• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The witchhunt continues...

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
What. Is. The. Problem?

Are they peeing on the floor? Are they not washing their hands? What?

I believe that a KEY reason women fought for their own public restrooms in the first place was to increase their safety. In an earlier post you indicated that you think this policy is maybe not necessary. Am I paraphrasing you accurately?

So no, it's not about peeing on the floor. Women's restrooms help protect women from being assaulted and raped. They are not a perfect solution, but they help.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If so, that sounds like an extraordinary claim proposing a radical shift from society's current norms.

Don't like it?

Move to a country where people agree with you.

Like the Baltic States, Russia, North Korea, or Africa.

Hahahaha

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I believe that a KEY reason women fought for their own public restrooms in the first place was to increase their safety. In an earlier post you indicated that you think this policy is maybe not necessary. Am I paraphrasing you accurately?

So no, it's not about peeing on the floor. Women's restrooms help protect women from being assaulted and raped. They are not a perfect solution, but they help.

Where are the sources behind The idea that women have "their own restrooms" for "safety" reasons?

"In the United States, Massachusetts was the first state to pass a law mandating sex-separated toilet facilities in 1887. It was titled "An Act To Secure Proper Sanitary Provisions in Factories and Workshops". The act called for suitable and separate toilets for women in the workplace."

This says nothing about safety and everything about sanitation?

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
What the hell does your comment have to-do with my post?

Post #697 with mental health conditions there is a higher percentage in transgenders than there is in the general population.

Hmmm...Maybe you just like talking about people equipment.
Sorry as I was conflating someone else's post whereas the above would have been appropriate.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I feel compelled to respond when you broadcast the idea that the worldwide medical industry has overwhelmingly concluded that puberty blockers and surgeries "save lives".

I said they can save lives when prescribed per professional, qualified medical criteria, and that's a measurable fact not just for those forms of gender-affirming care but any other medical treatment too. Many medical procedures require thorough, careful diagnosis before usage to maximize benefits and minimize risks. Gender-affirming care in its various forms is no different.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Well you're talking like it's an epidemic, so yes I would expect to see some evidence of it. But I don't.
Sorry for the confusion. I'm not claiming that there's an epidemic. The concern is about NORMALIZATION.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I feel compelled to respond when you broadcast the idea that the worldwide medical industry has overwhelmingly concluded that puberty blockers and surgeries "save lives". This is an extraordinary claim. It appears from my research that the evidence for this claim is shaky and not holding up well to harsh scrutiny.

As for slandering the source of the article. Please try to remember that this topic is hugely consequential. As such, we should be focused on the quality of the factual claims made, correct?

And also please remember that WPATH - the source of much of the SOC - is itself a largely ideological organization.

I would contend that most of what we can read on such politically charged topics comes from biased-to-some-degree sources.

That means it's up to us to evaluate the quality of the FACTUAL CLAIMS we read. That's the ultimate test.
You're efforts are so misguided and misplaced that instead of showing concern for things like knee surgeries you are trying to insist you know better than legions of experts (healthcare providers and researchers) when it comes to a procesure with a very small rate of regret.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
women fought for their own public restrooms
Did they? I don't remember that. When did that happen?
Women's restrooms help protect women from being assaulted and raped.
So you are suggesting that trans women are raping and assaulting women in the woman's washrooms.

Are you at all concerned about trans women being raped or assaulted if they are forced to go into the men's room?

We Never Know

No Slack

Women never fought for seperate bathrooms as far as I know(I could be wrong). I believe is was legislature that decided to do it. However....

"The historical purposes of sex-separated toilets in the United States and Europe, as well as the timing of their appearance, are disputed amongst scholars. Safety from sexual harassment and privacy were likely two main goals of sex-separation of public toilets, and factors such as morality also played roles.[1]: 228, 278, 288–89  Paternalism and resistance to women entering the workplace might have also played a role.[2] Some women's groups hold that unisex public toilets will be less safe for women than public toilets that are separated by sex, however some experts say that with the appropriate design interventions, these spaces can improve the safety of all users and reduce the disproportionately long wait times females face in sex-separated public washrooms."

Last edited:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
So no biological truths such as chromosomes, body parts etc.?

I took "characteristics" in a different way, but asking for a biological "truth" gets even more complex. Some males grow breasts or lactate even if they identify socially as male. Some females barely have breasts that show. Many females need to shave their face. Genitals come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, and since they develop from the same structures, aren't very different from each other aside from size or function. In considering chromosomes, please see my post on this thread linked here: The witchhunt continues...

That's not disputing that biological structure and function is an important role in gender, only that it varies in individuals and the characteristics I specifically brought up in the post you quoted aren't necessarily related to it.

Men cannot give birth to a baby.

A male without analogous female structures cannot. But a person with analogous structures and playing the role of "man" in contemporary society can.

And, as medical science progresses, a person born with male structures may one day be able to do so.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I said they can save lives when prescribed per professional, qualified medical criteria, and that's a measurable fact not just for those forms of gender-affirming care but any other medical treatment too. Many medical procedures require thorough, careful diagnosis before usage to maximize benefits and minimize risks. Gender-affirming care in its various forms is no different.
^^this^^ :clapping: