• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theological terrorists

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yeah, there are terrorist governments and there are democratic governments comprising of representatives of the people elected in a honest way. You have the example of Idi Amin and Kim Jong-un. People authorize democratic governments to make rule and apply them. The two things are not the same.

Thats a strawman argument.

Let me cut and paste the post so that you could try and read again and be relevant.

"Using that logic all the governments in the world are all terrorists. They threaten people too of life in prison, death penalty, jail for small crimes, and a whole lot of other things."

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Only if you ignore the fact that they affect policy, laws, and culture. They prey on our children and other people in a vulnerable state.
If they are doing things legally in free countries they are not terrorists in my book.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Who sets up the line? I believe some people are more sensitive than others.

Exactly.
I meant...if they don't impose their convictions on anybody they are absolutely free to express their views.
We live in free demicratic countries.

ppp

I believe it would not be anymore comfortable knowing that God was throwing a destructive wind your way.
The point being that destructive, mindless things that hurt people are not to blame. Where are mindful destructive things are morally culpable for the harm that they do. You liken God to a mindless thing (tornadoes) so as to sidestep his immorality. It also sidesteps your own moral deficits in telling everyone that his evil actions are actually "good".

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
On the face of it, it seems like a mantra, but IMHO it is just as ineffective. They are people on a mission.

proxy-image

It takes time for meaningful change to happen, it is never overnight.

Regards Tony

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
But there's plenty who aren't viewed as doomsday cults who still go around scaring people with terrifying end of the world and hell crap, like JWs and other fundie Christians. Generations of people have been traumatized by this garbage. Whenever I see Christian propaganda scaring people about that stuff, I ball it up and chuck it in the trash, where it belongs.

Christianity started off as a Doomsday Cult by definition, that is why fundamentalists become Doomsday cults. JW's are by definition a Doomsday Cult as well. People just don't view them as such because they are Christians themselves and do not want to admit it.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Terrorism is not far from Religious terrorists. We have seen examples of that all through the history.
Well, yes.
But it was human wickedness, most of it. If those criminals had held to their religions properly..... ??

But I do get the point.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Terrorism is not far from Religious terrorists. We have seen examples of that all through the history.
Can I add to my last post please?
The point is, that religions can try to frighten outsiders with words and pretences, but that's just talk. But if a religion like Baha'i should ever grow to a country's majority of population, then 'Woe' to the people and it wouldn't just be talk then.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can I add to my last post please?
The point is, that religions can try to frighten outsiders with words and pretences, but that's just talk. But if a religion like Baha'i should ever grow to a country's majority of population, then 'Woe' to the people and it wouldn't just be talk then.

It is a challenge for some people to change.

Regards Tony