get an understanding is all.

Me Myself

Back to my username
images

sigh*

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
He is looking it from the moral perspective, not the legal one.

I'm looking at it from the moral perspective too. What is immoral about aborting a mass of undeveloped tissues that cannot function on their own?

I don't see why some need to romanticize fetuses.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I'm looking at it from the moral perspective too. What is immoral about aborting a mass of undeveloped tissues that cannot function on their own?

What is more immoral, killing an adult dog or a newborn baby, and why?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
It isn't murder if a fetus isn't a person. Which it isn't.

FT might be playing ("devil's advocate") here or he might be trying to be facetious. I've never gotten the vibe from him he was anti-abortion. Oh, heck....Huow much do you really know about a person who's anonymous on the internet...:D

freethinker44

Would you consider it murder if a mother let a new born baby die because she did not care for it? If not murder it would at least be morally repulsive right? I if yes, why is it wrong to let new-born infants die from neglect? Could it be because they can't function on their own? Perhaps the definition of person should be pushed back to a year after the birth of a child.

freethinker44

FT might be playing ("devil's advocate") here or he might be trying to be facetious. I've never gotten the vibe from him he was anti-abortion. Oh, heck....Huow much do you really know about a person who's anonymous on the internet...:D

No, I am being honest. To me, there is a point where a fetus becomes a person and abortion becomes murder. I wouldn't say birth is the defining point of personhood either, that doesn't make sense, one hour before birth the baby is just an unformed mass? No, but I don't believe life starts at conception either. So there is a grey area between getting rid of an unformed mass, and murdering a child, from what I understand of pregnancy I would put that grey area somewhere in the second trimester. So to me, the moral thing would be to outlaw abortion after the first trimester.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Would you consider it murder if a mother let a new born baby die because she did not care for it? If not murder it would at least be morally repulsive right? I if yes, why is it wrong to let new-born infants die from neglect? Could it be because they can't function on their own? Perhaps the definition of person should be pushed back to a year after the birth of a child.

That's the point. Society defines when life begins. There is no objective definition. I ask again- what is immoral about aborting a collective of undeveloped tissues?