• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theological terrorists

syo

Okay..but maybe I was not understanding how far they can go.
I have always had positive experiences with Christian fundamentalists even if I disagreed with them.
Maybe concrete examples could help.
Abortion, homosexuality, polygamy, paganism, and practicaly everything. :confused:

Audie

Veteran Member
Whilst you have a point that seems technically true, beware the impracticality of treating those who terrorise with empty threats the same as those who terrorise with genuine threats (such as listed by @Estro Felino in post #3)
Often enough the theos back up their threats in hideous ways

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Okay..but maybe I was not understanding how far they can go.
I have always had positive experiences with Christian fundamentalists even if I disagreed with them.
Maybe concrete examples could help.
I suspect that many, if not most, are using a common non traditional definition of the word 'terrorist' in that they consider merely scaring others is a form of terrorism.
I presented an example of a theist earlier in the thread who used violence, Paul Hill.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I suspect that many, if not most, are using a common non traditional definition of the word 'terrorist' in that they consider merely scaring others is a form of terrorism.
I presented an example of a theist earlier in the thread who used violence, Paul Hill.

Absolutely...
What about the Vatican during the Reformation?. It used to be a terrorist organization, murdering innocent people just because they were heretics o witches.
But the OP is talking about words. Words express points of views.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
There are theological terrorists also, the people who would try to frighten people of the end of days, day of judgment, eternal hells and tortures therein. They shoot with their mouth, writings and web pages.

Am I friend or enemy if I see you in danger and don't warn you?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Absolutely...
What about the Vatican during the Reformation?. It used to be a terrorist organization, murdering innocent people just because they were heretics o witches.
But the OP is talking about words. Words express points of views.
And the word "terrorist" is incorrect unless there is included violence.
It is the very definition of the word.

So if the OP is all about words it is my opinion it fails.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There are theological terrorists also, the people who would try to frighten people of the end of days, day of judgment, eternal hells and tortures therein. They shoot with their mouth, writings and web pages.
we should not fear God?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
On the face of it, it seems like a mantra, but IMHO it is just as ineffective. They are people on a mission.

proxy-image
some such types do exist
they will cut your head off

but a gun will do

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Voluntary phobias have been the rage for centuries.
voluntary ignorance as well

you don't like Something Greater lurking over your shoulder?

yeah.....I get that

but ignoring the situation doesn't help

oh darn......now we need another .......prove it discussion

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

yeah.....I get that

Another?
to the best of my knowledge you have not ever had a "proof" discussion...

So how long before you start with the whole "denial" nonsense that you never ever support?
Hells bells, you have as yet to name that which you claim I deny.

How about instead of polluting this thread with that nonsense, you start another thread and let me know.

ppp

yeah.....I get that

I think we are all aware thief that you are weaving a fiction. There is no "it".

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
we should not fear God?
Even when I was a theist, Gods were friends to me rather than rule-enforcers. If I went way-ward, they gently reminded me. But then, Hindu Gods are a bit different than the Abrahamic Gods.
And the word "terrorist" is incorrect unless there is included violence. It is the very definition of the word.
Beg to differ, a terrorist is one who terrorizes.