• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Walking Dead

Deidre

SO disappointed in this season...ugh. Even the finale was just meh. Sloppy script, too many irrelevant characters getting way too much screen time, and contrived scenes that made it look like a cheap zombie movie. Game of Thrones, pleeeease hurry back. :oops:

jonathan180iq

SO disappointed in this season...ugh. Even the finale was just meh. Sloppy script, too many irrelevant characters getting way too much screen time, and contrived scenes that made it look like a cheap zombie movie. Game of Thrones, pleeeease hurry back. :oops:
It all feels directionless.
I think they've become way too reliant on cheap gimmicks to create shocking moments and/or get the heroes out of danger... I stopped watching when they faked Glenn's death.
When the threat of constant death no longer exists in a dystopian world, it stops being a dystopian world - lots of possible story and character development opportunities are lost.

I've been a fan of the Zombie genre for a very long time. And, unfortunately, this is the eventual fate of all zombie themed endeavors. No one ever knows how to finish, so it all just devolves into constantly fighting the next big boss, like a goddamn video game.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It all feels directionless.
I think they've become way too reliant on cheap gimmicks to create shocking moments and/or get the heroes out of danger... I stopped watching when they faked Glenn's death.
When the threat of constant death no longer exists in a dystopian world, it stops being a dystopian world - lots of possible story and character development opportunities are lost.

I've been a fan of the Zombie genre for a very long time. And, unfortunately, this is the eventual fate of all zombie themed endeavors. No one ever knows how to finish, so it all just devolves into constantly fighting the next big boss, like a goddamn video game.
It would never finish in our lifetime.
Technology & infrastructure would take generations to recover.
The trick is to keep things fresh.
(I just gave up "24: Legacy" for jumping the shark.)
So far TWD is working for me, despite Glenn's resurrection & a few others.

jonathan180iq

It would never finish in our lifetime.
Technology & infrastructure would take generations to recover.
The trick is to keep things fresh.
(I just gave up "24: Legacy" for jumping the shark.)
So far TWD is working for me, despite Glenn's resurrection & a few others.
I just mean to finish the tale...
I get that. And I'd love to be able to like the show again. But I just can't.

No story is indefinite. And I know that managing good storytelling with the business of maintaining ratings isn't necessarily an easy line to walk, but it's hard for me to respect the milking aspect that the TWD seems to have embraced. It's now just any other show, pandering to an audience and not focused on delivering a new world - and that's sad for me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just mean to finish the tale...
I get that. And I'd love to be able to like the show again. But I just can't.

No story is indefinite. And I know that managing good storytelling with the business of maintaining ratings isn't necessarily an easy line to walk, but it's hard for me to respect the milking aspect that the TWD seems to have embraced. It's now just any other show, pandering to an audience and not focused on delivering a new world - and that's sad for me.
I have a high tolerance for shortcomings in fundamentally good series.
I've even watched all the Star Trek Series....except for Star Trek Enterprise....even I have my limits.