• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE WALL !!!

Ellen Brown

Something that has been largely absent from the commentary about "Himself's" Wall is that they don't and haven't ever worked. Hadrian's wall, The Berlin Wall, and China's Great Wall did not work. People just went around or under them.

OR, perhaps better relationships with Mexico and the rest of Central America and South America? OH, but they don't trust America you say? Whose fault is that, would you guess? I just heard that there are Methamphetamines coming from Vietnam. And, perhaps some very hard work on substance dependencies? Sorry to say this but it all comes right back onto Americans who need to grow up!

Oh, but there is far too much money for the rich to make by confining offenders, lamely counselling offenders, and doing all the things that produce revenue but don't dry the demand up.

RANT OFF!

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
It's still, "you build the wall", or you, "pay for a carp-ton more people to patrol". The wall is always cheaper than people. So, with that in mind, I say wall away.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Something that has been largely absent from the commentary about "Himself's" Wall is that they don't and haven't ever worked. Hadrian's wall, The Berlin Wall, and China's Great Wall did not work.

Not that I am endorsing impalement but Vlad Tepesh's wall worked very well and it wasn't really a full blown wall.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Interestingly enough I've heard that most illegal immigrants come from Asia not Mexico.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I should fact check weather are not that's true since I do not know
According to wiki:

upload_2019-1-17_19-27-39.png

*[end quote]*​

Bob the Unbeliever

Yeah..... let's spend billions of $$ that we don't have, to build a wall that can be circumvented by a $30 ladder and $5 worth of rope.

Or a $10 shovel.

Or some explosives.

Any of these things are common in Mexico, and cost pennies compared to the wall.

tЯump's wall is simply more of his massively over-bloated ego. Everything he does, in fact, is about his massively over-inflated ego.

I used to think most politicians were similar... then there came tЯump.... and he managed to break all the records-- all the **negative** (bad) records, that is.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But this isn't the current current immigration pattern that's being charted, just total illegal residents, by origin.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
There can be no consensus on the best solution to a problem that is being presented under a heavy guise of fiction in the first place.

Trump insists that "the wall" would somehow help solve a number of problems, but in so doing he is happily going around the facts regarding those problems.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Interesting that I heard someone say that the people who protest the loudest about the wall are themselves living behind walls of some sort for their own protection.

History proves that walls only work when you can police them.

The world is at war with itself and the casualties are spilling over into places where they hope to live a better life. But how do you tell the genuine ones from those who just want to bring their troubles with them?

Why can't people just live in peace in their own countries? Find the solution to that, and you have the answer.
No walls necessary. Who can teach governments how to make their own citizens more secure? How can you make their homeland more attractive than one that is killing itself in other more sinister ways?

Perhaps, sometime soon a single World Government will be suggested as the "fixit" for all of man's woes?
What then? Do you find the thought appealing?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You forgot to mention Pink Floyd’s Wall.
Most definitely. A fictional wall, but a wall nonetheless, and a very destructive wall at that. Isolation is hazardous to a healthy mind. To a deranged mind? To the minds of those in the front row of the Freak Show? Moves made in paranoia tend to breed more paranoia.
It's still, "you build the wall", or you, "pay for a carp-ton more people to patrol". The wall is always cheaper than people. So, with that in mind, I say wall away.
So, we pay for the wall, pay for those who get there visa and overstay their visit because obviously a wall wont do **** about that, and pay for those who get around the wall anyways. Immigration isn't an issue that can be handled so passively in such a way.
I'd rather see the wall money be spend tracking down employers who break the law and hire illegal workers. See it used to improve the lives of American citizens. See it used to keep us safe by creating external review committees to review complaints of police misconduct and brutality. Anything that will work to serve us rather than pissing it away on empty hopes and futile wishes that a wall cannot bring to fruition.
As I said in another thread, I'll eagerly await the first ones to cross the wall just to spite Trump and it gets blasted all over social media. Of course it would be pretty damaging to America's image, but it's to be expected when arrogance is allowed to fester.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why can't people just live in peace in their own countries?
Unfortunately, in various countries around the world America has a history of making it impossible for many to live peacefully in their own country. Uncle Sam has a very bad history of overthrowing leaders who were rightfully installed but uncooperative to American interests and replacing them with cooperative but brutal dictators. And, of course, doing things like bringing crack to the streets to sell, the American government can make it hard for Americans to live peacefully in America.

Dell

Asteroid insurance?
Desperate measures result from desperate times. History of walls is repeated for a reason. Walls are always designed for protection, in this case against crime not a foriegn army. There seems to be no voice of reason to the problem of crime. Do nothing then we are dealing with growing number of illegal criminals consuming resources needed to deal with growing criminal activity of our own citizens. Our laws and enforcement manpower dealing with rapist, thieves, and murderers are being deluted and increasingly ineffective. A neutralized Police force can't keep up at such a disadvantage. The wall sucks but so worse does crime.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Unfortunately, in various countries around the world America has a history of making it impossible for many to live peacefully in their own country. Uncle Sam has a very bad history of overthrowing leaders who were rightfully installed but uncooperative to American interests and replacing them with cooperative but brutal dictators. And, of course, doing things like bringing crack to the streets to sell, the American government can make it hard for Americans to live peacefully in America.

So you admit that it was all their fault. If the leaders of those countries had given the U.S. what the military/industrial complex wanted we would not have needed to get rid of their governments. In the same way the Democrats should roll over and play dead.

Ooh, I like that. No thought at all is needed to be a Trump supporter.