• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE WALL !!!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'm not debating illegals commit more crimes than natural citizens, that would be rediculas... but the fact is illegals in this country commit large numbers of crimes. Compare crime statistics by illegals in other countries to the U.S... I would bet the numbers are astronomically lopsided and would suggest we have a serious illegal immigration problem.
That's not what four different studies have shown, and it's only the controversial Arizona study that refutes them.

People here illegally tend to commit fewer crimes largely due to the fact that if they get caught they are almost immediately deported with no legal chance of even coming here and seeking asylum, for example.

Either way, we certainly don't have to bother debating "the Wall" because our president said over and over again that Mexico will pay for it. When those pesos arrive, then that'll pay for "the Wall". Please let me know when that happens, OK?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I do not believe that Donald is bothered about it being called a wall or a fence.

The border fence that Hungary erected seems to be effective.
He seems to be set on a wall that would easily be circumvented, and would pose its own problems.

There may be some areas where the current fence could be improved, but demanding a pointless wall is posturing on his part at best.

Ponder This

Hadrian's wall, The Berlin Wall, and China's Great Wall did not work. People just went around or under them.

Hadrian's Wall: Actually effective... So effective that it was later followed by another Wall called Antonine's Wall that advanced the border even further North.

Berlin Wall: also very effective. Kept East and West Germany divided for decades, politically, economically, and socially... re-unification of the country could not really properly occur until after the Wall was torn down.

China's Great Wall: again very effective wall against the Mongol Hordes. Literally stopped so many raids from occurring.

The reason it's been absent from the commentary is that walls have, historically, been effective. The argument that people can simply go around walls is easily turned on its head. If people have to go around a wall, then you have controlled where they can go (proof that a wall stopped them from going literally anywhere they wanted to go).

The argument that walls are not effective because people can go around them is a very strange argument to see... because the whole point of having a wall is to force people to go around it! It's like arguing that cars aren't effective transportation because cars don't enable people to go anywhere they wouldn't already be able to go! (People can already walk to any location a car would be able to carry them).

Bob the Unbeliever

So doing nothing is better than doing something is it.

What is more effective than a wall/fence?

Maybe, not having a government leader that is the #1 Clown in the Clown Car?

Maybe, not making a Big Deal over drugs? Which generates and drives the drug trade to billion dollar a year profits for criminal gangs?

The problem is? Idiots keep trying to patch a leaky damn, when the **real** problem is up river...

Notanumber

A Free Man
Maybe, not having a government leader that is the #1 Clown in the Clown Car?

Maybe, not making a Big Deal over drugs? Which generates and drives the drug trade to billion dollar a year profits for criminal gangs?

The problem is? Idiots keep trying to patch a leaky damn, when the **real** problem is up river...

If you hate Donald Trump enough, you will hate everything he does regardless.

If you mean foreign aid when you say up river. Here in the UK, we have tried that and continue to try it but it does not stop illegals from trying to enter our country.

Bob the Unbeliever

If you hate Donald Trump enough, you will hate everything he does regardless..

I do not hate tЯump. I despise him and everyone who supports him. He is an utter failure-- and by now? Anyone still supporting his systematic hate? Is just as much a sociopath as tЯump.

But I do not attribute anything he does to pure malice-- most of his idioticy is simple incompetence.

His entire career is one of gross incompetence. Nothing--repeat-- nothing he has ever done has ever not ended in pure failure.

How on earth anyone thought he'd be a competent POTUS? Was either as racist as he obviously is, or just wanted to destroy everything.

Sadly, too many in the latter camp...

If you mean foreign aid when you say up river. Here in the UK, we have tried that and continue to try it but it does not stop illegals from trying to enter our country.

Foreign aid? No... I did not mean that.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I do not hate tЯump. I despise him and everyone who supports him. He is an utter failure-- and by now? Anyone still supporting his systematic hate? Is just as much a sociopath as tЯump.

But I do not attribute anything he does to pure malice-- most of his idioticy is simple incompetence.

His entire career is one of gross incompetence. Nothing--repeat-- nothing he has ever done has ever not ended in pure failure.

How on earth anyone thought he'd be a competent POTUS? Was either as racist as he obviously is, or just wanted to destroy everything.

Sadly, too many in the latter camp...

Foreign aid? No... I did not mean that.

I am just thankful that he became the leader of the free world instead of the alternative.

For all his faults, he is not a globalist.

Bob the Unbeliever

For all his faults, he is not a globalist.

There are a lot of things tЯump is not:

## competent
## honest
## loyal
## empathetic
## intelligent
## educated
## possessing an ability to read
## charisma
## genuine
## a good businessman
## a loyal husband