• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The witchhunt continues...

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

How do we as a nation rein in the bumbling bumpkin brigade?
IF they, too, are to have freedom of expression, I frankly don't think you can.

LGBTQ+ rights have been the result of more and more ordinary people coming to realize that the variations on the human, while not commonplace, are completely natural -- and also because, when they looked around, they occurred within their own communities and even families. If those ordinary people are cowed into silence, then there will certainly be a loss of some of the rights achieved.

And then we'll have to begin again.

We Never Know

No Slack
I mean within the realm of cultural attitudes, social influence, etc., not the legal system.
Roe vs. Wade being overturned along with the recent crop of anti-LGBT bills has demonstrated that the yokel horde poses a real threat to our liberty.
"poses a real threat to our liberty"

So do flag burning idiots

Well, if you insist...

OblongEmbarrassedDeinonychus-max-1mb.gif

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Fine with me. People need to stop eating that crap and stop drinking ****ty beer like Bud Light, anyway. And if it makes Dylan go away, all the better. This is just another useless narcissistic loser who is famous for doing nothing at all, and makes money from advertising and brand partnerships. They make trans people look like a joke, and managed to **** off both trans people and cis women with their offensive "days of girlhood" videos, which were basically a misogynistic mockery of both trans women and natal women (Dylan was a gay boy until recently, and many gay men are misogynists). Screw 'em all.

We Never Know

No Slack
Fine with me. People need to stop eating that crap and stop drinking ****ty beer like Bud Light, anyway. And if it makes Dylan go away, all the better. This is just another useless narcissistic loser who is famous for doing nothing at all, and makes money from advertising and brand partnerships. They make trans people look like a joke, and managed to **** off both trans people and cis women with their offensive "days of girlhood" videos, which were basically a misogynistic mockery of both trans women and natal women (Dylan was a gay boy until recently, and many gay men are misogynists). Screw 'em all.

^^^^^stuff like this is why you need to stay^^^^^

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Dylan is an actual transgender woman the way tofurkey is actual turkey. He makes a mockery of it all, transwomen and women alike.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

How do we as a nation rein in the bumbling bumpkin brigade?
The man quoted in the article should have had a clue about Kellogg's nefarious plot:

""I usually start my mornings with either Froot Loops or Frosted Flakes so this one hurts," he added."

There it is in black and white. What body part does he think that a "Foot Loop" is? And here he has been eating them every morning.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Dylan is an actual transgender woman the way tofurkey is actual turkey. He makes a mockery of it all, transwomen and women alike.
What little that I know of Dylan comes from this controversy. I would have no way of judging her. I only judge the crazies that are afraid to have anything to do with trans people because it is obviously contagious:eek::eek::eek: You can't be eating Froot Loops anymore. Those men might begin to look good to you. When I drank beer I definitely did not drink Bud Light. I still probably would not since my little purchase would not make one speck of difference either way and since I never liked the taste of it why bother? Unfortunately as I age my body is not as young as it used to be and beer causes psoriasis. Dang now I want an IPA.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In what way, please? I mean, show me how "elitist condescension" is more damaging to human rights for minorities than religiously-inspired hatred for non-conformity.

Disparaging the rural lower classes attacks an entire class of people, including many neutrals and fence-sitters who might be driven into the arms of the right wing. Why give them more allies and make them stronger?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Disparaging the rural lower classes attacks an entire class of people, including many neutrals and fence-sitters who might be driven into the arms of the right wing. Why give them more allies and make them stronger?
I never implied that all rural people are rednecks. I refer to a subculture that's staunchly insular.