• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are about 1000 gods. Is that evidence against God?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Atheists often cite the great abundance of gods.
In my opinion, this is not evidence against God.
I believe, it rather shows that God allows other beliefs to happen, for some time at least.
Here is a video by an atheist on this matter:

If you think that every single god deserves to be scrutinized equally... check out a thousand gods then.
This would be my suggestion.
Why do you think you have the 'right' god?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The only religious method that I know of is:

Make up some nonsense.

Believe in it really hard.

Threaten those that do not agree with you.

How does that help?
One's response, I understand, is exactly in confirmity of the Atheist Method, please. Right friend, please?

Regards

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's only highly improbable that how we choose to conceive of God falls far short of the actuality of such an inexplicable existential possibility as the great mystery source, sustenance, and purpose of all that is (God). Because there is no logical correlation between the inaccuracy of our various conceptions of God, and the probable existence of God, itself. A point that atheists persistently ignore.
I've directly addressed the OP, not ignoring any salient issue.
Could you support your claim that existent of a particular god,
ie, God is probable? I need more than proselytizing.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"Evidence" is valid only in Science/Scientific Method it does not work with Atheist Method, please. Right friend, please?

Regards
I see evidence existing outside the scientific method.
But I do require that it be cromulent...more than feeling.

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
I've directly addressed the OP, not ignoring any salient issue.
Could you support your claim that existent of a particular god,
ie, God, is probable? I need more than proselytizing.

I think the OP is not about proving the existence of God. It is about a particular argument of the atheists that is used a lot by atheists in debates and sermons in their proselytisation effort. ;)

I think it is your burden if you wish to prove God does not exist, and the same thing could be said to you, "I need more than proselytising".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I believe along with probabilities there are also exceptions. It was probable at age 75 getting the Covid-19 would kill me but I was an exception because God intervened and made it go away.
I haven't been able to find the death rate for your age.
Do you believe it's above 50%?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think the OP is not about proving the existence of God. It is about a particular argument of the atheists that is used a lot by atheists in debates and sermons in their proselytisation effort. ;)

I think it is your burden if you wish to prove God does not exist, and the same thing could be said to you, "I need more than proselytising".
Of course, I can't prove something supernatural to be non-existent.
And tis not proselytizing to say that with so many conflicting gods
vying to be the singular creator, it's unlikely that any choice is correct.
I never said that gods cannot exist.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I have checked many of them out. They all seem equally man made. I've since stopped checking them out because my time is valuable, and nothing about them really stands out. :shrug:

Why should one god be more worthy of my time than the others?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Of course, I can't prove something supernatural to be non-existent.
And tis not proselytizing to say that with so many conflicting gods
vying to be the singular creator, it's unlikely that any choice is correct.
I never said that gods cannot exist.

Great. So leave that argument aside.

I didnt say "it is proselytisingt o say that with so many conflicting gods" but I said it is used in the proselytising efforts by atheists but they claim they dont do that. Its just that "I and my kind are better than yours" attitude that makes one blind to see that it is proselytisation.

This argument is absurd. Atheists claiming theists are atheists against other theisms is not understanding the very meaning of atheism. Also it is absolutely noticeable that this dire need of rejecting has created a blind faith in some atheists who basically have lost the plot.

Atheists, as people who claim to be very highly intellectual and superior most of the time should resort to objective and specific arguments without resorting to this sort of iteration of the other.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I have checked many of them out. They all seem equally man made. I've since stopped checking them out because my time is valuable, and nothing about them ready stands out. :shrug:

Why should one god be more worthy of my time than the others?

Typical. ;) One who knows not that he knows not.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Great. So leave that argument aside.

I didnt say "it is proselytisingt o say that with so many conflicting gods" but I said it is used in the proselytising efforts by atheists but they claim they dont do that. Its just that "I and my kind are better than yours" attitude that makes one blind to see that it is proselytisation.

This argument is absurd. Atheists claiming theists are atheists against other theisms is not understanding the very meaning of atheism. Also it is absolutely noticeable that this dire need of rejecting has created a blind faith in some atheists who basically have lost the plot.

Atheists, as people who claim to be very highly intellectual and superior most of the time should resort to objective and specific arguments without resorting to this sort of iteration of the other.
I speak primarily for this one atheist.
Other atheists often hold different opinions & attitudes.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Typical. ;) One who knows not that he knows not.
It is not unreasonable. Perhaps he should have added that the clear conclusion is that the burden of proof lies upon the believers. I have yet to see a believer that knows how to even begin to find evidence for his beliefs.

Suave

Simulated character
I believe, it rather shows that God allows other beliefs to happen, for some time at least.

If you think that every single god deserves to be scrutinized equally... check out a thousand gods then.

There being thousands of Gods having been conceptualized, indicates to me there is a wide range of imaginability. Of course God claims can't be taken seriously, because they are not verifiable.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There being thousands of Gods having been conceptualized, indicates to me there is a wide range of imaginability. Of course God claims can't be taken seriously, because they are not verifiable.
I would not mind believers so much if they could only admit that they just believe. Too many claim to know. When one challenges them it quickly becomes apparent that they do not know. They only believe.