• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theological terrorists

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
There are theological terrorists also, the people who would try to frighten people of the end of days, day of judgment, eternal hells and tortures therein. They shoot with their mouth, writings and web pages.
Sticks and stones..... much worse. :)

It can only get really bad on the theological scene when the possibility of theocracy looms.

A Vestigial Mote

Exactly. One is free to criticize their beliefs...but calling them terrorists is slightly unfair because they do not scare anybody:p
It is not unprecedented, however, for those groups to be the dominant force in a culture (or government). Such that real, physical threats become imminent for those not toeing the line.

However empty their threats are in reality, if they are backed by over-arching power, they can make (and historically have made) things difficult for those who call them out.

ppp

shallow minded retort

no trump card for you
As I said, you don't know what "spiritual" means. You knee-jerk canard is simply an attempt to distract from that fact. The point being that you are waving your hands in teh air, shouting "spiritual" when you have no idea what it is that you are talking about.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
some years ago.....right here at the Forum
someone posted a video of a woman being beheaded

some kind of religious law of Islam

the woman screamed.....and then died

the police were present

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It is not unprecedented, however, for those groups to be the dominant force in a culture (or government). Such that real, physical threats become imminent for those not toeing the line.

However empty their threats are in reality, if they are backed by over-arching power, they can make (and historically have made) things difficult for those who call them out.

A written, modern, secular Constitution (French model) might avoid these things from happening, though.;)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
As I said, you don't know what "spiritual" means. You knee-jerk canard is simply an attempt to distract from that fact. The point being that you are waving your hands in teh air, shouting "spiritual" when you have no idea what it is that you are talking about.
you too

ppp

Exactly. One is free to criticize their beliefs...but calling them terrorists is slightly unfair because they do not scare anybody:p
I wish that were the case. People are indoctrinated as children to fear hell. It haunts them through life in much the same way that claustrophobia haunts a child who was locked in a closet.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You'll get no qualm from me. I too feel secular is the way to go. I just wish everyone else was on board.
there are four basic motivations for Man

God................
social drive
military drive
and economy

only one offers some notion of continuance