• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are about 1000 gods. Is that evidence against God?

Tiberius

You could read what was posted. What’s pathetic is instead of just read it and move on you have to complain just because it’s not to your liking.

Pathetic.

I'm not reading through it all and trying to figure out which parts are from my post that you are quoting and which parts are your responses to me.

And it seems strange to me that you've wasted more effort trying to justify why you shouldn't perform this basic courtesy than it actually would have taken you to just go in and fix your quote tags!

Nivek001

I'm not reading through it all and trying to figure out which parts are from my post that you are quoting and which parts are your responses to me.

And it seems strange to me that you've wasted more effort trying to justify why you shouldn't perform this basic courtesy than it actually would have taken you to just go in and fix your quote tags!
I’ve wasted effort at what? Pointing out how pointless your criticism is? You could still read it. You can still understand what it said, but you still had to go over and over and over and over about how you did not like how you had to read it.

Pathetic.

I’m not forcing you to read anything. If you don’t like to read what I posted, you don’t have to read it. It’s amazing that thought never came across to you. While I’m posting I am rubbing my thumb and index finger as though I am playing the world’s smallest violin playing my heart bleeds for you.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I believe it is the Bible and a cloud of witnesses.

Hmm... But many holy books have been written all over the world, and they are all written by men. Doesn't seem very supernatural to me.

What, specifically, is it about the bible that couldn't have been replicated by man?

As for witnesses, police will tell you all about the reliability of witnesses. There are plenty of studdies out there about the realiability of people's memories, and it turns out that our memories are not that accurate: especially over time.

Are memories reliable? Expert explains how they change more than we realise

Not only that, but people are even prone to creating false memories for themselves.

How False Memories Can Affect Our Ability To Recall Events

Creating False Memories

Then there's the issue with collective false memories that are created in group settings.

Collective memory - Wikipedia

Collective representations elicit widespread individual false memories - ScienceDirect

...And the gospels were written, what, 30 years after the death of Jesus?

You know, recently my mom found an old family home video of Christmas from when I was 12. I remember that christmas very strongly! I got a lot of cool Star Wars stuff, and I even got a pet hampster with a cage that had all the tubes and stuff for the hampster to run around in!

Now, after seeing the video... Eh. I didn't get as many Star Wars toys as I remember getting, and they were small little things; nothing that epic. The hampster cage wasn't nearly as intricate as I remembered, either. It was a good christmas, but I had inflated just how good it was in my own mind, and it wasn't until after I saw a third party perspective where I saw just how different my memories had become in relation to the actual event.

That's assuming the people who wrote the unverifiable stories of the bible were telling the truth (as best as they knew it).

thomas t

non-denominational Christian
How convenient. I wonder if this would apply in a court of law.

Of course my client is innocent. And it doesn't matter that there's no evidence to prove he is innocent, because the prosecutors wouldn't believe it anyway!
actually, a client does not need to prove he is unnocent. To the best of my knowledge... the prosecutors need to present the evidence to convict him.
The burden of proof is on the prosecutors... and the client gets the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

A Vestigial Mote

no signature you say?
If he left one, a majority of atheists wouldn't believe it to be from God anyway, it seems.
See If God Writes Something With the Stars...
Well, yes - there would need to be some way to tie it to God's doing. Evidence that makes that the absolute best fit for the information we have, and a relationship that is testable, and whose effects can be reproduced or predicted. It's the reason I wouldn't even necessarily be able to trust my own experiences, senses or thoughts with regard to such propositions as "God." How do I know I wasn't compromised in some way at the time I had the thoughts/experiences? Best if you can get a whole lot of people witnessing and corroborating the same thing, and much, much better if you can reproduce or predict when/how it would happen again. Short of that, you don't have much at all. But then, I think you knew that.