• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Walking Dead

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
As I've told you, I'm not sure how they're going to keep good enough momentum until this becomes old.

The last few episodes have been good, but, I have concerns.

For one, Maggie seems less sincere and notable of a character to me at this juncture. When I see her and Glenn together, there's something lacking. I'm surprised by Maggie's lack of emotion regarding her sister's disappearance. I don't feel that the writers have done the best job of addressing her emotions and I think that there should be something there, considering the loss of her father and having been separated from Beth for this time.

I like Beth. Her character is developing. She's growing, learning and becoming stronger. It would bug me if they write her off anytime soon and not someone like, Carol - who, in my opinion, can't be developed much further and doesn't, in my opinion seem to be destined to lead the group.

I hope that Beth doesn't die this season. I'd like to see what becomes of Beth & Darryl.
I've been thinking the same thing. It's like she didn't even notice she's gone.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well.....that was interesting.
(How do I say more without spoiling it?)
I'll just say....Go, Rick!
And abandon the preacher.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, uh, this and the last episode were quite dumb, imo. Although they did have a few satisfying moments.
Yes, it seemed a little arbitrary. And the exchange woudn't have gone so smoothly after the little difficulty between Beth & the cop. But Rick's handling of the escapee was inspired.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
They should've had the foresight to know that Dawn would want Noah, and they could've hid Noah instead of having him tag along and told Dawn that he died to walkers so she would forget about him.

But anyway now we know that Noah will be protected by plot armor and destined to find his family, lest what happened be in vain.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
The ending was spoiled for on Facebook by the official site. Apparently they forgot the West Coast hadn't seen it yet.....

Like Father Heathen, I was not very satisfied with this last episode. The whole thing at the end seemed arbitrary, especially after spending all this this time building up certain characters.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
The ending was spoiled for on Facebook by the official site. Apparently they forgot the West Coast hadn't seen it yet.....

Like Father Heathen, I was not very satisfied with this last episode. The whole thing at the end seemed arbitrary, especially after spending all this this time building up certain characters.

Totally agree. Even the actress who played Beth agrees that it made less sense to write her off this season after investing the time in developing her character - opening possibilities.

I told Father Heathen last season, that I felt like it was Beth's time to go during the episode where she and Darryl were in the cabin in the woods, after venturing to and escaping the golf club.

The first three episodes of this season, in my opinion, were awesome. Afterwards, the writing, in my opinion, has been lacking. Too many characters. Not enough character development and dialogue and interaction that doesn't make sense or is lacking.

I feel that it was Carol's time to go. I would have preferred to see the end scene pan out differently, with Carol jumping out of the wheel chair and sacrificing herself for the good of the group.

Last edited:

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I haven't watched the last episode yet, but I already figured who died before Rev's siggy spoiled it for me :p Anyway, it makes the most sense to me out of all the characters.

I have liked that this season has moved faster than previous ones; I feel like seasons 2 and 3 were really slow and 4 a bit faster.

I also noticed Maggie's lack of concern about her sister being missing; I dont even remember her asking about her. Same with Herschel. She was upset, but now he's not even mentioned.

I accidentally spoiled the Washington thing for myself, but now it leaves me wondering how they will ever tie the series up for it's inevitable finale.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Also, continuity stuff, like Michonne's sword; I keep seeing the characters change into and out of their cool weather clothes. Where the hell do they keep them?? They don't carry backpacks anymore!

jonathan180iq

Even the actress who played Beth agrees that it made less sense to write her off this season after investing the time in developing her character
I think we can't judge the death of Beth until we see how it plays in the plot line for the remaining episodes. Deaths in this show are either just to lighten the load of story arcs, or as a catalyst for more growth.

Carol doesn't exist without Ed's death
Carl and Rick's character development was closely tied to Shane and Lori's deaths.
Andrea's slow development came at the death of her sister.
Daryl grew quite a bit after Merle died.
etc., etc...

Beth was developed as a deeper character and even formed a relationship with Daryl for the very purpose of being killed off. She never existed in this show as anything more than a supporting character - and her role is to do what supporting characters do, offer springboards to the main characters and plot lines. Her death is going to play out as her biggest role, and while I feel for Emily Kinney having to leave the set and change her life quite a bit, Beth's legacy is going to be felt for quite a while within the group - probably more than most.

If you recall, the group as a whole hasn't had a chance to grieve after the prison exodus. It's been a road warrior kind of lifestyle since then. Beth's death and the elimination of the threats surrounding their people are going to offer that long-needed grieving period. I imagine the writers have take a more deeply emotion, character-driven, approach with what's coming after the mid-season break. The threats are gone, for now. They don't have the excuse of a constant threat, or of separation, to fuel their escapism. They're going to have to deal with some untended things. It should be good.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I keep trying to watch the show after I stopped on the 1st season. It is just such a boring and awful show I can't find any value in it. I keep trying to figure out which is more boring Spartacus or Game of Thrones. All three shows suffer from undeveloped stories and poor plots although the Walking Dead is just the pinnacle of them.
If the shows actually stayed true to what I love, which is zombies and TEOTWAWKI then I would love it but it doesn't.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I keep trying to watch the show after I stopped on the 1st season. It is just such a boring and awful show I can't find any value in it. I keep trying to figure out which is more boring Spartacus or Game of Thrones. All three shows suffer from undeveloped stories and poor plots although the Walking Dead is just the pinnacle of them.
If the shows actually stayed true to what I love, which is zombies and TEOTWAWKI then I would love it but it doesn't.
So what shows would you present as examples of good TV?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
So what shows would you present as examples of good TV?

None. Although the only good show I have ever seen on TV is House of Cards and a few Korean dramas. American TV is literally 99% garbage. This is why I have never watched TV and I am not joking when I say that.
The Walking Dead reminds me of CSI: Miami, repetitive and undeveloped.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
None. Although the only good show I have ever seen on TV is House of Cards and a few Korean dramas. American TV is literally 99% garbage. This is why I have never watched TV and I am not joking when I say that.
The Walking Dead reminds me of CSI: Miami, repetitive and undeveloped.
Hmmm.....so you don't like The Wire, Deadwood, Rubicon, Rome, Homeland, The Simpsons, Modern Family, The X-Files, Breaking Bad, The Boondocks, etc, etc. Well, I'm glad I have such low standards. There's so much more to enjoy as a result.

Btw, I don't know about shows like CSI....I don't watch'm.